Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who had a baby after having Lapband?

So I asked about this prior to surgery but I want to hear from someone who actually went through it. What was the process you went through reguarding your band when you got pregnant? Take out all Fluid? Then Were there any complications? Did it affect it at all? I feel my port really bad now, could you see it or how did that work with your belly? Also, did you have a natural birth and if you were you scared the pushing would do something to your band? Also, did you again a lot of your weight back annd how did that make you feel? Were you able to get filled back up right after your baby was born or did you have to wait? Were you able to lose the weight fast due to having the band? Im a couple years away from starting a family but I am still thinking a lot about this.

Try this forum dedicated to pregnancy and the lapband.

If you look through the old posts there you should find the answers to most of your questions.

I haven't had a baby yet, but I am pregnant now after being told for the last 6 years I couldn't have children.

My doctor doesn't usually do an unfill, but he did have to take out 1.5 cc's because my band tightened so much I was unable to eat and lost about 10 pounds in a month period. Since having my band loosened I have gained back 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks, which is what I needed to do. Now I'm on course for the typical 1 pound a week.

I feel my port no differently than I did before I was pregnant, but I'm only 15 1/2 weeks at the moment. I will be able to have a natural birth, barring any complications (that won't be band related). The band should not affect my pregnancy at all.

Because I plan on breastfeeding, I will not get my band tightened up immediately because I will require an additional 500 calories a day.

I can answer more questions the further along I get.

I haven't had a baby yet, but I am pregnant now after being told for the last 6 years I couldn't have children.

My doctor doesn't usually do an unfill, but he did have to take out 1.5 cc's because my band tightened so much I was unable to eat and lost about 10 pounds in a month period. Since having my band loosened I have gained back 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks, which is what I needed to do. Now I'm on course for the typical 1 pound a week.

I feel my port no differently than I did before I was pregnant, but I'm only 15 1/2 weeks at the moment. I will be able to have a natural birth, barring any complications (that won't be band related). The band should not affect my pregnancy at all.

Because I plan on breastfeeding, I will not get my band tightened up immediately because I will require an additional 500 calories a day.

I can answer more questions the further along I get.

Shay - you give me so much hope! I have a 7 yr old that took 3 years to have and I have been trying again for 6 years to another - this is the one main reason for getting banded - to have another baby....I sure hope once I lose it then I will get pregnant again! Good news I got my Friend 2 months in a row - that never happens:thumbup: I know TMI...sorry! Good Luck!!!

Stacey the lap band was a last resort for me! This will be my first baby.

Once I got the lap band done, I was regular as anything from the first month. This has been such a blessing for me! Definitely keep the faith Stacey! I had given up and didn't think I would ever get pregnant....but I was 13 weeks when I found out I was!

This is the main reason I am getting banded next week! We haven't tried for a baby yet but we talk about it. Too unhealthy and risky to do at 300 lbs. I'm a step-mom to 2 little girls and they are wonderful and if I don't have a baby of my own I will be OK but I so want to have a baby in the next few years!!!

Good luck!!!