Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had Surg Friday and need help with pain??

I still have a lot of pressure. I keep hoping to fart...who knew I'd EVER wish that...hahaha.

I have more pressure in the evenings, but I think that's because I'm having Soup and then something to drink along with it. Too much at once and I'm left feeling stuffed, bloated, etc.

Today I drank some coffee, which I know we're supposed to avoid caffeine but I was hoping to embrace the 'caffeine push' if you know what I mean. Not much happening in that dept, but I don't really know whether I should be bothered by that since I haven't eaten anything solid since last Wed!

I stepped on the scale the day after surgery (just for fun) and weighed 7 lbs more! Today it's gone (phew!).

Does it feel to you guys like you can't empty your bladder completely? It's getting better, but that's how I've kinda felt since my surgery on Friday. That was probably what a lot of that 7 lbs of weight was!

I can see how it's going to be difficult to get all of our protien, Calcium, etc. in like we should...especially after the 1st fill. I'm hearing that the amt we feel like we can take in is NOTHING compared to how restricted it will feel later. I know it's important to get in our nutrients though...I have a cousin who got the lap band in Dec 09 and she has lost a good portion of her glorious hair because she's not making sure to get what she needs in...Not that hair is THAT important, but if you are losing it, you know there is other stuff going on as well and that your body is just not all that happy with you.

This'll be a challenge, but if we can get through the first couple of months, we'll be well on our way.

You have to remember, after having Anes, a lot of your internal organs are very slow to wake up (that is why they make you pee before you can leave lol)

About 5 days post op i think my bowels finally "awoke" lol

Hello, I had surgery Thurs 7/29. Yes, I have the gas movement, I think. Gas X strips are the bomb! Not hungry at all, but wondering if Im eating/drinking enough. Worried when the hunger is going to kick in. flinstone gummy vitamins are the yummiest. Walking 30 mins a day. Down 12 pounds since last Wednesday. Going to try cream of wheat for Breakfast tomorrow. Yahoo.

I was banded on Friday as well! I am having alot of pain on my right side and my stomach has been gurgling since I had the procedure! I have been second guessing myself about this surgery since I woke up!

I was banded on 7-26-10.....I had a lot of gas pain in my chest and back and when that subsided I had a "chicken bone" feeling in my chest for 3 days that caused me not to want to drink anything. I feel a lot better now but still having a hard time consuming all my liquids. I'm on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks. Can't wait for next Monday to start stage 2 for purees!!! Good luck to you!!! WALK, WALK, WALK that is what seemed to help me the most!

Hi Everyone. I had surgery on the 30th too. I am still very sore and have the gas pain. The pain med my Doc prescribed seems to help A LOT but makes me sleepy. Nicole74, it definately sounds like gas in your chest. I have it too. The walking and taking Gas X really helps. I know you dont feel like it, I certainly dont, but I am doing it and it is helping.

To date, I have no appetite. I am eating because I know that I need to but very small amounts. (That is a good thing). Hopefully, I will stay this way for a while.

I jumped on the scale and I see no difference from Thursday night (pre-op) but then again, I am full of air and swelling....so who knows...maybe that is adding some weight?

Has anyone else that had surgery Friday step on the scale yet?

My sister and I were banded on july 30 and she has lost 10 pounds! I have lost 4!

I had surgery on thursday and i have yet to step on a scale...Im on liquids for 2 weeks and this is killing me! I had pretty good amount of gas pain but thankfully gas x has killed that and im feeling pretty good right now! i just want the hunger to stop!

I cant wait to eat anything at this point and having my first fill so i dont feel hungry. thatd be awesome if there was a july group of banders :cool2:

I can't wait to eat either! I'm 4 days down, 10 to go. :blushing:

I can't figure out how to start a July Bansters group/Thread. I've lost 11 pounds... but from starving, not fat loss. I thought milkshakes and cream soups/strained were part of the "liquid" diet.

I had surgery last Tuesday 7/27 and lost 8 pounds since then. I started getting pain yesturday underneath my breat bone and was confused abou the pain as well. I have been drinking cold drinks and had no problem. All of the sudden I just started feeling this. I am going to try gas-x. I am soo hungry and bored of fluids! I have 7 more days of fluids. I am also concerned about getting all my Protein in. Any suggestions on this? I am doing the shakesand Vitamins but am looking for something that offers a large amount of protein.

Awww, the mighty mighty Gas Pains. I was banded 7/15 and had terrible terrible gas pains in the center of my chest. Felt like a dull blade knife going thru me. GasX didn't work for me. The pains lasted for about 7 days, then miraculously the went away. They will go away for you all soon too. Good Luck.

LovelyLady, you may want to pick up some of the Protein powders from a local GNC or something. I'm using AMPLIFY and they aren't bad. I HATE diet drinks, etc. because of that aftertaste and though these are low carb/high protien, the aftertaste is pretty minimal. I've tried the Cookies & Cream, the chocolate Cream & the vanilla Cream. I like vanilla because it's versatile (you can throw peaches or whatever in it to make it different each time), but the Cookies & cream isn't bad by itself. I've been using my organic 2% milk with it. If I use 1 1/2 scoops of powder, 1 c of milk and a handful of ice, it makes a pretty large shake and I get 40 g of Protein in. The shakes will just take forever to drink once I have had my first fill though.

I had also picked up some unflavored whey protein concentrate at a local health store (I had to have them help me...not normally my kind of store). I am throwing some of this in my Soups to get 10-15 g of protein here and there. It mildly changes the taste and texture, but I'm just being careful not to taste the Soup BEFORE I throw the stuff in so that I can't do the 'Ewww, it made it gross' thing. :unsure:

My sister and I were banded on july 30 and she has lost 10 pounds! I have lost 4!

Sorry to hear that you haven't lost as much as your sister l0ser2010, but you know I bet there will be times that you lose more than her. It just goes to show that 2 people doing the same thing can have such different results!

I remember I used to get so disheartened when I went to weight watchers with my mum and my friend, and we all did the same thing and ate the same thing throughout the week, and I gained 1kg and they lost 1kg....NOT FAIR :thumbup: but, with the band I think almost everone will lose weight, some faster than others but try to stay positive, at least you have still lost which is the best news...well done :unsure:

I get down because I have only lost 24 kilos in 9 months, but then I look at it that at least I have lost and not gained even if it is slower, and I am still 24 kg lighter than I was this time last year so yay me, and no sign on diabete's in my system anymore at all :tongue2:

It's taking me longer too but I am getting there slowly, and I know that it will stay off. It didnt go on overnight and it wont come off overnight....but it WILL come off!

Keep up the great work!!!! :thumbup:

Hi there. I was banded 7/21 and went thru all of those horrible gas pains. I was taking about 3 diff gas relief pills per day, but what really helped was walking. I read it all over this site and just made myself start walking around the block. Take it slow. It started subsidinig within 2 days of walking and I was so grateful. Your right about the pain lying down and then getting up. The gas moves around the most when going from one position to the next. I did not have the pain after eating or drinking so might want to call and ask your doc's office about that. Could also be the gas. Good luck. I started walking in the house as well, but seemed to get better when I got outside and hit it a little harder.

I did the same thing.. I thought, what have I done to myself. I was banded 7/21 and about 7 days later started feeling 100% better. The gas will subside and you will feel better soon.

Klisa, the Protein Shakes are the best way to maintain not only the Protein, but Vitamins. I chew a Vitamin A day as well. I was banded 7/21 and wow what a lot to go thru in such a short period of time. It is hard to feel well nourished when your taking in liquids, but the shakes give you energy and should help until you can start eating. Good luck to you.

Yeah...I'm doing the Protein shake thing...sigh...

I'm also taking a liquid multi vit which is actually rather tasty, addtl liquid B Complex and 'juicing'.

I wanna make sure to get my vits in! :unsure: