Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for September 2010 Bandsters

Good morning, everyone!

Fresh from a visit with my primary doctor this morning. I have been declared "cured" of my hypertension. She took me OFF of my blood pressure medicine completely!!!! :thumbup:

It's a great feeling to say goodbye to one medication already.

I'm doing better emotionally, as well. I think I've gotten over the head hunger craziness of a few days ago and am handling it fairly well. I haven't lost any weight in the last several days but I haven't gained, either, so I'm calling that a MAJOR victory. The other piece is that I haven't taken my bp meds for a few days as a trial, and part of that is a diuretic, so I'm probably retaining Water. If that settles, I might actually lose a pound or two. I'm hanging in there!

Best to you all!

gracerev

OH MY GOD, this is the kinda stuff I want to read! That is the best news yet! Good job! You should be soooo proud!

Brenda :smile:

:thumbup:

Hi Everyone - Day 8 post op

welcome to the newly banded and the newly approved and for those of you a spit away from being banded - best wishes!

MissJoany - i love your kitten stories :smile:

I am finally sleeping in my bed again and getting restful sleep. The last two nights I have eaten a crusty baguette with butter - mmmmm, but only in my dreams. the funny thing is while I am chewing, I am telling myself to spit it out. So for now, I get to cheat with zero consequences. I hope to dream of Pasta this evening :scared2:. hee hee

The hardest part right now is getting down my Protein - I have yet to meet any protein that agrees with my taste buds. My taste has definitely changed. I ate some black bean Soup today - and about after 12 bites, I somehow knew it was enough. I am getting my Water in by sipping all day long. Tomorrow I hope to try a couple more Protein Shakes - we'll see. I did have a smoothie from smoothie king yesterday and it took me 3 hours to drink it and it was the tastiest thing I had consumed in days. My daughter and I went for a nice short, yet hilly walk and I made it - felt quite victorious. I am on the road to recovery and while I am hungry, I am not quite struggling. Those 4 days when I couldn't breathe really gifted me with the greatest reflection of my relationship with food. I don't want food to win!

Day 9 post op Glad to hear you are getting about. Ii'm having difficulty with the walking and need to go earlier in the day. Today was upper 90's and way too hot. I had a scare yesterday. For some reason I felt ravenous yesterday night (around 11:30pm) and lightheaded and dizzy. So I had some yogurt and a Protein Drink. Today I feel much better. I have been able to keep down pureed Soups, without straining them, but as you said, eating very slowy. I think I may have not been getting enough to eat. I wasn't told to count calories, only protein and carbs. But will count some today and see where I stand. I am so envious you can sleep in your bed. I can only manage about two hours still, then back to the recliner again. I had a dream of putting a Lean Cuisine Spaghetti tv dinner in the blender.:wub: I'm trying to figure out how to take a movie of the kitties snoring, if so will send it to ya. Thanks for your inspiration.

gracerev - yee haw- how wonderful for you.

Feeling much better. Spine with my fam and they were shocked I was crying and so upset. They thought I was doing okay emotionally cause I'm always the pillar of strength. Well they apologized and trie to cheer me up. I left work to come home and lie down and I feel a little better. The hunger is starting to kick in. Can't wait till next week to start. The mushies. If I don't see another choc Protein Shake or bowl of Jello would suit me fine. :-). also called nurse and was told to take the phenergan for nausea, rest and ye scan sleep on my sides but not belly cause port in belly button area

I'm glad someone else experienced the same issues I did. Anyone who called or came over during the first few days after surgery, and I started crying and apologizing. I had a huge hunger yesterday but I seem to be managing it today. I found the 20 Oz Isopure drinks- 42 G of protein- and I sip on those for several hours- and the pureed Soups are heaven. In the bed I can feel the port so can't quite get comfortable yet, but it is coming along. My 20 lb kitties want me to pick them up so bad, so that will be my strength training goal.

OH MY GOD, this is the kinda stuff I want to read! That is the best news yet! Good job! You should be soooo proud!

Brenda :thumbup:

You go girl, I will let you know if my BP goes down too on Thur. I am so happy things are starting to work out. We are all proud of you too.

Highlojack; I feel the same way, I'm trying to work on keeping my mind on other things so I will not be so nervous.

Wednesday I have to be on the liquid diet, I'm debating if I should work that day or, if I work I will not be thinking about the surgery, but with all that liquid I may be at the bath a lot. Your not a lone.:thumbup::scared2::smile::scared2::wub::scared2::scared2:

shellyh: Wishing you well :thumbup:

LisaA: Thanks for the infor about the samples, that's right on time

Who was brave not me! My friend who had the surgery in Feb and lost 63 lbs ( and now training for a 5K) kept asking me if I was excited, but I was scared. I had so much liquids in me, I had to pee about every 15 mins, so I took the day off before surgery, just to make sure I had everything I needed. But since I normally work nights, getting up at 0345 wasn't too bad, I was just nervous and talked like a magpie all the way to the hospital. I felt really bad for a few days, but am managing pretty good now. I only had one experience of super diarrhea, that if you were behind me I would have mowed ya down. But now I can tell if I gotta go, I think the pain meds binded me up. So I stopped taking the pain meds on post op day 5. Good luck to everyone and will talk on the other side.:thumbup:

:thumbup: I"M OFF TO THE HOSPITAL !! just got out of the shower and packed up my cpap.. all thats left is blow dry my hair and off we go.. ! I hope to see you all soon with details ! =) huggs and kisses till then ! HAVE A GREAT MONDAY!

xo

Thinking wonderful thoughts for you. A few people said they didn't have any pain, so maybe you will be one of the lucky ones. For some of us, it was a bear, truthfully. I had to use my CPAP because my oxygen level kept setting off bells and whistels. So I had to spend an extra day in the hospital, but I think that was a blessing as I did not know it was going to hurt that much. But here I am, feeling better. Can't wait to hear from ya. Back at ya, with huggs.

Oh Thanks Lisa for responding! No Sorry I'm not from Ca. I'm a Okie! and I'm going to Monterey, Mexico my Dr .is Arturo Rodriguez. I know one girl here in my small town who went to him. I'm a little worried because I havent found anyone else besides people I think work for him. Good luck I'll be watching for you!

I was just sitting her nervous as can be and trying to think of all the positive things people say. Well I have to find some humor so I will "loosen" up. I had a thought, "how nice it will be to not get a wedgie every day!!! lol, hey you gotta laugh!

Bredna

I was banded on Tuesday the 14th of September. I had to go back and be rebanded on Friday the 17th of September. My esophagus became irritated and was spasming. The pain was significant. Two days after the rebanding, I am running a low grade fever (100-101) and am taking it a lot easier than I thought I expected to be. My hope is undaunted and it's really easy to follow the post op diet because of the good, healthy fear I have of having to go back and be rebanded yet again. :thumbup: I'd love to hear and share stories with those of us who were banded on the same day!

9/14/2010 - 278 (two week pre op diet)

9/17/2010 - 285 (bloating from surgery gas weight, I think)

9/20/2010 - 278 (going down...yay!)

Happy Surgery date. Hope all goes well for you guys tomorrow: angellegna29, krieck, wishful-thinking, ledgins, HAD_ENOUGH, Melissa4773

thought i'd share this

Think of it another way -- the hypothalamus does not have eyes -- it doesn't know how much you ate, it doesn't know if there is a lot of food around and you are not eating it, or if there is a band on your stomach. The hypothalamus reacts very simply to the stimulation provided by the upper part of your stomach. Stretch that thermostat, it thinks you are eating a lot -- do that consistently over time, and it behaves as if you are eating a lot all the time and will allow your body to release fat stores and not cause your body to go into a metabolic slow-down. Conversely -- if you go on a diet, without the band --and that part of the stomach is not stretched, your hypothalamus thinks you are in a famine -- it doesn't know that there is a lot of food around you.

Very good information. I have wondered how we would lose weight be eating less when we have always in the past been told that if we cut our food intake too much, we would be doing more harm than good. Thanks for posting.

I'm a newbe and so excited to be here. You all are great and so helpful. I will be going to Mexico 9/27 having my surgery! Dr. Arturo Rodrguez is my Doctor has anyone else had surgery with him? Also anyone know where I can get fills in Tulsa Ok?

Welcome to the family. When do you leave for Mexico?

Banded September 7th... 20 lbs down, 80 to go! Good luck to everyone!

Excellent weight loss. Keep up the good work.

I am a newbie scheduled for September 29th!

Congratulations and welcome to the family.

The shoulder pain is excruciating. It flairs during the day, but at night--like now--i am in so much pain. I have barely slept. Sitting up, lying down. Doesn't matter. I keep the heating pad on it, but it just isn't getting any better. I feel like a baby, but I am in tears all night every night. Everyone says it is normal, but I can't take much more of this.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with the gas pain.

MINES IS ONTHE28TH...OMG WAY TOO nervous

Welcome to September Bandsters.

Banded 9/14/2010. Still adjusting but getting better everyday. I found this site on Friday and thanks to everyone here it has answered so many of questions and made me feel so much better that I am not alone in this journey.

Glad you found us. Looking forward to hearing your story.

I have been declared "cured" of my hypertension. She took me OFF of my blood pressure medicine completely!!!! :thumbup:

gracerev

Way to go.

I had my surgery the day after my birthday, so I was on Clear Liquids.

I had my surgery 2 days before my birthday. The office gave me a card which said, sorry no money this year for cake and ice cream. Maybe next year. I had to laugh at that.

Mine is set for September 23, 2010. I am so excited!!

Congratulations on your surgery date.

It's official!!!! I'm a September 2010 Bandster!!! Got my date for the 27th... Woot Woot!!!! :smile:

Hi Maria,

Congratulations on getting your surgery date and welcome to the family.

Now that most have had their surgery, lets do a poll on incisions and port location.

I had 5 incisions and my port is just under my left breast bone.

Took about a week before I could sleep on my tummy and was one of the lucky ones it appears as that I had absolutely no gas pains.

Took 1 week off of work but could have gone back the last 2 days of my week off.

My Stats:

Weighed 224 when received approval (8/2/10)

Weighed 212 day of surgery (8/27/10)

Weighed 199 today. Broke the 200 lb barrier this morning. It's been at least 8 years when I was below 200.

Cathy

I was just sitting here nervous as can be and trying to think of all the positive things people say. Well I have to find some humor so I will "loosen" up. I had a thought, "how nice it will be to not get a wedgie every day!!! lol, hey you gotta laugh!

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

You made me laugh.:thumbup::laugh:

One of these day's we'll be wearing those cute boyshorts. I think they are the cutest little things and look so comfortable.

Hi Brenda,

You made me laugh.:thumbup::laugh:

One of these day's we'll be wearing those cute boyshorts. I think they are the cutest little things and look so comfortable.

Oh thank god, I wasn't sure if I would offend anyone, but heck, we talk about bowel movements and emotional pain, I figured a little wedgie couldn't hurt! I haven't been myself on this site, I've been being very serious, but I usually always make people laugh and I think if nothing else that's how I plan to help! So go ahead, "pick that wedge"!

Highlow,

I just find it so strange that I have been picking wedgies outta my butt my entire life and now everyone wears thongs. Sorry, too old and butt ugly (no pun intended) to wear a thong. Defeats the whole non-wedgie purpose!