Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My band has slipped. :(

Hey" jon Im so sorry to hear about your trouble! I hope your insurence will cover it!

this really blow's Can the Doctor be held accountable?

Good luck! I' give you alot of praise for all your effort's this far.JOHNQ

I am so sorry to hear about your slippage....I will pray that within the next 7 days it corrects itself.....stay strong.....

You poor guy...and I thought I was having it tough just trying to schedule surgery. I do know that I found out today that if Medicare starts accepting Lap Banding on Jan 1 I can't have it done, because they say Medicare and BC/BS do not pay enough. They claim they only get $1000 from BC/BS and won't get anymore from Medicare. I can't even go self-pay and forget about the Medicare. OK, all my crapping and carping and I'm about ready to chuck the US and get on a plane for Mexico and keep my fingers cross. It seems people who get the band here in the US are having troubles with things happening also.

I've been in contact with Kathy who is Dr. Rumbolt's associate here in the states and darned if she doesn't live right here in Boise. I talked to her for over an hour, and I felt far more reassured. I think me the person that would never go to Mexico is finally so fed up with the US and their stinking insurance crap that I'm taking my chances in Mexico. It isn't what I wanted, but like I said I hear lots of complaints from people who have had the band in the US, so there is nothing guaranteed anywhere. Mexico seems like a lot less hassle right now to me. (I never thought I would hear myself say that). I've checked with Portland, Seattle, and Salt Lake and get the same story everywhere. If Medicare doesn't cover the band on the 1st of Jan. I can have the surgery and self-pay. If it does cover it I can't get it because Medicare doesn't pay what they want. I'm ready to tell these dr's. here just where they can put it where the sun don't shine.

Kathy tells me there are lots of dr's. here that do fills, and I don't mind driving to Salt Lake or flying there for a fill.

Fed up just like you are fellow. It's a horrible mess. Why aren't these dr's. responsible for fixing things, especially if they put in too small of a band. It wasn't your fault. They should pay for fixing it. Raise a lot of hell....call a lawyer...scare them. I think you have a great case.

Jonathan - I am very sorry to hear about the slip. In that back of my mind that has always been my biggest fear. At my appointment today my Dr. kept talking about erosion and slippage. Since there are no specific signs everyone has to be aware of small changes that happen and act upon it. You did the right thing in going in for a fill under fluro. Now you have to pray for the best. Thanks for sharing the good times as well as the bad times that you have gone thru. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm very sorry to hear of this, Jonathon. Especially after reading your post last week about coming home and getting back on track. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

Hey Brother, I sure hate to hear this - but heck, at least you know why you havent lost more weight!

Surgery will be $4500 + doctor's fees. A new band will be $4000 on top of that. I can't afford this. I couldn't afford the $16,000 I paid for surgery the first time. I can't believe it's 10 months later, I've only lost 40 lbs, and I have to go through this all again, at this cost.

I can see why so many others steer towards the GB - this band is VERY costly to maintain!

Just wondering, are you gonna go for a second one? Or possible try a "plan #2" WLS?

Jonathan, I'm so sad for you. I know all the "sorrys" don't fix your band, but hopefully it will help to know so many people care.

I wish you the best and I too am bummed by this major setback you're suffering.

I am so sorry to hear about your band slipping. My port flipped and that pretty much FLIPPED me out! And my Ins covered it...To be positive, try to rememeber its nothing YOU did,it was the doctor fault & that darn band too. You are doing wonderful,its just the band thats not following suit. Losing 40 lbs with pretty much no restriction (im sure similar to not even having the band) is an awesome achievement. Try to be positive-I know its easier said then done-but you deserve a round of applause from everyone! *clapping very very loudly* LOL. Youve done what so many people cant do-lose 40 lbs pretty much on your own!I hope the liquids do the trick *crossing fingers* I`ll keep you in my prayers especially over the holiday-i know this can be an especially trying time for us with the restiction,nevermind no restriction & having to be on liquids=( I have faith in you though.You will do fine,you will conquer this obstacle! I know it!

Jonathon~ Hang in there and I will pray things get better for your band and your financial situation. I hope just knowing we are here with lots of suport makes you feel better. Cyber (((HUGS))))

Guest myband

I am amazed they put a small band on in the first place. Surely they have to fix it with the VG when they made the mistake.

Insurance and Dr's work differently in Australia. The Dr would fix it, if it was his mistake in fitting the wrong size in the first place.

How dissappointing for you. Hope all works out.

Regards MYband

Ah Crap! I'll say a prayer for you right now! I hope that everything will work out for the best for you, and that you'll be on the mend very soon.

All My Best, ~Kel

(((Jonathon)))

Hang in there - as hard as being on liquids for 7 days over Thanksgiving, the band teaches us that deprivation is NEVER for EVER, like it seems. There will be other Thanksgivings, and other times to indulge.

I know it will be hard, but crossing my fingers for you that the slip corrects itself in spite of the odds.

xxoo

It just gets worse. My doctor won't do anything for me, unless I want to pay cash. He's accepting no responsibility at all, and, in fact, won't even talk to me. He told the office staff to tell me to make an appointment if I want to talk. He wants me to drive 5 hours round trip instead of just picking up the phone.

I've called 5 doctors in the Dallas area. NONE of them take BC/BS, except for the one that does but won't take new BC/BS patients, but I'm on the phone with them now, re-explaining my situation, hoping that it will do some good.

I called a doctor in Texarkana that does accept new BC/BS patients, but he won't touch a patient that has already had surgery from another doctor.

What's happened to medical care today? Have insurance companies and lawyers screwed doctors SO much that they're afraid to help someone?