Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you feel about tree huggers?

Speaking of animals I was picking my kids up from my in-laws a little while ago and on the way home I saw a squirrel run in front of the vehicle in front of me. The road is not heavily traveled, I thought about how bad the timing was for that squirrel.

Then I hit a bird that flew in front of my vehicle on the same road a few miles later, I wondered what 2was going on.

Cleosmom

If you love animals like you say you do, there are kittens on route 30 westbound right before Cedar street exit living on the hillside along the highway. I came down Sunday afternoon and saw a very tiny kitten about to step onto the highway so I pulled off to the side and lets just say my 3 year old cat hasnt been too happy since Sunday. I took the kitten(3-4 weeks old) to petsmart to get some advice on a kitten still nursing and now shes quarantined in my bathroom until shes old enough to get tested for Aids/Leukemia. The lady at petsmart told me there are most definitely a few more there and I heard other meows. But "my" new kitten is healthy and drinking mothers milk from a bowl so I dont have to bottle feed her anymore.

Just for the record, I have no clue what the hell Patty is even talking about but yah, It didnt take long.

My next thread will be revolved around something you(Patty) couldnt possibly bring religion into, actually thats impossible!

I was explaining how man is made in God's image and animals are for man's enjoyment and service. When people put animlas on a higher pedestal than humans, and they do sometimes, it is crazy. Sometimes environmentalsits go to the extreems. A man can't mow his own back yard, cause he might destroy some crazy insect that was found there. Those kind of extreems.

Also, any thread you bring about will be subject to my speaking of the wonders of God. I can NOT stop talking about God. He is in every subject.

FYI: I hate religion. I prefer a relationship with God, not organized religions.

Cleosmom

If you love animals like you say you do, there are kittens on route 30 westbound right before Cedar street exit living on the hillside along the highway. I came down Sunday afternoon and saw a very tiny kitten about to step onto the highway so I pulled off to the side and lets just say my 3 year old cat hasnt been too happy since Sunday. I took the kitten(3-4 weeks old) to petsmart to get some advice on a kitten still nursing and now shes quarantined in my bathroom until shes old enough to get tested for Aids/Leukemia. The lady at petsmart told me there are most definitely a few more there and I heard other meows. But "my" new kitten is healthy and drinking mothers milk from a bowl so I dont have to bottle feed her anymore.

OOOOh I love kittens. Do you have children that you can share this experience with? Just curious. My grandson (5) loves our cat, and my son just brought a kitten home, all white, 2 weeks ago.

I was explaining how man is made in God's image and animals are for man's enjoyment and service. When people put animlas on a higher pedestal than humans, and they do sometimes, it is crazy. Sometimes environmentalsits go to the extreems. A man can't mow his own back yard, cause he might destroy some crazy insect that was found there. Those kind of extreems.

Also, any thread you bring about will be subject to my speaking of the wonders of God. I can NOT stop talking about God. He is in every subject.

FYI: I hate religion. I prefer a relationship with God, not organized religions.

Im just kidding, it would actually be weird if you didnt "push" religion now, I mean your relationship with god.

When my wife was pregnant with my first kid I told my dog at the time I wouldnt forget about her(Very cute Shar-pei, I say that in the most masculine way,lol). I knew I would love my kids as much as my dog. Well now I feel stupid because before having kids I had no Idea what it was like as a parent to love a child, well it aint even close, I love animals(not in a nut-job way)but there is no way it compares to my children or even any other human being for that matter. If theres ever another Noahs Ark and Im Noah, Im saving as many humans as I can, then the animals!

OOOOh I love kittens. Do you have children that you can share this experience with? Just curious. My grandson (5) loves our cat, and my son just brought a kitten home, all white, 2 weeks ago.

I have 2 boys, 7-5. The poor cat has had to endure alot here in the last 3 days but I guess it could have been alot worse off! And I got my 3 year old cat the same way, actually he was a small kitten, 6 weeks, living in the hedges between mine and my neighbors yard. But that cat survived and is the best cat

I ever had, he actually plays with my kids, every cat I had before stayed to themselves until it was time for food or water!

The lady at petsmart told me to call the animal rescue league about the other kittens. They(ARL) asked me what I expected them to do about it, I said I guess leave them there to die and hung up!

Just for the record, I have no clue what the hell Patty is even talking about but yah, It didnt take long.

My next thread will be revolved around something you(Patty) couldnt possibly bring religion into, actually thats impossible!

Not possible.

Also, when it comes to animal rights and people rights (or their care) I don't believe it has to be an either/or situation. There is room for both. I support the ASPCA, the local food bank, a homeless shelter and a child through Save the Children.

Cleosmom

I have a cat, my son has a cat, my daughter has 3 cats and a dog - all rescues. We are all big animal lovers. My daughter just had her first child, my first grandchild. And I kept telling her how she would love him more than her pets. That her love for her pets would pale in comparison. She didn't think it was possible until she had him and now admits I was right.

Now, about the kittens - there is a lady with a group that does rescues. I will PM you with the info. Good for you that you helped with that kitten.

I have two cats, one a rescue and three dogs, all three rescues. I'm against puppy mills. One of my "pet" peaves!

I think so many bad things happen to animals and children because they cannot defend themselves against mean abusive people. It makes me mad.

Is tree hugging a new sexual position?

Is tree hugging a new sexual position?

It can be if you drill the holes just right.

The animals over people debate. This could get heated. Generally animals are kind, trusting and only turn nasty when abused,hungry etc.

As far as I know there are no animals with paedophiliac tendencies nor do they torture and kill other animals for sexual gratification.

I do not believe that animals were put on earth to be used by humans. I believe that they should be treated fairly and that even farm animals destined for the pot should have a good life.

If it came down to choosing between people and animals it would depend on the person.

If they were decent people then I would probably have to choose the person over the animal although it would kill me to do so - I would rather save both.

But if were talking a Jeffrey dahmer, Martin bryant,Derrick bird, Fred West then the animal would win every time.

It can be if you drill the holes just right.

Love it!!!!!!!!!