Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't have a card (but am going to try and get one) but have never had a problem ordering off the kids menu. If they look at me funny, I simply state I've had a surgery that doesn't allow me to eat a whole lot, and they never have a problem. I've never tried a buffet, though.

I do have a card, but I have yet to use it. As one of the prior post sugested I order an appitizer or a regular meal and take home the leftovers. I really like buffets better now that I'm banded because I can get a bite of this and a bite of that instead of just 1/2 cup of the samething. I don't mind paying full price but I stick to the cheaper buffets like Golden coral and things like that. I don't think I would want to pay $25.00 or more for one. That would just be a waste.

I called this morning and got mine ordered. You need to know what model you have - AP standard and how many cc's it is. I did have to call the drs office to find out the info but they were very willing to help me out.

Ok i got mine the day of my surgery when they sent me home and i lost it. How can i get another one and what do you use it for?

My surgeon did not give me the Allergan card, but at my last appointment gave me two cards of their own, one for eating out and asking the restaurant to let me order off the kids menu and the other was for going thru security check points at airports and the like, they said that the port will sometimes go off in the metal dedectors especially if they use a wand. lol thats going to be a trip to set off the metal dedector! haha

I have a Realize band and my surgeon's office made their own card. Attached is a pic of the front and back. I haven't tried using it yet, but I will. And if they say no? Oh well, it was worth a try.

post-275497-13813139354778_thumb.jpg

post-275497-13813139355007_thumb.jpg

The lapband lady that I just spoke to at 1-800 Lap Band was a bit ignorant but she ordered me one anyways (even though I told her I have a Realize band) but whatever works to get me a smaller, cheaper portion. I am barely able to get more than a half cup in at a time with 9cc in my 11cc band.

I went to Golden Corral one time after surgery and just told the girl at the register and she charged me the kids price and I still could get what I wanted. She trusted me.

I received my card about 2 weeks after surgery. I used it for the first time this weekend. I usually order an appetizer or lunch portion but I went to a Habachi grill. I don't eat rice and there was no way I was gonna pay 20 bucks for a few ounces of chicken and vegetables. I went to the hostess stand and asked for a manager, showed the card (she didn't know what it was) and she complied with my request. She told the habachi chef in secret so noone at my table knew about the "special order" besides me. I don't even consider buffets.