Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 10-14 Banders--How's it going? Share.

I was banded on Wednesday the 12th. I had no hunger on Wednesday or Thursday but today I feel hunger pains. I just drank a few ounces of Protein drink and my stomach is bubbling. I will try again in a bit. I plan on having thin Soup for lunch. I had to have Clear liquids for two days then full liquids including yogurt for two days then applesauce/pudding and bananas for 2 days. By Wednesday I can have mashed potatoes/well cooked veggies/vegetable Soup and Beans. Every two days I can more things.

My throat is still sore from being intubated. I had a lot of sinus drainage yesterday and it felt like I had indegestion. It felt like something was sitting on my chest. I coughed and some of the drainage broke loose. I was afraid to cough because well it hurts and I didn't want to shift the band.

I'm not taking the prescription pain meds at all. Just adult liquid tylenol if I need it which is about once a day. So far so good..

I was banded on Monday the 10th. I didn't have any hunger pain until today. I was on Clear Liquids only for the first 2 days and started taking Protein powder mixed in Water on day 3. Every since I started the Protein Powder I've had diarrhea. Every time after I drink something my tummy bubbles. I know I'm dehydrated so I keep sipping on Water if though my tummy bubbles. I'm not allowed to start full liquids till week 3.

I had to call my doc on Wednesday because the gas pains were so painful. My doc recommended Gas X strips extra strength and those helped a lot!

My throat is still sore and I've been doing warm salt water gargles to sooth my throat. I'm still coughing up phlegm but I'm scared I may cough too hard and mess up my pouch. Splinting my belly with a pillow has helped.

I've been walking since the first day...twice a day. Even though I feel like crap, I've been walking. Walking makes me feel better and helps to pass the air from my chest and shoulders.

On surgery day I weighed in at 254 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 248 pounds. I'm losing weight but I'll be glad when I don't feel so crappy.

I was banded on Monday the 10th. I didn't have any hunger pain until today. I was on clear liquids only for the first 2 days and started taking Protein powder mixed in Water on day 3. Every since I started the Protein Powder I've had diarrhea. Every time after I drink something my tummy bubbles. I know I'm dehydrated so I keep sipping on Water if though my tummy bubbles. I'm not allowed to start full liquids till week 3.

I had to call my doc on Wednesday because the gas pains were so painful. My doc recommended Gas X strips extra strength and those helped a lot!

My throat is still sore and I've been doing warm salt water gargles to sooth my throat. I'm still coughing up phlegm but I'm scared I may cough too hard and mess up my pouch. Splinting my belly with a pillow has helped.

I've been walking since the first day...twice a day. Even though I feel like crap, I've been walking. Walking makes me feel better and helps to pass the air from my chest and shoulders.

On surgery day I weighed in at 254 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 248 pounds. I'm losing weight but I'll be glad when I don't feel so crappy.

I actually gained a few pounds on surgery day. I think it was the swelling in my legs. I too have had the phlegm coming up. It feels like it is sitting on my chest like it won't slide through so I end up coughing it up. I hate to cough I am afraid it will cause the band to slip. I just had some chicken broth. 5 Soup spoons is all I could take and I felt stuffed.

Try a heating pad for you back and shoulder. I did and I have felt great. I haven't gotten diarhea but I feel like I have to go and its just gas. I am sipping Vitamin Water Zero. I know I am getting dehydrated so I am trying to get it down but sometimes the water just sits there. Everytime I take a drink I burp too but I keep doing it. It seems like we are having some of the same issues. Every doc must be different because some didn't have a pre-op diet and others have a real strict after surgery diet. Please keep in touch. I would like to know how you are doing.

My surgery was Tuesday (5/11). The doctor told all of us, nothing but clear liquids (Water, broth, Jell-O, and 3 Profect per day) the first two weeks. Then after that, we can drink 2 shakes and one meal consisting of a 1/4 cup.

It seems strict but honestly, right now I could not eat anymore than I am. The Profect is ghastly so I pour it into 16 oz of Water which makes it go down much easier. Funny, but the jell-o seems to stay with me and I'm not hungry at all. Maybe it's the healing process and next week I'll have a voracious appetite. All in all I cannot complain. So far, none of the post-op symptoms have affected me (pain, gas, nausea, etc.).

I was banded yesterday. The port area is swollen and I am sore. I have only been drinking Water. I will try some broth in a little bit. Tomorrow I start full liquids. At this point I am not hungry. I only have a shoulder pain every now and then.

I was monday the 10th, doing well, no meds since surgery day. Just haven't needed them. Still on only clear liquids, my doctor does 21 day liquid diet.

Just trying to take care of my little one without him kicking my belly! So happy I have dad's help the next 2 days!! :w00t:

No walking yet, but I am on my feet almost all day and up and down the stairs at least 10-15 times a day chasing a 12 month old.

I am not physically hungry, but very bored with my food options. Going to go get some popcicles this evening.

Haven't got on the scale but I can tell I am still pretty bloated and haven't had a BM. I will wait until I feel thinner before I get on :laugh: Should I be worried about the BM?

I was banded on Tuesday the 11th. I'm now going on 48 hours without pain meds. Today is the first day that the neck and shoulder pain are not an issue. THAT nearly killed me yesterday and day before, but walking helped it out. My dr had me on fluids Tuesday and Wednesday and let me try soft foods yesterday. I think I overdid it....Eggs went well, as did a very small amount of chicken salad, but chipped up chicken in broth apparently irritated the pouch and caused some swelling. I've felt pretty rough all day today. I went back to fluids only today. Even protien shakes are having a hard time passing through. No real hunger so far though. Can't complain a bit. I'm just still trying to learn what my gut is telling me, literally.

I just had some cream of broccoli Soup, strained of course. think I overdid it because I am miserable. I feel so bloated right now. I had maybe 1/2 cup if that.

I'm so jealous of those of you that are already at the pureed or soft foods stage! I had my surgery yesterday and everything went great, I was in very little pain and didn't need meds. I felt alert and fine and can move around and walk just fine but the hunger set in this afternoon and just won't seem to go away. I had a Protein Shake earlier today and just had a popsicle followed by Jello but I'm still hungry. My doc recommends a week on clear liquids, although I see him in 5 days and he says he'll probably let me move on to the next stage. I just don't know how I'm going to get through the next couple days if I'm this hungry.

Edited by Sunshine79
typo

I don't follow up with my surgeon for a month.

I just had some cream of broccoli Soup, strained of course. think I overdid it because I am miserable. I feel so bloated right now. I had maybe 1/2 cup if that.

I was banded on May 5th... My dr suggests eating 1/4 cup every 3 hrs... EAT! Do not let yourself get hungry because you will eat more and throw up or feel miserable for about an hr. I'm in a soft food diet and i seem to be doing well with tuna salad. No hunger pains! I've lost 16lbs since my surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. Good luck! :w00t:

I was banded on May 5th... My dr suggests eating 1/4 cup every 3 hrs... EAT! Do not let yourself get hungry because you will eat more and throw up or feel miserable for about an hr. I'm in a soft food diet and i seem to be doing well with tuna salad. No hunger pains! I've lost 16lbs since my surgery and I'm feeling pretty good. Good luck! :w00t:

You are right, I need to measure better. I start applesause, pudding, bananas on Sunday.

Had my surgery on the 12th and am home and not so miserable today. This morning I did have vomiting twice - so painful. Nothing came out because nothing was in. I managed to keep Water down for the rest of the day and a few sips of gatorade. I had a hernia that needed to be repaired too. Anyway, I am feeling like I'm going in the right direction on the pain scale. Still have a sore throat, but it is getting less and less. I have been sleeping a lot so hoping that I am up and walking more tomorrow. It was definitely not a breeze, but much easier than being huge the rest of my life. Hope everyone else is doing well. :w00t:

I had surgery Thursday evening and came home yesterday. I am a bit sore (but don't want to take the med.) Trying to get my liquids in. Sydney

I was told 3-5 days before I had a BM and since you are on strictly liquids you may not for a while.

I was monday the 10th, doing well, no meds since surgery day. Just haven't needed them. Still on only Clear Liquids, my doctor does 21 day liquid diet.

Just trying to take care of my little one without him kicking my belly! So happy I have dad's help the next 2 days!! :redface:

No walking yet, but I am on my feet almost all day and up and down the stairs at least 10-15 times a day chasing a 12 month old.

I am not physically hungry, but very bored with my food options. Going to go get some popcicles this evening.

Haven't got on the scale but I can tell I am still pretty bloated and haven't had a BM. I will wait until I feel thinner before I get on :smile2: Should I be worried about the BM?