Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Students sent home from school for wearing American flag t-shirts on May 5

Those who support Rand Paul and what he represents are going to have a harder and harder time coming up with reasons they do so as time goes on:

SCANDAL! Rand Paul MUST return Neo-Nazi funds NOW and DENOUNCE Stormfront.org

Mon May 24, 2010 at 11:01:59 AM PDT

This must be seen across America.

Stormfront.org, which was founded to support David Duke for senate by another KKK Grand Dragon, Don Black, has been promoting and contributing to Rand Paul's moneybombs. Palling around with WhiteSupremacists much?

387577927.jpg

That's a tweet from Don Black, head of the white supremacist group Stormfront. Wow.

~snip~

So, Trey Grayson should reject donations from Republicans who voted for the bailout........but it's okay for Rand Paul to accept donations from Stormfront?

I will state this loudly and clearly. Over and over at the top of my Jewish lungs.

Rand Paul MUST return Neo-Nazi funds NOW and DENOUNCE Stormfront.org

But he can't.

More below the fold

• Democrats MUST turn 2010 into a referendum on Rand Paul.

So, let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

At a teabagger forum in March, Rand Paul was asked about claims that Nazis were supporting his candidacy.

Rather than explain that, no, Nazis are racist skinheads, what’s he do? He says it’s a ridiculous assertion because Nazism was "big government." He went on to say, "there’s nothing about Nazism that would even appeal remotely to people who like what I stand for because I’m for limited constitutional government."

Except Nazis ARE supporting, promoting and funding your Senate campaign, Rand! Would you like to comment?

Yeah, just brilliant, Rand! Nazis support the extermination of the Jewish race, the most insidious sort of racism possible and everything that America has fought tooth and nail against since FDR's day, but that isn't as important to Rand Paul as the fact that Nazis, in his worldview, represent "Big Government"! I am sure my Polish Jewish ancestors in the 30's were more afraid of Big Government than they were of the gas chambers!

Anyone picking up a pattern here?

Strike #1. Rand Paul's campaign spokesperson Chris Hightower was fired for posting "Happy Nigger day" with Lynching pics at Facebook along with posts describing how he liked to go to the local mall in KKK garb.

Strike #2. On The Rachel Maddow's Show and NPR Rand Paul, repeatedly, objects to Title II of the Civil Rights Act, stating that Businesses should be able to discriminate based on race. Upon learning of the controversy he had stirred by airing his pro discrimination views, he backtracks and goes into hiding/damage control.

And now Strike #3. Rand Paul has received funds and promotion from white supremacists, Neo-Nazi's and KKK leadership via Stormfront.org

And Mitch McConnell just embraced Rand Paul/Stormfront! Classic!

dailykos diary

His views are not what this country stands for. He is out of touch with mainstream america and must not be elected. I have volunteered to work for his democratic opponent, Jack Conway.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Simply because Rand Paul is not a liberal all the conservatives here will support him. It doesn't really matter who he is or what he stands for. They'd vote for a chicken pot pie for office so long as it wasn't liberal.

Simply because Rand Paul is not a liberal all the conservatives here will support him. It doesn't really matter who he is or what he stands for. They'd vote for a chicken pot pie for office so long as it wasn't liberal.

A chicken pot pie would be preferable and we all know where we can get the chickens to make it - Sue Lowden :tongue2:

Yeah and we're not allowed to wear our chicken suits to her events anymore either! Geez, no chicken suits, no American flag shirts. What's this world coming to! :tongue2:

Are the Men's Room and powder room threads sexist?

Is the gay/lesbian thread anti heterosexual?

what do these threads have to do with racism?

oh, you mean like the dems are doing with Blumenthal and his "mis-speaking" (LIE)

Even though that guy claimed to be in the service for our country (lie) the liberals are still defending him.

While I believe that people should be allowed to 'think' what they want about others, I don't agree with Paul's stand on not serving a person in their restaurant because of his skin color. This is wrong. I do not want the government to say that he can't feel the way he does, or even speak his mind, but to act upon his motives would be discrimination, and wrong. So, I don't know what Paul's real stand is on the issue, but I am not for turning back the clock on segregation or racism in any way.

Good try (again) but wrong (again). Every station other than the BET is a WET.

Not true. Every station except BET includes people of ALL races, not just white people. There is a fair and balanced mix of races on all television today. There happen to be more white people in America and that is just the way it is. Our TV channels reflect that truth. All channnels broadcast a vast array of nationalities and colors in their programs. BET is a channel especially for black people and mostly always cast black people. They discriminate in reverse, and you feel it's just fine for them to do so.

oh, you mean like the dems are doing with Blumenthal and his "mis-speaking" (LIE)

Even though that guy claimed to be in the service for our country (lie) the liberals are still defending him.

---------------------------------------------------------

No, I think he's a skunk for trying to ride the coat tails of the brave folks that actually fought in Viet Nam. It was wrong and I don't approve.

While I believe that people should be allowed to 'think' what they want about others, I don't agree with Paul's stand on not serving a person in their restaurant because of his skin color. This is wrong.

------------------------------------------------------

Right on PattyGreen for clarifying your position of not supporting racism!

I don't want the government to tell me how to feel or not let me speak my mind either. However, Paul really believes that privately owned business should be able to discriminate. I'm not just merely interpreting his words, but it's a very standard Libertarian point of view. It's not really because he's racist in his heart (I give him the benefit of the doubt on that point), it's because Libertarians don't believe the government should interfere with private property and free trade.

That argument has it's merits, but it shouldn't be used to support institutional racism. His Libertarian belief was also the basis of him criticizing Obama's admonitions to BP as being un-American. It all has to to with free trade.

Edited by leroyspuds

what do these threads have to do with racism?

Because discrimination based on gender is also a protected class in the civil rights bill.

So if the women of color thread was racist then that makes the men's room and powder room sexist - which is discrimination based on gender.

I do not believe that what he did was right. He has an impressive resume and certainly didn't need to lie to embelish it. I was hoping he would step down from his candidacy but he didn't. That being said, that doesn't mean I wouldn't support his political philosophy and agenda and how he would vote once elected. He would probably vote the way I would.

What bothers me more is the philosophy of someone like Rand Paul. Very scary in my opinion. And bad for america, but hey, the tea party and Sarah Palin love him.

Keep trusting our mainstream media. What they are doing is clear evidence that they FEAR the TEA Party/Libertarian movement - lest they loose their grip on our government. They cannot conceive power returning to The People's hands. As evidence by the fake transcripts produced by MSNBC and spread around the remainder of the MSM.

Here's republican candidate Vaughn Ward stealing Pres. Obama's speeches:

Oh, and by the way, another republican support by palin. Boy, can she pick them.

Edited by Cleo's Mom