Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Students sent home from school for wearing American flag t-shirts on May 5

Ok, there are alot more Christians than Jews in this country but tjhe majority of people on tv seem to be jewish.

Dont ask for proof, I really dont feel like looking anything up right now, just take my word for it!

pattygreen in green.

Cleo's Mom in black, red and blue

Of course I am not the least bit surprised that you would agree with this,

And I am not the least bit surprised that you would feel that it's okay, if you're a minority, to practice discrimination in reverse.

Huh? I never said I supported discrimination in reverse. I don't know where you get that from.

I get it from you opposition to my former post on BET channels and a black democrat organization in my town

For those who have been historically discriminated in this country and excluded from white organizations -I have no problem with them forming one of their own.

So what if they have a black democratic organization? I belong to a women's political organization. We work to promote democratic women. We invite men to our politcal events, too. Try as you might to deflect from the bigger issue here, these things are not reverse discrimination. It's groups centered around those who have historically had a difficult time being promoted.

A black owned business that excluded whites is just as wrong as a white business that excluded blacks. I support neither. You support both.

I believe you are confusing me with someone else. I do NOT support both at all.

You said you supported Rand Paul's position and this is his position.

since you support the extremist positions on the right. Did the Women of Color forum exclude white women? Men of color? Was it called Women of Color ONLY as your white forum would have been called? Or was it a forum for women who shared some commonality, like the lesbian forum, the powder room, the men's room, etc..? And all the other forums that narrow down one's interests?

Who has an interest or something in common with other people simply because of their skin color? How would a white women's thread be received, simply because I have something in common with you because both our skins are white?

I am sure women of color can share experiences of discrimination, or problems finding make-up in the right shades, or how men of color view weight issues with them differently than white men do with white women, or where to find hairdressers who can address their hair care, etc...

And these issues can't be discussed on any number of threads that are not called "women of Color" ?

Like I asked before, How would they feel if there was a 'white woman's" thread"?

No, these issues could NOT be discussed on another thread because they would be issues shared by the experiences of their color. We have many forums on lapband that show that we narrow down our common thread. Pregnancy thread, men's forum, gay and lesbian forum. These issues are common to them and not likely to be addressed by those who don't share them.

There is no need for a White Entertainment television since most of television is white. Name me one prime time network show that features blacks.

There are plenty of TV shows featuring black people, so that arguement is done. There are more whites than blacks in this country, so naturally, there will be more of them on TV than the other.

Outside of BET, please name any show whose main stars are black.

Good times, the fresh prince of Belair,Sanford and Son, In living Color,The cosby show, girlfriends,The Jeffersons, Everybody hates Chris,The Boondocks, Living Single, What's happening, TRhat's myt Mama,Roc, South Central, Under one roof,The Monique Show,The Wanda sykes show,The Brian McKnight show, Fox's Bernie Mac, NYPD blue. Also, there are plenty of shows on TV that appropriately show a fair ratio of black, white and hispanic people together.

Most of these shows are off the air and are in syndication and reruns. Also, not one is on any of the three major networks.

You have to take a look at this historically. Historically, white people were not discriminated against. Ground zero for them was that all jobs, opportunities, etc.. belonged to white men. Then begrudgingly white women. For the most part people of color were to be relegated to those jobs servicing white people - maids, janitors, etc.. Then after civil rights was passed and blacks had the opportunity to get better jobs and improve their standing it was natural for them to want to organize around their new found status. So what that they have a BET? There's a Lifetime station for women and I don't hear the men complaining.

That's because being male or female is not discriminatroy.

Again, huh? Gender is a protected category in the civil rights bill.

Maybe that's because there are a zillion sports channels.

I never said I supported his position.

No, these issues could NOT be discussed on another thread because they would be issues shared by the experiences of their color. We have many forums on LAP-BAND® that show that we narrow down our common thread. Pregnancy thread, men's forum, gay and lesbian forum. These issues are common to them and not likely to be addressed by those who don't share them.

I looked through many of the posts on that thread, and noone was talking about hair products, discrimination or makeup shades.

You'll notice, though, that it's not a thread on LBT anymore.

Most of these shows are off the air and are in syndication and reruns. Also, not one is on any of the three major networks.

So what. There are plenty of different nationalties of people, black, white, asians, hispanic, all over the TV and in every TV show.

His view of it, according to the video, was that yeah, if you want to discriminate that should be your right. He also said that racism, is wrong, that he's not racist, and doesn't really like people that are. But if a private business which gets no public funding, chooses to be racist, that should be their right. It's not against the law to be racist. And any business that used those practices, would just self destruct, especially this day in age. You'd loose the money of whomever your not allowing in, plus the rest of the people would probably stop coming to your establishment based on principal. So let them be racist and fail. All of this goes out the window at any publicly funded place. But I have to say I agree, call me racist if you want, I'm not, I know I'm not, I also know it's not against the law to be racist, so if someone chooses to be a racist, it's their choice, while I don't agree with it, and I feel there is no place for racism in our world, it's just something you can't stop, racism both ways mind you. Should it be mandated that the black students association have white people in it? How about black unions? I'm a firefighter, part of IAFF and CSFA, my shift partner is also part of IAFF and CSFA but he's also part of a union I can't join the BFA(black firefighters association). Should that be mandated to allow me and other white fire fighters to join it? What about black colleges, there isn't a college in the US that has the overwhelming majority of students one race like those colleges do, it's not allowed, except at black colleges.

pattygreen: I agree with this.

I never said I supported his position.

This is where you said you supported it. "I agree with this"

No, these issues could NOT be discussed on another thread because they would be issues shared by the experiences of their color. We have many forums on LAP-BAND®® that show that we narrow down our common thread. Pregnancy thread, men's forum, gay and lesbian forum. These issues are common to them and not likely to be addressed by those who don't share them.

I looked through many of the posts on that thread, and noone was talking about hair products, discrimination or makeup shades.

You'll notice, though, that it's not a thread on LBT anymore.

Why, did you get them closed down, too?

So what. There are plenty of different nationalties of people, black, white, asians, hispanic, all over the TV and in every TV show.

Since whites have historically predominated television since it's inception, I have no problem with blacks having a BET. You do. I don't feel a need to remove them nor do I find them discriminatory. If they want to produce tv that features black people, let them. It's a free market and if it is in demand it will succeed, if not, it will fail.

Should that be mandated to allow me and other white fire fighters to join it? What about black colleges, there isn't a college in the US that has the overwhelming majority of students one race like those colleges do, it's not allowed, except at black colleges.(end quote)

This is what I agreed with. But after reading it again, I will voice my opinion on it. I feel that people can't and shouldn't be allowed to tell others how they should feel. If there is someone out there who doesn't want an italian, redsox fan, fat person, blonde, etc. working for them, living in their rental place, etc. he's a jerk, but to make a rule that says he must allow a red sox fan or a Christian or a whatever to rent from him or work for him or even like him, is unrealistic and wrong. The government can not regulate how we feel about others, (as much as I'm sure you would like them to). So, if that is Rand Paul's position, then I guess I support it, too.

Since whites have historically predominated television since it's inception, I have no problem with blacks having a BET. You do. I don't feel a need to remove them nor do I find them discriminatory. If they want to produce tv that features black people, let them. It's a free market and if it is in demand it will succeed, if not, it will fail.

Like I said. You support discrimination in reverse.

Why, did you get them closed down, too?

No, I didn't. But maybe they finally saw the light, and realized that it was a racist thread.

Should that be mandated to allow me and other white fire fighters to join it? What about black colleges, there isn't a college in the US that has the overwhelming majority of students one race like those colleges do, it's not allowed, except at black colleges.(end quote)

This is what I agreed with. But after reading it again, I will voice my opinion on it. I feel that people can't and shouldn't be allowed to tell others how they should feel. If there is someone out there who doesn't want an italian, redsox fan, fat person, blonde, etc. working for them, living in their rental place, etc. he's a jerk, but to make a rule that says he must allow a red sox fan or a Christian or a whatever to rent from him or work for him or even like him, is unrealistic and wrong. The government can not regulate how we feel about others, (as much as I'm sure you would like them to). So, if that is Rand Paul's position, then I guess I support it, too.

The government protected classes in the civil rights bill are : race, gender, religion, ethnicity, disability.

Rand Paul's position is that a business should be able to have a sign that says: whites only or no jews served. I disagree. You don't. It's that simple.

This isn't about what a business person BELIEVES, this is about what a business person DOES.

"This isn't about what a business person BELIEVES, this is about what a business person DOES."

Aptty what don't you get about this statement?

There are no laws that say white people can't watch BET or post on a certain thread on a website. However, there is a law that says businesses that serve the public must serve "all" people regardless of color. No one is saying congress has the right to pass a law that tells people what to think. End of argument. :tongue2:

Read up on your history and see what happened to blacks in the south when they tried to eat at a restaurant or use the bathroom at a gas station. See photos of blacks who were beaten and hung from trees. Oh I know, the holocost didn't happen either right?

If you want to have racist thoughts go right ahead. Your thoughts can't hurt anyone. Your actions can. That's the difference. Good Christian folk - practice what you preach.

No, I didn't. But maybe they finally saw the light, and realized that it was a racist thread.

Are the Men's Room and powder room threads sexist?

Is the gay/lesbian thread anti heterosexual?