Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What R We Eating

This is my so called I'm not pigging out before surgery diet

Breakfast

2 pieces of wholegrain toast with butter and jam

Mid morning

latte and an apple

lunch

Eliza and I polished off a cheese platter from the previous day, - brie, a fruit/brandy cheese, and an aged cheddar, crackers, fresh dates, dried apricots and almonds. OK so ate a little bit much

Afternoon

a muffin

dinner

zucchini slice and salad - a BIG piece of zucchini slice.

Late evening

a hot chocolate.

and I had probably 6 cups of coffee during the day too.

Monday

Breakfast

Life Cereal

hot chocolate

Almonds 15

Snack

gummi bears and jelly Beans ( I don't know what I was thinking)

lunch

Slim Fast

dinner

turkey/cheese on dinner rolls (ummm good I haven't had a real sandwich in so long)

cucumber

1 roma Tomato

pickle

Snack

Trail Mix

Late Night snack ( I was up too late)

turkey spaghetti sauce/cheese/roll

I am starting my day off wrong.

Tuesday

Breakfast

McDonalds sausage/cheese/ 1/2 muffin

3 chocolate chip Cookies shhhhhhh

I'm phasing in Decaf Teresa! I'm such a coffee drinker that all that coffee has no discernable effect on me whatsoever. I could eat instant coffee out of the jar with a spoon!

I had cut down to all decaf with only one or two real coffees in a day when I was pregnant, I dont know why I went back to so much caffeine.

Tuesday

Breakfast

McDonalds sausage/cheese/ 1/2 muffin

3 chocolate chip Cookies shhhhhhh

Lunch (ate slow for 1 hr pb)

General Tso chicken (didn't get to eat half)

egg roll (all went in all came out) Not fun

Dinner

sm bowl turkey spaghetti/cheese/ dinner roll

cucumber/tomato (couple of slices)

Snack

apple pie

ice cream

B:french toast sticks (burger king)

large coffee cream and sugar

L:cashew chicken (frozen dinner)OMG i just went to look the cals=410!!! carbs=59g

not eating THAT again

Snack: butter tart+medium coffee

ANOTHER large coffee(shared w hubby on way home)

Dinner: 2 sm pork chops and a small salad.

Sheesh! the first day i decide to post and the truth hurts.I will post again tomorrow and will eat better.

SAD state of affairs!!If anyone can analyse this stuff and recommend healthy alternatives(real food no tofu stuff or fish(allergy)i more than welcome your input!!

B: powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury (Vanilla) w/ 1 cup soy milk and frozen berries (my best creation yet YUMMY)

Snack: bout 10 cashews

L: chicken leg with spinach

Snack: bout 10 tortilla chips

D: 2 slices honey baked ham

2 slices whole grain bread

Need more veggies I think....maybe Friday

C first place to start is do your grocery shopping and prepare your food at home. Dont buy out and on the run, be prepared.

Breakfast is an easy peasy meal to start off the day well. Most people can eat breakfast at home. Wholegrain cereals, fruit and yogurt, a fruit smoothie, if you're doing lo carb, eggs, egg white omelettes, include some mushrooms and tomatoes, go easy on cheese, salt etc.

For Snacks, fruit, dried fruit and nuts, a low fat frozen yogurt, avoid pastries, cakes and the like.

Frozen dinners and the like are junk foods. they're full of preservatives, chemicals, artificial everything. Your body doesnt need them. What about yogurt and fruit, sandwiches (if you can eat bread) or wraps with lean ham and salad fillers, fruit salad, tossed salads with tuna or salmon, a bit of olive oil and vinegar dressing, if you're locarbing, fresh home made stirfries, or a piece of grilled chicken and salad. If you're out and about and cant make your own lunch, take fruit and a Protein shake or something like that.

Your dinner would be fine as long as you didnt eat all the fat on the pork chops.

Ok, so I dont always follow my own advice, but overall I do eat that way and I've still become overweight becuase I just eat too darn much. But I'm healthy and have no cholesterol and blood pressure issues.

Hope that's the help you were looking for and it doesnt sound preachy.

Not at all preachy.I wanted the advice and i thank you for it.I will do better as of today.Sometimes i go off track and it's so hard to get back on.Bad habits DO die hard...

I haven't grocery shopped but will make better last minute choices with what's avail.around me today until i can go to the store...(I LOVE THIS PLACE)

B:Large coffee-2 cream,1 sugar

Multi grain,raisin and almond cereal w 1% milk.

Jacquie you are on the ball. Sometimes we forget that breakfast is not just eggs anymore. I actually bring my cereal to work (most of the time now). I try not to make fruit my first choice now because the sugar just keeps me eating the rest of the day.

C is see you have lost 60 pounds....WOW....keep up the great work. You are well on your way to goal. Good Luck

Today I did not make a great choice.

Friday

Breakfast

Sausage mcmuffin no egg and left off 1/2 the muffin

I will post yesterdays food in a moment.

Thurs.

Do I really need to post what I ate today:think :bored :dead

B: 1/2 grilled cheese

L: chips n dip

D: ham, mac n cheese, greens, candied yams, mashed potatoes and I washed it all down with skyy vodka w/papaya juice (dont get me momba I was thirsty:ninja ).

There was so much food leftover and you'll be happy to know I only took home greens instead of my usual 2 plates of food.< /p>

Friday

B: slim fast optima

L: 1/2 cobb salad w/honey mustard dressing (clawd that was good)

D: 1/2 cobb salad

Water, Water, apple cider, water, crystal light, and mo' water