Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I was banded yesterday and happy to be home with the family today - especailly happy to be in my own house once the prune juice kicked in.........

Hope everyone else is going along nicely without complications.

I had my surgery on Tuesday June 1st! I had to stay overnight in the hospital and was released yesterday about noon. Boy was I ready to go home! As of now I am not in a lot of pain, I have been walking around a lot to make sure that I do not get the gas pain I have heard people mention. Over all it was a smooth operation! Glad to be on this side of it now! Good luck to everyone that will be banded later this month! :biggrin:

MexicanCanetoad & TanyaSc,

I'm so happy all went well with your surgeries!!

You made it:thumbup::biggrin:. Now just take it one dayat a time. keep us informed!!! WE'RE Here for You :wink2:!!

CarolD

Hey All!

I'm getting banded on June 30th and I'm nervous and excited!

I was wondering...the gas pains that you experience post-op, is it similar to the gas pains post C-Section...cause I've done that and wow it's intense.

A.

i'm nervous because lost very little on this liqiud diet, so i wonder if theband is going to work?

weight.png

i'm nervous because lost very little on this liqiud diet, so i wonder if theband is going to work?

weight.png

From what I understand, the purpose of the preop diet is to shrink your liver and make it easier for the surgeon to place your band. It has absolutely nothing to do with your success (or lack thereof) post op.

I am lucky in that my Dr. only requires a 10 day pre op diet and mine, which starts tomorrow, is high protein/low carb. The nutritionist said some people lose quite a bit on it, but many do not. Again, the point it to shrink the liver and low carb will do that.

Post op, I will have one week of liquids and one week of mushies.

Good luck to everyone!

kagead

I am very happy to hear all is well with the ones who have been banded early this week. Mine is tomorrow. Dont forget to join social site under communties "June 10 June Bugs" to continue to keep up with each other:drool:

Chillax and Kagead-

Hi there! I am being banded tomorrow morning and Chillax I too did not lose much on the pre-op diet. I was on for 2 weeks and lost 5 pounds. I've been stressing and stressing over this and Kagead thank you for your input. This information is basically what i've been reading so i just have to be okay with it so far.

I also know that i'm taking the right steps and things will work out okay! I know it isn't going to be easy or my magic pill... I WISH!! So Chillax just hang in there, what you're doing you're doing for you and for the long run... Pain is temporary, Quitting is forever!!!

SSmom...

GOOD LUCK!!! YOu and I are both tomorrow.. lets keep in touch!

I'm doing the cleans thing today and i don't feel great... kinda naueous (sp), tired and really fuzzy headed... I'm not sure i'm even completing my thoughs and for a college grad my spelling is seriously lacking! Sorry :Dancing_biggrin:

Good Luck!!!! I'm nervous :ohmy:

Today is my 10th day on the liquid diet and I have only lost 6 lbs and am disappointed. I am getting so tired of drinking those Protein Shakes, I could screem. June 9th is my date and I can'g wait to get it over. Hope I lose faster after the surgery or I am going to be really disappointed. I fiqured the liquid diet is around 1000 calories a day and I would think I would lose faster. Best of luck to everyone, keep up the good work, and keep in touch, let us know how you are doing after surgery.

hollygrovecarol

Congratulations on your 6 pounds gone forever! I'm being banded tomorrow and on my 14 day liquid diet lost only 5 pounds. I was stressing too but don't worry... just keep at it an dont get discouraged. I know there are days when i feel like i'll never reach a reasonable weight, but that just isn't true.... we are just becoming who we really want to be!

Keep fighting and keep posting... it helps alot to read what everyone else is going through.

Good Luck June 4th Bandsters,:ohmy:

I wish all of you minimal pain and a speedy recovery with your surgeries tomorrow.:Dancing_biggrin: We will be thinking and praying for you :ohmy:!!! talk to you post-op!!!

CarolD

thanks for all the answers, it really helps. i have this week-end to go thru , it's hard because we have a lot of food...just want a little fish...and then wednesday is the op! i lost another pound! YAY!

weight.png

Edited by chillax

Hey All!

I'm getting banded on June 30th and I'm nervous and excited!

I was wondering...the gas pains that you experience post-op, is it similar to the gas pains post C-Section...cause I've done that and wow it's intense.

A.

My surgeon told me that the shoulder is more cause by nerves than gas because of the way your diaphragm has to be pushed up during the surgery, he says some people get it and some people don't. I will find out on Tuesday lol.

my doc told me that with the band, poeple endup eating 500-600 calories a day (if they do the diet correctly), so the shake are 1000 and full of sugar ( at least mine)...their is hope!