Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll start, any others?

Hi! I'm Jenny and I'm being banded on June 9th (also my 29th b-day) in Fort Collins, Colorado! Tomorrow will mark one week until my surgery and I'm getting so excited and anxious!

I am starting my 7-day pre-op diet today. 4-6 Protein shakes a day and a low-fat, high-protein mini-meal for lunch or dinner (lean grilled chicken breast, low-fat cottage cheese, fat-free tuna salad w/ wheat crackers, etc.)

Ok, thats enough blabbering from me. Off to my pre-op appointments with the surgeon and hospital this afternoon!

Regarding the June Name.... Ssmom may have come up with a good one .... June Bugs.... although i haven't seen her on this forum yet???

I'm to be banded FRIDAY... 6/4!! AHHHH:ohmy: I'm getting nervous and a bit stressed... So far the liquid diet has been not much fun ... although i did cheat a couple times over the past week and a half with a slice of toast and a few bites of cottage cheese here and there ... I've only lost 6 pounds since starting the liquids. i was really hoping for more. But tomorrow noon is only Clear Liquids for a day and a half. Still time to drop some pounds. :rolleyes: I really think i've not been drinking enough liquids and not eating enuff calories .. i was forcing nutrients and was consuming only about 400 a day. I upped it a little yesterday along with Water and seemed to help.

Wow... how exciting to get a second chance. I am happy for you and wish you the best! Please keep us updated on your progress. :rolleyes:

I was suppose to meet with the dietitian today where I thought they would tell me about the pre-op diet, but he got sick and canceled. I'm now meeting with him on June 7 only a week before my surgery. Is only 1 week on the diet going to be fine? I've read a lot of people have been on it for two weeks before their surgery. I just want to make sure I'm doing evertyhing I can do to make the surgery go without complications.

Doctors office called me today - they received insurance okay. I'm scheduled for June 15th.

I feel only excitement right now - like i am liberated or something...can't really explain it - but the feeling is good good good! I meet with the staff Thursday to go over pre diet and everything else... maybe then the fear will set in! :rolleyes:

Best wishes to all of the other June Bandsters

:confused:

I was suppose to meet with the dietitian today where I thought they would tell me about the pre-op diet, but he got sick and canceled. I'm now meeting with him on June 7 only a week before my surgery. Is only 1 week on the diet going to be fine? I've read a lot of people have been on it for two weeks before their surgery. I just want to make sure I'm doing evertyhing I can do to make the surgery go without complications.

Don't worry Jax... My doctor only required a one week preop diet. One week prior to surgery I began a high Protein very low carb diet for 5 days and then Clear liquids only for the 2 days before surgery. He said everything went perfect. You can shrink the liver and the fat surrounding the stomach in just one week. Good luck to you... I know you will do great!:confused:

Congrats on your date, CurvyCat! What's your 15% reservations with getting the surgery

I just realized I hadn't answered this. :rolleyes:

My reservations stem from a general fear of surgery, and a sort of insecurity about going through with a lifetime of enforced limitations on what I can eat.

Since my original comment, I'm more sure of my surgery decision, but still not 100%. My pre-surgery success so far both helps and hinders this, actually. I feel like I've really gotten a great head start, but part of me now is wondering if I should just barrel through on my own without the band.

I should note that I have gotten within 20# of goal before on my own, so I know that I CAN do it without the band. Obviously, I didn't manage to maintain, so that's definitely a point in the band's favor. However, I gained it all back during pregnancy #2, so I don't know if I would have been able to do it without that circumstance.

Yeah, so it's a whole lot of waffling over here. Oddly enough, I had really gotten close to 100% sure until I went in for my pre-op testing. The bariatric liaison at the hospital was awesome getting me through my testing very efficiently, but did ask me if I was *sure* I wanted to do this.... which of course revived some of my doubts.

I guess I won't know until I actually go through with it. Or not. :confused:

I'm getting banded on June 14th. Looks like there are a lot of us that day!

I'm excited, scared, worried, happy...etc.! Can't wait to read out posts a year from now!

My doctor is Frank "Terive" Duperier (Dr. D.) and the hospital is Foundation Bariatrics.

Lisa

Hi, I am getting banded on June 30th. I can't wait, but am scared too. I am self pay so pray that I am not making a mistake. I hope there will be a lot less of me in one year. :unsure:

Banded yesterday...started this process in Sept 09, Insurance denied at first....

So excited and sore!

Mine is June 10th...wondering about the other thread with all the June bandsters on it???

Hey ladies,

I was banded yesterday (6/8). It went well. I had a hard time waking up from the anesthesia but other than that no problem. I am walking as much as possibe and taking it super slow when drinking. I had to crush my pills this morning. Now that is awful!!! Are you having to crush pills?

Looking forward to getting to know you guys. It helps sooooo much to have someone going through the same thing.

Ashly

HI guys!

I was banded 6/7/10 and am feeling pretty good. Granted, its only been 5 days, but honestly, its been not so bad. I did not have a fill at surgery time and will not get my first one till 4 weeks out but honestly am not hungry much at all. Feel like I get really full after just a few bites which is something I don't think I have ever in my life felt before. I think its probably just swelling from the band being placed causing some restriction but honestly, I feel great. I have lost 10 pounds, I know that's from the liquid diet and pureed foods. Having a hard time getting in very many calories and an even harder time getting in the Protein. But I'm working on it every day. Hope to hear from all of you soon. And anyone that has already had it done around the same time as me. I need a buddy!! I kinda feel all alone. I did not tell anyone except my husband about my surgery, so I've been avoiding everyone in my family like the plague all week!!!

Julie

Hello all! My surgery is scheduled for June 28th.. 3 more days :thumbup:

I'm pretty excited but nervous.