Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other May bandsters out there

Hello! I am sooooo excited! I am getting banded on May 3rd. I had my upper GI, chest x-ray and one on one with my surgeon yesterday. I am having my pre-op blood work tomorrow.

This journey started in Jan and I realized that fighting the whole cardiac clearance thing only caused me unnecessary greif! This next 2 and a half weeks are going to be agony! You wait and wait to make a decision to do this and then once you decide to jump in with both feet you hurry up and wait some more.

I am excited. energized and scared all at the same time. What if I fail? I have tried all of the diets before and lost some but ALWAYS gained it back. I realize this surgery is only a tool to help but then I wonder, what happens if I don't chew long enough or take a drink after a bite. Will I stretch out my new stomach? Will it erode into my stomach and then I have to have it removed? My mind is racing a million miles a minute. WHAT IF I FAIL?? I can't talk to anyone else about it cause they would not understand. All of my friends are all skinny and while they all support what I am doing none of them have ever had a weight problem.

I would love to get down to about 150-160 which is not unreasonable for 5'7" and big boned, but I know I need to make small goals 1st. I bought a dress online a few years ago for a banquet dinner and when I put it on, I looked like a stuffed sausage. So currently my goal is to be able to wear that dress to another banquet dinner scheduled for Aug 1st.

I hope & pray I can get past my fears and work this out! I will keep y'all up to date on my progress. Thanks for all the support!! :thumbup:

I am right there with you! Im getting banded May 7th. I had my pre-op visit today and chest xray as well as blood work. I'm nervous about the upcoming weeks, but at the same time I'm so ready for them to hurry up and be over so I can start my new banded life!

Hi I am getting banded May 17th and like you I had all the thoughts of what if I fail. I have done so much research on the lap band that I can write a book myself. I get on this website and look at all the photos and I say, "These people are no different from me I can do this" That is how I get myself through the self doubt and you can to. Good luck and keep us all posted.

I"m scheduled for May5th, just waiting on insurance approval.

My surgeon won't schedule the procedure until the insurance approval is in, so I am sitting here on pins and needles, watching my May surgery date slip away.

There is another thread for May bandsters you may want to check out as well. You can find it here:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f22474/looking-may-bandsters-110418/#post1447990

Good luck to everyone!!

kagead

I am hopefully a May bandster as well! I am finishing up my 6 month doctor supervised diet/exercise plan at the end of April. My surgeon's office tells me Cigna is extremely fast in approving once all prerequisites are done. So...we have a tentative date of May 17th! That is one month from today! I am tired of waiting, too. I want to move forward with this!

I am second guessing everything about myself right now...is this the right move for me? What if I fail at this? Should I just have gastric bypass because I know I will lose a lot of weight in a short period of time? Lap-Band vs. Realize Band? My mind is also racing a million thoughts per minute.

I read hundreds of posts a day on here, and I also look at all of the pictures and still can't wrap my mind around the fact that this could possibly happen to me. It is almost as if I don't believe I deserve it. Ahhh...the devil sure likes to play tricks in our minds, huh?

Keep in touch...I need all the support I can get!

I will be getting my surgery May 26th! Looking forward to it and nervous as well.

Heidi

I feel like you ripped the words right out of my mouth. Everything that you are saying is exactly what I have been feeling for the past month. All the "what if" keep replaying through my mind. I try to calm myself down and say take it one day at a time. That is all I can do. I am hopeful to have my surgery may/june. I would love to be you support buddy. I have my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Would any of you like to buddy up? and share our experiences together, keep each other encouraged, etc?

definitely! I need all of the support I can get.

I am right there with you. My surgery date is May 3, 2010. The cardiologist has scheduled a surgery to insert an IVC Filter to prevent pulmonary embolism due to my history. Today I started the liquid diet for the next weeks. Best wishes to you.

Cindy