Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Allie! I'm Lisa, I too, am new! I'm currently completing my pre=op requirements....tomorrow is my Psych eval....a little nervous! Good luck to you!

Hey guys , I'm 4 days post op . Have some swelling where my port is and larger insertion port hurts. Also my left hand hurts where iv went in. Called doc and he said all normal. Still on liquids and a bowl of liquid fills me up . Not hungry anymore thats good. Just need to keep healing. Have docs appt monday ,hopefully i can eat more solid stuff . Man I could use a sandwich.

Hi Allie . I go in on the 4th for my first fill . Hows your diet going ? I'm happy to be able to start eating again .

Hi Everyone,

I am new also to this process (forum). This is my very first post.

I am 5 days post-op, and I have to say, I thought it was going to be much worse. I do have some abdominal pain (expected) that goes away quickly with vicodin.

Even though I knew I wanted the band, I had a little voice inside telling me that I will still be hungry, and what are you gonna do when you are starving, and can only have a crumb compared to your usual meals. Well, I have a lot of confidence in myself knowing I got through the full week of liquid. I never thought that would be possible. It is!!!

I am here because I know I need support, and I want to learn from others who have been through it, and support other people that are just starting.

Good luck to everyone,

Erika

I just started this whole process too! I had my first consult 4/20/10. I see the dietician 5/26 and have to complete a 3month diet plan. Hopefully surgery will be in August! I am worried about it all too. I keep looking up all the diet plans you are supposed to follow and freak myself out....

Hi Allie . I go in on the 4th for my first fill . Hows your diet going ? I'm happy to be able to start eating again .

Congrats on your first fill! The pre-op diet is going well, I cheated the first day, but haven't since. I still get to eat Breakfast and a lean meat dinner, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining. So far, it's been 3 days and I have lost 7 pounds!!!!

I'm still nervous, but I finally bought a blender so my Protein shakes aren't all that bad :eek:

Hi Everyone,

I am new also to this process (forum). This is my very first post.

I am 5 days post-op, and I have to say, I thought it was going to be much worse. I do have some abdominal pain (expected) that goes away quickly with vicodin.

Even though I knew I wanted the band, I had a little voice inside telling me that I will still be hungry, and what are you gonna do when you are starving, and can only have a crumb compared to your usual meals. Well, I have a lot of confidence in myself knowing I got through the full week of liquid. I never thought that would be possible. It is!!!

I am here because I know I need support, and I want to learn from others who have been through it, and support other people that are just starting.

Good luck to everyone,

Erika

Hi Erika, nice to hear from you! You just made me feel much better! I was really starting to worry about that little voice in my head too, lol, but I know I have to make a life change before my health suffers. I'm glad you are doing so well.
I just started this whole process too! I had my first consult 4/20/10. I see the dietician 5/26 and have to complete a 3month diet plan. Hopefully surgery will be in August! I am worried about it all too. I keep looking up all the diet plans you are supposed to follow and freak myself out....

I know it seems like it's going to be hard, but just remember that you are going to feel so much better when you have dropped all the weight and you can relax and feel good and healthy. That's what keeps me going. I hope everything works out for you, keep us posted :eek:

Congrats on your first fill! The pre-op diet is going well, I cheated the first day, but haven't since. I still get to eat Breakfast and a lean meat dinner, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining. So far, it's been 3 days and I have lost 7 pounds!!!!
The first day was horror . Gets easier . OMG you could eat:scared2: After 10 days i had some Soup and was sick . well lost 16 on diet . It showed me i was eating too much when i thought i was eating ok.

Congrats for all of you pre and post banders!

Allie, congrats on your surgery date!! You HAVE to keep me posted. I have my dietition appt on Friday and then I guess they will submit to my insurance. I'm hoping for a late May/early June surgery date. My bday is on the 26th and I want to be able to chow down for this bday!! I didn't last year (get to go Celebrate at my fave restuarant) because I had an unplanned c-section and my gallbladder removed!! This year I'm counting on being able to Celebrate (with food) at least ONE last time!!

Allie..be encourage!! this is the right place to be if in any doubt. Your young so now is the right time to take your life back. What Protein Shakes have you found to satify the hunger? Tomorrow will be my 1st day on this lifestyle change journey

The first day was horror . Gets easier . OMG you could eat:scared2: After 10 days i had some Soup and was sick . well lost 16 on diet . It showed me i was eating too much when i thought i was eating ok.

Yeah the first day was by far the worst, so far I have lost 7 pounds still.

Congrats for all of you pre and post banders!

Allie, congrats on your surgery date!! You HAVE to keep me posted. I have my dietition appt on Friday and then I guess they will submit to my insurance. I'm hoping for a late May/early June surgery date. My bday is on the 26th and I want to be able to chow down for this bday!! I didn't last year (get to go Celebrate at my fave restuarant) because I had an unplanned c-section and my gallbladder removed!! This year I'm counting on being able to celebrate (with food) at least ONE last time!!

I'm doing well, surgery is Thursday, gotta be at the hospital at 7:30am, so I'm really nervous!

Allie..be encourage!! this is the right place to be if in any doubt. Your young so now is the right time to take your life back. What Protein shakes have you found to satify the hunger? Tomorrow will be my 1st day on this lifestyle change journey

I have been drinking the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. The best one is the chocolate, tastes just like chocolate milk. The first day was the worst for me, I have read 3 books now in not even 2 weeks, lol. Be sure and keep yourself busy, GL!

Well the surgery was horrid. They didn't tell me I had to pee before, and since I couldn't eat or drink anything they have to put a tube in my pee hole, how degrading and embarrassing! Not to mention I have baby veins, so it took forever to get the IV in me. When I woke up I was in so much pain that I was gasping for air and screaming. I guess my pain tolerance is less than I thought.

Finally they let me go and the car ride home was painful, I couldn't even sleep when I got home because of the chest pain due to gas, which I'm still having even after gas x and walking all day!

My incisions are painful, and I have been taking the pain meds every 4 hours since I was discharged.

I haven't even wanted to drink anything because of the chest pressure, I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to feel normal again.

On the upside, I have lost 15 pounds, lol. I thought for sure since I'm so young and I have no health problems other than being obese that the surgery would be a breeze, but I guess that was just wishful thinking. I will be SO happy when I start getting this gas to leave my body!

Well the surgery was horrid. They didn't tell me I had to pee before, and since I couldn't eat or drink anything they have to put a tube in my pee hole, how degrading and embarrassing! Not to mention I have baby veins, so it took forever to get the IV in me. When I woke up I was in so much pain that I was gasping for air and screaming. I guess my pain tolerance is less than I thought.

Finally they let me go and the car ride home was painful, I couldn't even sleep when I got home because of the chest pain due to gas, which I'm still having even after gas x and walking all day!

My incisions are painful, and I have been taking the pain meds every 4 hours since I was discharged.

I haven't even wanted to drink anything because of the chest pressure, I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to feel normal again.

On the upside, I have lost 15 pounds, lol. I thought for sure since I'm so young and I have no health problems other than being obese that the surgery would be a breeze, but I guess that was just wishful thinking. I will be SO happy when I start getting this gas to leave my body!

OMG ill die if they put a catheter in me!

OMG ill die if they put a catheter in me!

Yeah I pretty much did. Ask your surgeon before if you have to pee, lol. They said they had to be sure I wasn't prego, which I was actually on my period the same day and I have an implant birth control that stays in me for 3 years, so it really made me mad.