Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2010 Bandsters?

I also had a bit of diarrhea today. :thumbup:

Sydney

I've had diarrhea the last couple of days- I just assume that since liquids is all that's going in, that's all that will come out too- I'm just glad it's not to where I would have to push it out! Lol- That would suck!

I'm feeling weak today- I am going to try and get more fluids- More chicken broth instead of all Jello and pop sickles. I just don't know how it is okay to go a month with nothing but a bit of broth to live on. I can't even have Protein Shakes for a few weeks still-

My mom cooked a burger today- It was torturous. I can still smell it- She asked if it was alright, and I said yes. The world isn't going to do me any favors, so I figure I may as well get used to it now. I am worried that when I get to where I can eat solid foods again, I am going to go right back to the bad choices. All I think about is what I am going to eat once I can again. I hope the band will help control some of that- Or my strength and determination come back before then. Right now, I dunno- I knew this was going to be hard. I just didn't realize HOW hard. I'm only 3 days in, and I already want to cave and eat. I have a 5 weeks of liquids left to go- I hope I can make it-

I wish I knew why some of us only go Clear Liquids and others of us could move to full liquids right away. I would be near passing out with only clear. I did an extra day of clear just cause I didn't feel like moving on to full, and I feel a bit stronger with the Protein. My doctor moves us to mushies at 1 week. My appointment is a few days after that so I will probably switch then.

S

I wish I knew why some of us only go clear liquids and others of us could move to full liquids right away. I would be near passing out with only clear. I did an extra day of clear just cause I didn't feel like moving on to full, and I feel a bit stronger with the Protein. My doctor moves us to mushies at 1 week. My appointment is a few days after that so I will probably switch then.

S

I wish I knew too- I can't have soft foods until week 5- Then solids at week 6. I honestly don't know if I will make it that long. I don't have any energy-

Getting a little nervous more for the reason that it wont work after going through all of the prep. Afraid its going to be like any other weight loss venture I've tried in the last 20+ years.

I have no pre-op diet to follow with the exception of all clear liquid the day before surgery.

I kind of did the same thing some others here in the forum have done. Went a little crazy these past 2 weeks thinking I might as well get it in while I can, because after Wednesday, my I'm all in. LOL... Isopure for me for the next 12 weeks at least. :rolleyes:

I have my daughters senior graduation coming up June 15th, so I'm hoping to lose a decent amount for when the family all fly in on the 19th for the party. :thumbup:

My fingers are crossed I have a safe journey on Wednesday and I hope that all this will lead to smaller me!:frown:

I've had diarrhea the last couple of days- I just assume that since liquids is all that's going in, that's all that will come out too- I'm just glad it's not to where I would have to push it out! Lol- That would suck!

I'm feeling weak today- I am going to try and get more fluids- More chicken broth instead of all Jello and pop sickles. I just don't know how it is okay to go a month with nothing but a bit of broth to live on. I can't even have Protein Shakes for a few weeks still-

My mom cooked a burger today- It was torturous. I can still smell it- She asked if it was alright, and I said yes. The world isn't going to do me any favors, so I figure I may as well get used to it now. I am worried that when I get to where I can eat solid foods again, I am going to go right back to the bad choices. All I think about is what I am going to eat once I can again. I hope the band will help control some of that- Or my strength and determination come back before then. Right now, I dunno- I knew this was going to be hard. I just didn't realize HOW hard. I'm only 3 days in, and I already want to cave and eat. I have a 5 weeks of liquids left to go- I hope I can make it-

Maylsa

Talk with your Dr.s office and tell them how you are feeling.

My post op was 2 to 3 days of clear liquids then after checking in with them if all was ok (and it is) I can have Protein shakes to finish out the 2 weeks. After that it is mushies. Go to the Unjury web site and check out their chicken broth Protein Powder its really good and counts as a clear liquid but with the protein. They also have a unflavored that can be used with Crystal light, Gatoraide or juice but gets that protein in as well. About 20 grams I think.

I was banded on the 12th and aside from some soreness at the port site I'm doing pretty good. Went back to work today and did get a bit dizzy and tired and went home after 1/2 a day.

Maylsa

Talk with your Dr.s office and tell them how you are feeling.

My post op was 2 to 3 days of clear liquids then after checking in with them if all was ok (and it is) I can have Protein Shakes to finish out the 2 weeks. After that it is mushies. Go to the Unjury web site and check out their chicken broth Protein powder its really good and counts as a clear liquid but with the protein. They also have a unflavored that can be used with Crystal light, Gatoraide or juice but gets that protein in as well. About 20 grams I think.

I was banded on the 12th and aside from some soreness at the port site I'm doing pretty good. Went back to work today and did get a bit dizzy and tired and went home after 1/2 a day.

Well, I don't know how I got so confused, but I got my book out tonight, and was looking through it. I only have to do 2 weeks of clear liquids, then I can do soft foods. I was thinking 2 weeks of clear, 2 weeks of thicker liquids, a week of soft foods, then normal food. I am SO glad I looked at it. Makes it a load easier to face it.

I have to continually look at all my notes and papers or I get confused also.

I am praying I can get my surgery this month!!! I have completed the six month visits (April 28) and waiting for insurance approval. I am ready to get this surgery behind me.

I have to continually look at all my notes and papers or I get confused also.

So glad I'm not the only one~

I got the lap band yesterday on May 17, 2010. I lost 17.5 pounds on the two week pre-op diet! I asked the Dr. if that weight would come right back - kind of like the temporary weight loss you get after having a stomach bug and he said No - that I sould maintain that loss. I am on a full liquid diet for 2 more days and then I can start adding soft foods. I have some pain - but it is bearable with the pain medicine. I have not slept very much because I can't get comfortable. I am burping a lot. The recovery room nurse said that was good because it would help get the gas out of my system. I am not having gas pains yet. All in all - the process has not been as bad as I thought it would be. Oh- BTW when Dr. Morton was doing the surgery he found I had a tumor in my stomach (GIST). He said it was benign but he is sending it out to be biopsied and he did a liver biopsy too. I just keep telling myself that I am very lucky to have gotten this surgery when I did so that the tumor was found prior to it possibly turning cancerous.

Hey all...tomorrow is banding day for me. Can't wait. Not looking forward to the gas pain...I remember that pain well from a small procedure I had done about 10 years ago. Good luck to all the other bandsters who are currently waiting for their day.

It can't be said enough, sleep elevated and walk walk walk, I had so much less gas pain than other surgeries I have had had. :thumbup: Good luck, you'll do great!

Sydney

So I was banded on the 10th, had a hiatal hernia repaired and scar tissue removed as well. Needless to say, the 3 days that I had scheduled to take off work turned into the entire week. I came back to work yesterday, but still feel like crap!!! I am still having major port site tenderness and pain and now battling diarrhea as well.

I am getting seriously hungry every 3 hours, so much so that my stomach sounds and feels like it's eating itself!!! The portion size that I've been able to stand is increasing as well (which I don't think is a good thing)!! I know that month 1 is for healing, but come on...when you're only eating (drinking) 600-800 calories a day, I freaking better be losing weight!!! However, including preop and postop, I'm down 13 pounds!

So, 8 days post op, and everything I've read in these forums is how great everyone's done with their surgeries. I am not normally a whiner, and can handle pain pretty well, but I feel horrible!!!!!

AM I ALONE OUT HERE?!?!?!?!?

Thanks Sydney = I will do my ultimate best. Just got word that I'm scheduled for 8:30am. Oh boy...now I'm nervous. Will let you all know how it goes. :thumbup:

So I was banded on the 10th, had a hiatal hernia repaired and scar tissue removed as well. Needless to say, the 3 days that I had scheduled to take off work turned into the entire week. I came back to work yesterday, but still feel like crap!!! I am still having major port site tenderness and pain and now battling diarrhea as well.

I am getting seriously hungry every 3 hours, so much so that my stomach sounds and feels like it's eating itself!!! The portion size that I've been able to stand is increasing as well (which I don't think is a good thing)!! I know that month 1 is for healing, but come on...when you're only eating (drinking) 600-800 calories a day, I freaking better be losing weight!!! However, including preop and postop, I'm down 13 pounds!

So, 8 days post op, and everything I've read in these forums is how great everyone's done with their surgeries. I am not normally a whiner, and can handle pain pretty well, but I feel horrible!!!!!

AM I ALONE OUT HERE?!?!?!?!?

I thought of myself as a toughie who could handle anything but I was seriously uncomfortable those first couple of days. I was the world's biggest baby and that usually is not me! So you're definitely not alone there. What really helped me was getting off the pain medication. That stuff makes me groggy and lifeless.

As for being hungry, I am sipping on something constantly because I can't take very large sips. If not a Protein Shake or Water, then some kind of broth or low fat Soup. There's just no way you could get enough calories in in three meals. Your pouch can only take a couple of ounces at a time. So unless your doctor specifically told you otherwise, I wouldn't worry about the three meals a day until you're on mushies or full food again. Right now you need the calories to help with the healing. Don't starve yourself!

Also, I've notice my stomach doing the same growling thing, but I'm not sure it's hunger. It feels like it's just adapting in a particularly cranky way. I have a hard time differentiating between stomach hunger and gassy bloated discomfort.