Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 44.155844155% on my way to goal at 5 month bandiversary!

Hola,

Its amazing how we keep track of our banding date anniversary but I can't remember simple things like appointments. I have been thinking of all the things I can do now and all of the things I will be able to do at my one year bandiversary. Next summer, I will wear a sleeveless dress and a bathing suit in public. At least thats the goal. I will also get on the biggest coaster at 6 Flags and I will go horse back riding in June without killing the horse.

Now that I am minus 68 pounds, I am able to run up and down the stairs, workout 3 -4 times a week without passing out and I am down 3 clothing sizes from a barely squeezing into a 28 to a 20-22-24. My next mini goal is to get to 247. This is what I weighed when I was 23 years old and went to Europe fifteen years ago.

I am so looking forward to any weight under 200 and my biggest goal is to weight less than my husband who is 205. I believe I am realistic by aiming for a goal of 180. I won't be skinny by any stretch of the imagination, but I will be a size 13-14 and be able to shop in regular stores to buy my clothes and people will definitely not be staring at me because I am so huge. I have to admit that I look in the mirror and I do not really see myself as much thinner than before. I realize that I still have 86 more to go, but its a lot better than saying I need to lose 154 pounds!!!

I like being an advocate for the lapband whereever I go. I am not afraid to tell people at the gym, the grocery store, at parties and even clients. I am not ashamed of being banded and I only hope that people who need support are lucky enough like me to find their way to this board and make friends that will help them like all of you have helped me. Thanks and hang in there with me for the next 86!!!

Babs in TX

334/266/180

6/23/03

great to see your post - I am so happy for you - what an amazing achievement Babs, you sound so happy too, which is what counts ultimately!

I really admire your attitude and hope I do as well as you - I know you posted you WOE (Way Of Eating, as Donali calls it!) before but if you have a min how about outlining for us again your sucessful eating tips??? I'd really appreciate it!

Any by the way - any chance of you posting some photos???!!!

take care hon, and good luck xx

Hi Bright,

Glad to hear from you again. I wish I were more savvy about posting pictures. This is something I need to do. I went shopping yesterday and bought size 22 pants. I have not worn 22 pants in 15 years, so this was a major achievement. I ate so much today for Thanksgiving that I am feeling way bloated and extremely guilty! I had ham, a little turkey,sweet potatoes, half a roll, some stuffing, green Beans, pumpkin pie with ice cream and a very small piece of chocolate cake. Now bear in mind, I was grazing all afternoon and early evening (2pm-7pm), but I am kinda upset with myself about this. My typical day on the food front is about 1200 calories or less. Usually I don't eat Breakfast, just coffee. lunch is usually scrambled eggs with a little cheese or tuna or some kind of meat and veggie. dinner is the same. Usually I do not eat more than 6 oz of food. Today I ate more than 10-12 oz, but I did not eat Breakfast or lunch and my first food was two oclock. Anyway, when i am more awake, I will post a more extensive menu. I usually aim for drinking 64-72 oz of Water and exercising 3-4 times a week.

Babs in TX

334/265/180

-69 pounds