Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is a great exercise to tone your inner thighs?

What is a great exercise that I can do to tone my inner thighs that is very effective? Is there a position I can use my free weights?

Loads of running, squatting and lunging has done it for me. I run a couple of times a week and do bootcamp twice.

I would agree: running is definitely the way to go. Burns calories like a demon but doesn't bulk you up - just make sure you have a well fitting sports bra if you are on the big side. Having said that, if you can't get big enough sports bras you can use thick folded over lengths of tubigrip (just a suggestion - it worked for me when I was a 46 JJ - all woman and part of another one, I was.)

Spinning. The first time I looked at them on those bicycles I thought, "no way in hell I am gonna be able to do that". But I stuck with it and did what I could and eventually built up to where I can do an hour spinning class now.

Thank You guys for your ideas, I walk everyday but I think I might step it up and try running more. I usually use two sports bra's when I am working out just so I don't have to worry about the ladies :thumbup:

Try the following Yoga poses

Warrior II Pose

Goddess Pose

Triangle Pose

Then do swing squats with a small Kettle bell and

You can also add ballet squats (squats done with legs in a plie position - toes and knees turned out)- add free weights if desired.

Side lying leg lifts -bottom leg for inner thigh- are tried and true.

I was just going to start a new thread about this.

I have the biggest flabbiest thighs in the world.

I haven't been banded yet. I'm going for my final Dr appt on Tuesday and then it takes about 2 months for my insurance to approve.

However, I'm already afraid that after I lose my weight I still won't be able to wear a great pair of jeans because my thighs are the worst.

My thighs are the size of some peoples waist lines like 31-32 inches. I'm afraid once I lose the weight they will just be hanging loose and ugly. Short of having a surgical thigh lift has anyone else had thighs like mine? what happened after the weight was lost.

Oh, I'm thread jacking . Maybe I should stat a new thread.

Sorry OP :frown: