Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Bandster Bunnies

My doctor didn't require a pre-op diet, but since my BMI is so high I decided to do one... I really did not want to wake-up from surgery and be told my liver was too big!

Today is day 11 of my self-inflicted 3 week pre-op diet. I have lost 18lbs so far, which puts me 15lbs below my starting weight. I am drinking 3 shakes per day made with various flavors of Isopure Protein powder, a 4oz serving of sugarfree Jello chocolate pudding (I add 4 scoops of Protein Powder when I am making the pudding), and a cup of chicken broth at night.

So far, I feel great and am not experiencing any of the side effects other people have talked about during their pre-op diets... I have lots of energy!

Wow you are doing great for a "self inflicted" preop!:laugh:

I am doing the same thing since I am only required to do 48 hours of liquids before my surgery. I have now lost 12 pounds. I just do not want to get booted out due to fatty liver and I don't need the sugar withdrawal along with the surgery discomfort. :tongue2:

I want to be at my best for the surgery.:smile:

I have created a banner for our signature. Not sure how to send a mass email to all the group members. Please email me @ molewis76@gmail.com and I will send u the link. Thxs

Hi everyone...

Fulfilled my last requirements last Tuesday. I was supposed to wait 2 weeks before shooting a note to Surgeon's Assistant that I was done so she could put my file together and submit to insurance. I couldn't wait any longer and I sent her an e-mail this morning. I'm relatively sure I've met all requirements and hope I don't have to wait too long for approval.

To make a long story short (I know...that ship has sailed), I'm hoping to be an April bandster.:confused::thumbup::redface:

April 13th is my date, just did my pre op and meeting with the surgeon today. Starting my sugar buster diet and praying that goes well. I started my process in sept of last year, but had a couple of things hinder me from getting it done right away(stomach flu), my original date was feb 9th, but I believe in everything happens for a reason. Super excited to share all my process and read about all yours as well. :confused:

April 13th is my date, just did my pre op and meeting with the surgeon today. Starting my sugar buster diet and praying that goes well. I started my process in sept of last year, but had a couple of things hinder me from getting it done right away(stomach flu), my original date was feb 9th, but I believe in everything happens for a reason. Super excited to share all my process and read about all yours as well. :confused:

:redface: CONGRATULATIONS:thumbup:. I am so excited for u. We are growing by the day. Go April Bandster Bunnies. We are going to do just great. What a blessing to have a second chance at life.

Hi everyone...

Fulfilled my last requirements last Tuesday. I was supposed to wait 2 weeks before shooting a note to Surgeon's Assistant that I was done so she could put my file together and submit to insurance. I couldn't wait any longer and I sent her an e-mail this morning. I'm relatively sure I've met all requirements and hope I don't have to wait too long for approval.

To make a long story short (I know...that ship has sailed), I'm hoping to be an April bandster.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Got my fingers crossed for you. I know how hard the wait is!!!!:smile:

So today was day 1 of my sugar buster diet and boy am I super hungry, but day 1 is over and I did really well. I have a really awesome supportive husband that is doing the diet with me, even though he is in awesome shape and doesn't need to diet...True love!!! :smile:

So today was day 1 of my sugar buster diet and boy am I super hungry, but day 1 is over and I did really well. I have a really awesome supportive husband that is doing the diet with me, even though he is in awesome shape and doesn't need to diet...True love!!! :thumbup:

I am sure it gets easier. I am glad that you have a supportive hubby. That really makes a difference. So what do they have u feasting on with the sugar bust diet?

I am sure it gets easier. I am glad that you have a supportive hubby. That really makes a difference. So what do they have u feasting on with the sugar bust diet?

Well its like a extremely low carb diet...too make it easy nothing white, no white bread, no regular Pasta, no sweets...pretty much no sugars!!:) but we went to the store yesterday and found a bunch of things that I can eat and still yummy, its just all about Portion Control and not snacking as much. I am a boredom eater so the not snacking every time I want is the only thing killing me. I will over come this I know it!!! Thanks for the support. Glad I have people to share this experience this with and share my new life with!!! :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

I am being banded on April 14th. I had a final appointment with my doctor last night and today I meet with the dietician to get all of the pre-op diet insturctions.

The 2 week pre-op and 2 week post-op diet makes me very nervous! I have done both Medifast and Optifast and could not tolerate the Protein shakes. The nutritionist said that they use powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and that it tastes good, she gave me a sample and I have been afraid to try it!

Has anyone else had a similar experience with the Medi/Opti fast, and have also used the Unjury? I am hoping that prayer and a good support system, online, at home and at work will get me through the month of April.

Hi everyone!

I am being banded on April 14th. I had a final appointment with my doctor last night and today I meet with the dietician to get all of the pre-op diet insturctions.

The 2 week pre-op and 2 week post-op diet makes me very nervous! I have done both Medifast and Optifast and could not tolerate the Protein shakes. The nutritionist said that they use unjury and that it tastes good, she gave me a sample and I have been afraid to try it!

Has anyone else had a similar experience with the Medi/Opti fast, and have also used the Unjury? I am hoping that prayer and a good support system, online, at home and at work will get me through the month of April.

Congratulations on becoming an official April Bandster Bunny! I have never tried the Medi/Opti, however, my doctor also recommended UNJURY. It does taste pretty good. The only problem I have is that you need to mix with milk and I am lactose intolerant. Also, using milk does increase the number of calories in the shake and carb content as well. I did it the first few days and I issues with it, so I stopped and started using shakes from a website called Doctors Weight Loss. The nutrient packet is pretty much the same only u use Water to mix and it taste pretty good. The UNJURY strawberry Sorbet taste really good. U can use either Water or lemonade to mix it.

Congratulations and please join the April Bandster Bunny!!!!!!

Hi everyone...I got my date! April 22nd! Start my liquid diet on 4/8. I'm a lil nervous now that the time is drawing closer, but I know I have made the best decision for me. Looking forward to us all supporting each other!

How do I join a group? I amnew to this and I am being banded on April 6 and I am kind of excited bit scared at the same time.

Thank you mslady and mamasugar for your reply. The nutritionist gave me the best news ever today...I can eat 2 Protein Bars (their brand) per day along with 3 Protein Drinks. I know it is just 2 bars a day, but anything is better than 5 shakes :thumbup:

Hi Everybody...I am set up for April 1st with Dr Bagnato. I am 6 days into my 2 week Sugar Buster's Diet. This surgeon doesn't require the 2 weeks of liquids. Saturday, I will start Clear Liquids anyway just to be on the safe side. Need that liver to shrink so that the view is clear.

Sometimes I still don't believe it's actually going to happen...woohoo