Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MISERY wanting Company...

Banded 12/7/09

First Fill 1/5/10 (4cc's)

Second Fill 2/2/10 (1.5cc's)

Total 5.5cc's in an 11cc Band and guess what.. NO RESTRICTION!

I was so looking forward to being banded and having this "tool" to help me along the way, but the tool isn't working yet, so it's so hard for me to get motivated to do anything different than I did pre-band because I still feel PRE-BANDED. I log on here and read all the success stories and see all the weight loss tickers moving and it seems like everyone is having such success and here's little (pun intended) ole' me with the scale not moving and eating what I want with no problem. I haven't had ONE episode of food getting stuck, no PB'ing, nothing to even let me actually feel that the band is there! I know from reading other's experiences that those things are "no fun" but believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to going thru something like that, at least I will know that the band is in there and it's making it's presence known. No, I'm not exercising. I'm not motivated to exercise. I wasn't a huge eater before the band, I just ate the wrong things. I know everyone's band experience is different, but I thought some things were across the board, like bread and guess what... 6 inch subway sandwich is not a problem for me. I go back next month for a 3rd fill but it just seems unlikely that I can go from not feeling anything to the 3rd fill being the "magical one" that turns the switch on. I thought this was a process, a gradual increase to the beloved "sweet spot" and I have yet to begin the climb.

I'm just frustrated and venting. I was supposed to take my monthly "progress pictures" but I don't even want to do that because they will look the same as the December and January pictures!

CONGRATUALTIONS to all of you who are having sucess and reaching milestones and goals. I am happy for you and I hope you keep up the good work. Your stories are an inspiration....

Don't get frustrated and don't compare yourself with everyone else. It is not uncommon for it to take up to 5 or 6 fills before you feel restriction... everyone is different.. that is why it is called bandster hell.... unfortunately you just need to use good old will power until then... you can do it... just make sure to drink enough Water. You will find that when you are hungry, the water will help w/the hunger... don't give up...wait a few more weeks and then call and make an appt for another fill. Just to show you how different we all are, I have 3.25 CC in a 10 CC band and I have restriction... everyone is different, some of us are more sensitive to fills, some of us have bigger fat pads over our stomach that help us get restriction before others who do not have large fat pads... keep up the good work and be confident that you can work this band until you start to feel restriction.. GOOD LUCK!!

you would be shocked about how a small fill can make all the difference.

You are doing great! 14 pounds after heading out of the holidays is great! Pre band all I would be able to hope for is maintaining AT BEST.

Our Subway does a special diabetic sandwich in which they hollow out the inside bread so you aren't eating quite as much carbs. I tend to do this for my husband because I worry about his eating habits.

Do enjoy to some extent some of these things you are able to eat. I miss bread, steak, etc. My fill tech told me to enjoy these things that I wouldn't be able to eat for too much longer. I wish I would have listened.

Thanks for your replies. I won't give up, it's just so frustrating because I thought for SURE 5.5cc's would give me some restriction and it just really disappointed me that it didn't. I just want to FEEL something other than the hard spot where my port is! :cursing:

I got banded the same day you did. I also have 5.5 cc's filled right now and am filling no restriction. I am terribly frustrated with it right now. I have been trying to get a second fill scheduled but my surgery was through a military hospital and many of our surgeons are trauma trained and are in Haiti right now. I am trying to be patient and keep telling myself the job they are doing in Haiti is far more important than me getting a fill but I still want to feel the restriction. As of right now I have lost 36 pounds but that has been all self-control and 15 pounds of weight loss on the pre-surgery liquid diet. I definitely understand your frustration and I keep reading to see if anyone else has had the same issue as me, which obvioulsy you have so maybe we just need to rememebr that it will take some tiem to reach our "happy place." I do exercise just by walking right now but it is something until I lose a little more weight and am able to do a bit more.

I thought the same exact thing - that since I wasn't having any restriction after 2 fills, what's a 3rd gunna do? I had my 3rd 2 weeks ago and finally have restriction. Almost went in for a tiny unfill (I have 9 cc in a 14cc band) last week and it loosened up a bit on it's own, now I'm not vomiting everyday. I was banded on Oct 1, 2009 and had lost 9 lbs! I've since lost 8lbs this past 2 weeks. So you're ahead of me! My 3rd fill made all the difference! I wish you the best!

Marci

Banded 12/7/09

First Fill 1/5/10 (4cc's)

Second Fill 2/2/10 (1.5cc's)

Total 5.5cc's in an 11cc Band and guess what.. NO RESTRICTION!

I was so looking forward to being banded and having this "tool" to help me along the way, but the tool isn't working yet, so it's so hard for me to get motivated to do anything different than I did pre-band because I still feel PRE-BANDED. I log on here and read all the success stories and see all the weight loss tickers moving and it seems like everyone is having such success and here's little (pun intended) ole' me with the scale not moving and eating what I want with no problem. I haven't had ONE episode of food getting stuck, no PB'ing, nothing to even let me actually feel that the band is there! I know from reading other's experiences that those things are "no fun" but believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to going thru something like that, at least I will know that the band is in there and it's making it's presence known. No, I'm not exercising. I'm not motivated to exercise. I wasn't a huge eater before the band, I just ate the wrong things. I know everyone's band experience is different, but I thought some things were across the board, like bread and guess what... 6 inch subway sandwich is not a problem for me. I go back next month for a 3rd fill but it just seems unlikely that I can go from not feeling anything to the 3rd fill being the "magical one" that turns the switch on. I thought this was a process, a gradual increase to the beloved "sweet spot" and I have yet to begin the climb.

I'm just frustrated and venting. I was supposed to take my monthly "progress pictures" but I don't even want to do that because they will look the same as the December and January pictures!

CONGRATUALTIONS to all of you who are having sucess and reaching milestones and goals. I am happy for you and I hope you keep up the good work. Your stories are an inspiration....

You're making me so sad. You have to remember that without the proper restriction, you are not expected to lose. Every body reaches the "green zone" at different times.

And please remember to not be in a hurry. I have to tell myself that every day! The slower that you lose, the better chance you have to not have saggy skin! You will be happier in the end, right?

The LAP band is a slow process, not like the other surgeries. You were so smart to choose it and you will see when in a year from now you'll laugh. You will see that just because your loss was delayed a bit it all evens out in the end!!:thumbup:

Why wait a month? If you're still able to eat to excess and hungry, call them up and tell them you want another fill. Mine will do them every 2 weeks. My first fill was 3cc and second fill was 3cc and I didn't have any restriction after my fills (not even temporary) until I had about 7.5cc. Now at 8.5 (in a 12cc band) I think I have restriction...or at least still do 5 days after my fill.