Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to be a rabbit!!!

Yeah, stay away from mirrors and those skinny twits. That's something I really hate about gyms. I'm a master at avoiding the mirrors, but seem to have a radar for eyes on my fat ass.

so, maybe this is where my old college motto helps me...

*&%k 'em if they can't take a joke. If they don't want to see my fat @ss they don't have to look. I am at the gym to work out (Yes, 3 days so far this week!! Go Me!) and so are they. We are all equally sweaty & gross at the gym. I pretty much ignore that paranoid delusion that everyone is staring at me because I am so huge. If I don't acknowledge it, it usually goes away.

And I would caution generallizing the Thin and Beautiful as "twits". I have to work very hard at it - but on occassion, I have been rewarded for my ability to see the T&B as normal humans. Some of them are really quite nice.

Besides, some of them are former fatties!!

:]

I know some rabbits don't do any extra working out, and the weight just falls off them.
Who are they? Let them stand up so we can throw rotten fruit at them!

I guess I would be considered a rabbit?? I'm 7 weeks out and have lost 28 lbs (average 4 lbs per week). Kare, let the fruiting begin wink.gif

I hit a plateau for 3 weeks before I got my first fill, but after that, the weight has been falling off. No working out, only necessary walking around the office, and to and from the parking garage about 1 city block. I have no idea how many calories I get in per day. I only eat when I'm hungry (which is usually for Breakfast and a late lunch). I drink either 40 or 48 oz of Water per day (depending on whether I have a 16 oz bottled Water in the morning, and I have a 24 oz cup that I keep at my desk). Absolutely NO snacking between meals, but that has never been too much of a problem for me. My major problem was fast food (burgers, fries, pizza, etc.)

Since being banded I have made a conscious effort to avoid bread, sodas & fried foods at all costs. I slipped up once right before I got filled and had a chicken sandwich, fries & lemonade. I paid for it with horrible shoulder pain and an even worse headache. Lesson learned! It only took one time and I haven't turned back.

Kare,

I am new to this site - was banded on 10/20. So far no fills for my big band and right now I feel no restriction. It is kind if scary as I want to throw myself into this weight loss thing. You have reminded me of my history with weight loss. In the past the only way I have lost weight is to exercise exactly as you are talking about. When I exercised like that, not only did I lose weight, but I looked and felt better. After reading about your exercise and seeing your weight loss, I am motivated to throw myself into the exercise thing. I also have to stay off sweets which is my biggest problem and not really helped with this band. So, my goal right now is - NO SWEETS and EXERCISE. Thank you for the motivation!!!

Okay Kare <3 Bear, is the challenge that I will lose more than my pokey half pound loss, or that I will feel better? Cause I know I will feel better, that isn't even an issue.

Your challenge, you get to pick the start date. And does arerobic activites, such as bowling count? biggrin.gif

Also, I need a 5th fill. biggrin.gif

Hey Crystal,

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had a crazy-busy day.

So! Okay, we're on! I don't know about you but I always start a new workout/diet on a Monday--so how about this one (Nov 7)? The challenge is that you will lose more than your pokey half pound AND feel more energy--but don't discount the fact that you will probably feel LESS energy the first 2-3 weeks. It's pretty rare that I haven't felt worse before I felt better when I've pushed myself to the next level. In fact, if I don't feel crummy at first I know I need to push harder. I think it's that homeostasis thing in our bodies. Even when we make a GOOD change, change is resisted.

Okay, aerobic means something that gets your heart rate up. The higher the better. I think the minimum test is walking fast enough that you could keep up a breathless conversation--but couldn't possibly sing. I suggest you break up the workout--but should try to work hard enough to breakout into a sweat at least once a day. You can count walking fast to class--but no strolling. Pilates doesn't count and only the time spent in aerobic mode during belly dancing can count. (I take swing dance classes and at least half the time is spent in demos--I never count my swing times into my workouts.) I think Pilates and weight training are both good, but it has not been my experience that they take off weight. Firm up, yes, but they don't take it off.

I figured out aerobics were the key the 100 pound loss before last and when I read a detail description of what Oprah was doing to lose afte that time I found myself nodding, "Yup, that's what it takes."

Maybe you need a fill, maybe not. If you're already eating...what? Average of 1,000 a day you might find exercise more valuable than a fill. Remember I've lost this all without one. I'm getting my FIRST FILL on Monday. I knew once this wedding-goal was met I'd fall off the wagon and I have. I had a steak dinner and THREE Cadillac Margaritas last night. OMG. Short break from what has to be my eating reality. I know what to do & I'm so relieved I'll be forced to stop binging. I'll join you on Monday with my first fill and a rededication.

So start Monday, Nov 7 and go to...Nov 31? Thanksgiving is in there, that is going to mess us up. Maybe it should be Nov 7 to Dec 5. How does that sound? I know... that's 4 weeks, but I'll tell you what... do the (minimum--you may surprise yourself and feel like doing more) 1-hour/5 day plan until 12/5 and if you don't lose more than 2 I'll send you $100--and if you lose more than 4# I'll mail you $150. Believe me, after what I spent last night I can see I'll be saving more than that on meals if I get back to business too. We can inspire each other. (But you'll still owe me that drink.)

Agreed?

Witnesses?

I guess I would be considered a rabbit?? I'm 7 weeks out and have lost 28 lbs (average 4 lbs per week). Kare, let the fruiting begin wink.gif

Oooooo brave woman Cissy. But you know you've got us, because we've already EATEN all the fruit! :D

Could toss some wilted lettuce atcha tho.

That's great that you're losing fast. From your sig it looks like you're still over 200, is that right? There is NO WAY you are going to keep losing an avg of 4# per week once you get down to 185 or so. I mean, you'll probably keep losing--just not fast. And that's perfectly okay. You have any idea where your set points are? I think those are a real phenomenon. Historically, I go from 195 to 185 pretty quick and it's a lot harder to get from 185 to 175.

Congratulations and enjoy it while you can. Just don't get discouraged when it slows down.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I had a crazy-busy day.

You can count walking fast to class--but no strolling. Pilates doesn't count and only the time spent in aerobic mode during belly dancing can count. (I take swing dance classes and at least half the time is spent in demos--I never count my swing times into my workouts.)

Maybe you need a fill, maybe not.

So start Monday, Nov 7 and go to...Nov 31? (But you'll still owe me that drink.)

Agreed?

Witnesses?

Agreed!

Oh, and considering I'm always late to my morning classes (just by a squeek) I wouldn't call it strolling, more like a forced march. :) Well dang on the pilaties, but practically my entire dance class is dancing, with very little time spent on demos. Any demos we have she, does the move once then we repeat it, and at this point, not a whole lot of new moves are being introduced. It really is non-stop for at least the first 30 minutes while we do our drills. Between our shimmies, drops, lifts, undulations, mayas, camels and geiraphs, and all our isolations.. Well, no talking there. This is a serious, kick-your-ass dance class for dance majors/minors... :D

So, is it alright if I claim 1/2 an hour for the hour of dance?

Sorry you had such a crazy day, that's been my week lately, what with major projects due...

Oh, and I definately need a fill. I suddenly lost all restriction... again. So this week, my calories have been sky-high in the 1500 calorie range :) Yeah, I know, normal woman range, not calorie-obsessed-weightloss-driven-demented-woman range. I think this week I managed to get in all my servings of grains! ;)

And you bet I'll buy you that drink (or 3) next year at the Bash. (but not 4) I have to believe that alcohol poisoning would be bad-bad-bad for the Banded Brigands...

Okay we're on--but I really think it should be 11/7 to 12/5 to give you a full 4 weeks and true chance to experience the phenomenon. Your body is obviously puttin up a good fight & it might take a little extra time to convince it.

And just forget the 1500 calories! 1200 MAX! You take Vitamins, don't you? The low calorie count isn't forever so I personally think it does more good to take off the weight than worry so much about nutrition. You just need a major part of that in Protein for energy. I often don't get in all my fruits & veggies and I am very, very healthy. I do take a ton of vites tho. (Sold Shakely in my 20's & that convinced me forever.) I don't have to grind them right now and I'm not looking forward to having to do that again after my fill. Whatapain.

The belly dancing sounds so fun! It sounds so sexy to say you're doing "undulations, mayas, camels and geiraphs"! I'd love to learn those moves. If any of the pics of me Lindyhopping at my bro's wedding come out I'll post them. I like all kinds of dance, but lindy the best because of the music.

Think we should start a new thread on Monday?

You have any idea where your set points are? I think those are a real phenomenon. Historically, I go from 195 to 185 pretty quick and it's a lot harder to get from 185 to 175.

Congratulations and enjoy it while you can. Just don't get discouraged when it slows down.

Not sure about set points? I was stuck at 230 for 3 weeks. After I got my fill, I lost 7# in 7 days, then another 4# over the next 7 days. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks so I don't know if this is my stopping point yet. I won't weigh myself again until Wed or Thurs, which will be 3 weeks after fill. I do know that I have lost inches because my clothes don't fit the same way as even just a week ago, but I won't do measurements until I'm 60 days out (Nov 14).

I am truly a turtle/rabbit hybrid model. Nothing, nothing, nothing bammmmm 3 pounds. I find my weight loss coming before my cycle and directly after then I hand status quo for 2 weeks. I'm needing to look at the numbers less frequently because I'm making myself crazy. So overall, I think I could be a slow rabbit but my god, week to week is a killer to look at. Hang tough and how about those inches???

One other thing rabbits do is have sex 24/7 :rolleyes:

Now that brings me to today's Oprah where she had a woman on that uses sex to lose weight. She swears by it. Oprah had Kirstie Alley on today and she is a Jenny Craig spokesperson. She has lost 55 lbs., but she has a personal trainer and everything at her disposal.

Just thought I'd interject that being a rabbit might not be a bad idea for weight loss :P

One other thing rabbits do is have sex 24/7 :)

Now that brings me to today's Oprah where she had a woman on that uses sex to lose weight.

Just thought I'd interject that being a rabbit might not be a bad idea for weight loss :)

*sigh* Speaking of rabbits... My DH just left me to go home. Spent a wonderful weekend with him, and I get to go home in a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving... So my love life is practically non-existant being separated by a couple of mountian ranges.

"I" proud to be a rabbit! before I hurt my knee I was exercising up to fourteen hours a week.

With out exercising Im holding my weight off by staying around 1000/1200 calorie's aday.the weight has fallen off! Im in tune with my body now and mind!

I' don't have to killmy self working out.But I' do enjoy it. Its now a life style.

Its almost like a typical behavior change from to" much"..... eating to not enough by some people standerd's.

"Im in the two Hundred pound class now,have not sceen that for over twenty year's no matter how I lost it it GONE!!!!

The Doctor's and the medical profession say that people that stay under 1600 calories/day for as long 24 weeks are in the MODERATE SEMISTARVATION CLASS.

I will take my chance's at 1200 calorie's and maybe even go up to 1600 every other day to keep my friend's and family happy.

It's funny before I was to fat!! now to thin there is no happy medium <hehe> but Im happy.

well every one take care "I" hope that you meet your weight loss goal's JOHNQ

hello Vine's

Don't feel bad Vinesqueen. At least he is alive and well and cares about you. I lost my husband in an auto accident 10 years ago and I've never gotten over it...never ever, even looked at another man. That man was my soulmate and each day is lonlier then the day before, but it's no excuse for being a "heavyweight". He would have been totally ashamed of the way I've let myself go.

Good Luck. Love lasts. I wish you luck.