Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you believe in a god or gods?

Is there a god  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is there a god

• You bet!
    • Yes, but I don't asssociate with an organized religion
    • There may be, I don't care
    • Nope, nada, no way!

And btw, you continue to use the word HATE in your posts. Either you have that in your mind or your heart or both. If you didn't, you wouldn't think to use it so often whether you're accusing someone else of hating or whether it's really you who is feeling that emotion. The fact that it finds its way into your writings so often, one must conclude that it is definitely in your head and probably in your heart. Sorry dear. It is what it is. Unless you're just playing games here, of course.

The lefts "game" is to make the right appear to be haters and racists. You know that. So if you will never use the word hate here against us, I will promise to never use it again.

The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was pushed by the christian right. That's legislation.

All the laws restricting abortion rights came from the christian right for the most part.

Good. No one should be allowed to kill anyone else.

If you believe divorce is wrong then don't get a divorce but don't try to stand in the way of those who want to divorce. Geez.

No Christian I know is stopping you or anyone anyone from getting a divorce or pushing any legislation to keep you from getting a divorce. We believe that marriage should be for life, except for marital unfaithfulness, but we don't desire to make it a law or anything. So, noone is standing in your way, as you say.

Oh, and that sex with a dog? Must have gotten that from "man on dog" ultra right wing republican ex-senator Santorum that my state was happy to get rid of.

Never heard of it.

You claim that you don't want to legislate but that's exactly what you want to do when you CHANGE the laws to make marriage only between a man and a woman.

Marriage is a God ordained institution between a man and a woman who choose to live together and form a family. They say vows unto God and pledge their lives together. So, if a man and a man want to have a relationship with each other, similar to marriage, then they should start their own thing. Marriage is for men and women together. Civil Unions was what they called it. But no, they wont be satisfied with that. They want Christians and the rest of society to 'recognize' their union as a decent and acceptable way of living. It's not! It's a sin to do what they do together and nothing can change that.

If that was what marriage laws were all along, why the need for a new law? Why the need for a change? Because marriage wasn't clearly defined as between a man and woman and those on the right LEGISLATED that it be so.

No one is asking for your consent either. They just want you to get out of the way from them enjoying the same rights as everyone else. Same marriage benefits confered.

And no one wants your consent to have a lawful abortion. If you don't believe in it - don't have one, but don't stand in the way of a woman who chooses to have a lawful abortion.

Someone has to stand up for what is morally correct and decent in this world. Christians do that. And thank God, too. Otherwise, we'd be living as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Or as in the days of Noah when man was so wicked and was so depraved that God had to destroy them and start over. Looks like we're headed that way again. We can thank people like you who like to live in a sinful society and therefore vote that way. Thanks Cleo'smom!:thumbup:

Someone has to stand up for what is morally correct and decent in this world. Christians do that. And thank God, too. Otherwise, we'd be living as in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah. Or as in the days of Noah when man was so wicked and was so depraved that God had to destroy them and start over. Looks like we're headed that way again. We can thank people like you who like to live in a sinful society and therefore vote that way. Thanks Cleo'smom!:thumbup:

Who does sodomy between two consenting adults hurt? What gives you the right to tell sodomites that they shouldn't be able to enjoy themselves any way that they see fit?

The days of using an ancient fairy tale to justify your hate and discrimination are over.

Edited by btrieger

Originally Posted by Cleo's Mom viewpost.gif

THIS IS NOT, NOT, NOT MY QUOTE!!! YIKES. I WOULD HATE FOR ANYONE TO THINK IT IS.

Originally Posted by pattygreen viewpost.gif

The Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was pushed by the christian right. That's legislation.

All the laws restricting abortion rights came from the christian right for the most part.

Good. No one should be allowed to kill anyone else.

That wasn't the point. Your point was that the legislation was coming from liberals. Not true, as usual.

If you believe divorce is wrong then don't get a divorce but don't try to stand in the way of those who want to divorce. Geez.

No Christian I know is stopping you or anyone anyone from getting a divorce or pushing any legislation to keep you from getting a divorce.Good, keep it that way. We believe that marriage should be for life, except for marital unfaithfulness, but we don't desire to make it a law or anything. So, noone is standing in your way, as you say.

Oh, and that sex with a dog? Must have gotten that from "man on dog" ultra right wing republican ex-senator Santorum that my state was happy to get rid of.

Never heard of it.Also, good. Then that means he's not as relevant as he thinks he is.

You claim that you don't want to legislate but that's exactly what you want to do when you CHANGE the laws to make marriage only between a man and a woman.

Marriage is a God ordained institution between a man and a woman who choose to live together and form a family. They say vows unto God and pledge their lives together. So, if a man and a man want to have a relationship with each other, similar to marriage, then they should start their own thing. Marriage is for men and women together. Civil Unions was what they called it. But no, they wont be satisfied with that. They want Christians and the rest of society to 'recognize' their union as a decent and acceptable way of living. It's not! It's a sin to do what they do together and nothing can change that.

Here's where you're wrong. Marriage is defined by and recognized by the state. Religion and God have nothing to do with it. The state recognizes a marriage performed by a judge or justice of the peace just the same as a minister or priest. That is all the gays want - that their marriage be recognized by the state so that all the marriage benefits can be conferred upon them. They do not want or ask for any of your religious "blessings".

If that was what marriage laws were all along, why the need for a new law? Why the need for a change? Because marriage wasn't clearly defined as between a man and woman and those on the right LEGISLATED that it be so.

No one is asking for your consent either. They just want you to get out of the way from them enjoying the same rights as everyone else. Same marriage benefits confered.

And no one wants your consent to have a lawful abortion. If you don't believe in it - don't have one, but don't stand in the way of a woman who chooses to have a lawful abortion.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Originally Posted by Cleo's Mom viewpost.gif

THIS IS NOT, NOT, NOT MY QUOTE!!! YIKES. I WOULD HATE FOR ANYONE TO THINK IT IS.

Myapologies!! I fixed the quoting. I'd hate it if hateful diatribe like that was attributed to me.

Myapologies!! I fixed the quoting. I'd hate it if hateful diatribe like that was attributed to me.

Uh-oh! :thumbup: You used the H word. The hate police will be after you. Watch out!!

Please excuse me if this has already been posted. Llyra

In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

Response:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in

Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an

abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than

homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there

'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two

different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of threa (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go

to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan.

(author unknown)

PS It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a

Canadian

Edited by Llyra
Correction re: author of the letter

The lefts "game" is to make the right appear to be haters and racists. You know that. So if you will never use the word hate here against us, I will promise to never use it again.

Dude, I don't use it against "us." Go through all my posts and show me when I did. :thumbup::rolleyes::):rolleyes::):rolleyes::thumbup::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Besides, I wouldn't dream of insisting that you drop one of your favorite words from your posts. But I definitely find it interesting that you like to claim that it wasn't you who first began using it so frequently. You're a laugh riot. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.

Response:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of threa (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go

to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your adoring fan.

(author unknown)

Canadian

Thanks for posting this.

your adoring fan.

Who does sodomy between two consenting adults hurt? What gives you the right to tell sodomites that they shouldn't be able to enjoy themselves any way that they see fit?

QUOTE]

It only hurts them. I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they should and shouldn't do together. That's their business. And, I haven't done that. I am only trying to protect marriage and what it is. It is NOT between two people of the same sex.

Here's where you're wrong. Marriage is defined by and recognized by the state. Religion and God have nothing to do with it. The state recognizes a marriage performed by a judge or justice of the peace just the same as a minister or priest. That is all the gays want - that their marriage be recognized by the state so that all the marriage benefits can be conferred upon them. They do not want or ask for any of your religious "blessings".[end quote]

Where do you think the "state" got marriage? It is a God ordained institution and cermony between a man and a woman to make a family together.

Response:

Dear Dr. Laura:

Your adoring fan.

(author unknown)

Canadian

The ceremonial laws were abolished when the Messiah came. The other moral laws are to be upheld because Jesus reinforced them in the New Testament.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10. " Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

By this verse alone, I can determine that Jesus does not condone the homosexual relationship. He reinforced the OT law that says Homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord, in the NT.

By this verse alone, I can determine that Jesus does not condone the homosexual relationship. He reinforced the OT law that says Homosexuality is an abomination unto the Lord, in the NT.

Oh for god's sake [sic].

Let us pretend that Jesus Christ actually existed. If so, he was a cross-dressing hippie that hung out with a bunch of guys his entire life.

That doesn't sound like a heterosexual male to me.

Oh for god's sake [sic].

Let us pretend that Jesus Christ actually existed. If so, he was a cross-dressing hippie that hung out with a bunch of guys his entire life.

That doesn't sound like a heterosexual male to me.

Jesus had a mission when He came into the world, and it wasn't to find a wife. He knew beforehand that he would be dying for all humanity.