Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Re: "Inverted T" abdominoplasty

And these, my friends are me, 3 or 4 years ago now, but still me.

post-226004-13813139138011_thumb.jpg

post-226004-13813139138226_thumb.jpg

You are correct, your waist looks amazing and your doggy looks cute and utterly mischievous. :thumbdown: You got REALLY good results from that procedure. I am so ready for mine.

I can only agree with you. The op was the best thing I have ever done. After losing so much weight my body was healthy but certainly not pretty. Hopefully by this afternoon I will be able to pos the pre-surgery pictures taken by the surgeon - you will see what I mean.

The NHS require that you don't get any plastics done until 2 years post banding or bypass - and I have to say I really think this is a good idea. If you are big enough to need weight loss surgery then you have to give your body a chance to do what it can for itself before you take the risk of going under the surgeons knife. I lost shedloads of weight, and my body needed to get used to that weight before I worried about the cosmetic effects of that weight loss. It would have been awful if I had reched my goal weight and had the surgery immediately and then gained a whole load of weight. :thumbdown:

I've been at goal (BMI 25 or less) for more than 6 months now and I've been a "normal size" (i.e. able to guy off the rails in normal clothes shops) for over a year, so I know that I can keep my weight stable now.:thumbdown:

Life - here I come!!:thumbdown:

I loved your pictures!!! You have a great waist and a lovely dog, Kenya!!!! Is she a rescue?

Your midline incision is healing so nicely it looks like your scarring will be minimal. Your other incision is healing wonderfully, too. You are inspirational!!! I hope I do as good.

Mimi

Kenya came to me through a friend. She belonged to a lady whose relationship broke up and so she had to move back to live with her folks and there just wasn't space for crazy Kenya - so she came to live with us. I'm not sure how pure bred she is but she is a typical staffy in every way. When I take her out running with me people cross the street to avoid walking near us and yet she is the softest, daftest, gentlest mutt you could ever meet. She loves kids and other dogs and, please God, she will one day grow a brain (cos while we all love her, we acknowledge that she isn't the brightest star in the sky).

I am sorry that Kenya lost her family but lucky her that you were willing to adopt her. I am glad she is a tribute to the origins of her breed than she is to the inbred nightmares that have caused so much trouble. There is a special place in heaven for ppl who rescue animals, I do believe.

Mimi

HI Ohm

You look great! Awesome little waist. Isn't it amazing to look at the contour of waist to hip. I recently had surgery and that part just amazes me. The PS's really are sculptors!

Your dog is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. What a face!!

Take care and thanks for posting. Love your sense of humour!

Barb

Ok, guys, so here is a little reminder of the seriousness of this op. I saw my surgeon yesterday and she took off all the residual steristrips and told me that I could shower every day from now on. Yippee! On the way home I stopped off at the supermarket and did a little shopping, and although I felt tired, I felt good - as if I was returning to the real world.

So, this morning I took my "waistcoat" off and hopped in the shower and suddenly, everythings going black and dark, and then, next thing I know I'm on the floor!

"Ah" thinks I "I've been here before".:confused::confused:

Anyway, I hammered on the floor (such as I could) and yelled for hubby (ditto) and .... nothing. Clearly, I couldn't make myself heard. So, as ever, I hauled myself off the floor, sponged off the remaining shower gel and got on with the process of getting dressed!

Downstairs, I asked Komal (my husband) if he had heard me and he gave me that bullfrog look that husbands do when perplexed! Such is family life!

Mimi, how kind you are! A special place for people who rescue doggies would be lovely.

How scary for you.:confused: I am glad you are ok and now you know you may need a shower buddy..hehe. Or, at least have your hubby near the bathroom in case any problems arise.

OMG, that is horrible, I am glad you were not hurt badly, you could have cracked your skull or broken some bones. I will keep my friend nearby during showers for the first few times after my TT. Take it easy!!!

Mimi

Well, it's been 10 days since the surgery and 8 days since I came home and today we went back to a normal routine. Stretching up still hurts, and obviously I can't go back to running just yet, but otherwise, I can do the majority of things I used to do. I can do an emergency stop in the car without screaming in agony, so it's OK to drive. I can Iron and load and unload the washing machine and tumble dryer. I can carry small loads of laundry up and down the stairs - which makes for more trips up the stairs and hopefully thinner thighs (there's always an upside). I cooked pasties for dinner wwithout having to sit down halfway between peeling the spuds and making the pastry. I picked the tiddly pom up from school. And truth to tell, I'm cream crackered, so tired I can barely type, but I'm OK.

The funny thing is that the incisions are just about numb - any pain seems to come from the muscle repair - apparently I'd popped my internal buttons open all down the front too (wonderful image....)! When I get pain it comes from places where there is no incision - which is a bit un-nerving. And the oddest thing is that the upper part of my abdomen looks like an overstuffed Chesterfield (that ab repair again, I guess).

Ah well, with every day there are changes - it's all quite exciting. At the top of the vertical incision the swelling has started to recede quicker than other areas, and the result is a sort of stickyout third nipple. Like I said, it's interesting. I await my new body with interest and just a little trepidation.:frown:

Edited by Ohm
typos - as always

Thanks for that, Mimi, I enjoy posting so I suppose it shows.

Right, well, today the goal is to take crazy hound for a walk. Kenya is driving me absolutely nuts - without her usual walkies (and has anyone else walked her? Yeah, for about 10 minutes - not enough, beleive me) she has far too much energy and if she doesn't have some directed activity she is likely to explode. Last night a friend called and she was making so much noise worrying our other geriatric canine (Chester Rough Jack Russel Terrier - and they don't come much rougher than our Rough Jack) that I had to lift poor old Chester up onto my lap just to be able to hear my friend on the phone - and then suddenly found that I had not one dog but TWO crazy mutts on my lap - KENYA HAD LEAPED UP TOO! Now, there are things you can put up with and things you can't and 25 kg of Staffordshire Bull Terrier bitch on your stitches definitely falls into the latter category - it is not an experience I shall be seeking a second time!!!!!

I need to get some milk today anyway (have you any idea how much milk 4 kids, a husband, two dogs and a thoroughly spoiled moggy-puss can get through in 24 hours?). So, today I shall be walking one of my short run routes - to Sainsbury's and back. Five miles at a slow pace (well wrapped up cos it's still snowing - wow, my cup runneth over - NOT).

So, if I don't check in again later, the chances are that I will be lying dead in a ditch by the side of the track, covered in snow and being worried by a totally hectic staffy bitch. I've said for a long time that Kenya would be the death of me.....

Ah, it's a hectic rave, ek se. Watch this space!

Ok, so I thought I had better post to let those who follow this thread know that my funeral isn't imminent.

Ohm Lives!!!!

Kenya enjoyed her walkies (Chester is really too old to do anything like 5 miles these days) and you know what, I really enjoyed it too. There was one moment when I felt slightly sick, which was when we were overtaken by a jogger, and truth to tell I really wanted to be doing what he was doing....But the bitterness passed and I consoled myself with the thought that when I do jog again I shall no longer "flollop" along. The loose skin used to flap so badly it sounded as if I was farting with every step - and that situation shall be no more.

And the best thing is that, right now Kenya is lying in her basket - snoring her silly little head off! Success! Give peace a chance!!!!

Love it love it love it, LOL!!!! So happy you are not in a ditch with Kenya worrying you with her nose. Nice to hear about old Rough Jack. I didn't realize your family was so large. I have 3 dogs and am worried about my stitches after my Tummy Tuck in 3 weeks. Dogs LOVE to walk on me in the bed and jump on my lap in the living room!!! Glad to hear you survived your lapful of canine!!!

5 mile walk for milk blows my mind, and in the snow, yet, you are my hero!!!!! About time for some pictures, isn't it?

Mimi