Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

will do that..we have a bag of pintos to make some Beans and cornbread this week, I will take out a cup or 2 and puree and mix with some of the liquid..they would rather them whole then pureed anyways...sounds good. I also like black beans, white beans and bean and bacon Soup, mmm.

The staples of my full liquid diet and the only things that kept me from starving TO DEATH were the greek yogurt (that i hated but could add a little splenda to and tolerate), pureed bean Soup, and then another woup that consisted of homemade chicken broth, fat free refried Beans, salsa, and some low fat sour cream pureed to heck (at times I added cheese to this but usually didn't). The refried bean soup was so good my five year old ate it as much as I did! You can do it, you'll get there! (but if it doesn't get better call your surgeon and see if he cares if you move to mushies early)

I like Greek yogurt just need a little sweetner or jam mixed in(too tart)..and will be pureeing some more to get through this.

My post op does not keep me to purely liquids for 2 weeks - just a week with apple sauce cream Soups etc after that first week. I have heard a couple of different versions of post op diets including my niece who was tld 3 weeks for liquids only. Is there a 'right' way?

every surgeon is different..mine is 2 weeks then I have my follow up in 2 weeks from yesterday.

I am in Bandster Hell also!!! What a crazy process this is!!! I feel full all the time no hunger pains but I feel like I am going to starve and get dehydrated. I feel exhausted by 5pm! How can a human live on under 500/day for over a week.

Diet prescribed by my surgeon:

5-7 days liquid diet (water and whey protien drinks only)

5-7 days soft food diet (low fat refried Beans, pudding, Jello, yogurt, and cottage cheese).

Solid diet after that

Thank God Bandster Hell is not permanant

No, there doesn't appear to be one single right way to do it. There are an awful lot of similarities among methods, which is why we're all pretty much unanimous on the badness of eggs five days out. The length of the liquids and mushies phases, exactly what foods should be eaten when, and when you can move back into full food is variable depending on surgeon.

For me I did a week of thin liquids, a week of full liquids like pureed bean Soup and then mushies. I've heard of some people doing a full four weeks of liquids before going on to mushies. It all depends on your surgeon.

i am in HELL right now... i feel sick and the saliva is discusting when it pours out my mouth and makes me feel like i'm going to puke. i am starving! i called the dr tonight and was told to do only hot liquids tonight and tomorrow and to call tomorrow. i just want to die, it sucks... starting to wonder whichis worse...fat or sick... i am 5 days post op and don't know if i'll make it... feeling like i might not right now.

;):cursing::thumbup::cursing::):cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

i am in HELL right now... i feel sick and the saliva is discusting when it pours out my mouth and makes me feel like i'm going to puke. i am starving! i called the dr tonight and was told to do only hot liquids tonight and tomorrow and to call tomorrow. i just want to die, it sucks... starting to wonder whichis worse...fat or sick... i am 5 days post op and don't know if i'll make it... feeling like i might not right now.

;):cursing:

Did you try to eat something? The saliva sounds like a stuck episode. What did the doctor tell you today? Are the liquids helping?

I hope you get to feeling better. 5 days post-op, I was not at my best. Give yourself some time to heal.

Denise

;):cursing::thumbup::cursing::):cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

Yesterday was my 5th day post op and I was in SO much pain I thought I was having a heart attack including shoulder pain and left arm tingles - turns out it is gas! Strangest place ever to get gas if you ask me! Anyway - it appears we are in bandster hell and now that the body is starting to settle we are going through these things. If you want a buddy who is at the same stage feel free to hit me up! I feel your pain! Good luck and hope you feel better soon! :unsure:

Yesterday was my 5th day post op and I was in SO much pain I thought I was having a heart attack including shoulder pain and left arm tingles - turns out it is gas! Strangest place ever to get gas if you ask me! Anyway - it appears we are in bandster hell and now that the body is starting to settle we are going through these things. If you want a buddy who is at the same stage feel free to hit me up! I feel your pain! Good luck and hope you feel better soon! ;)

That is the gas they use to fill your abdomen during the surgery. It will dissipate with time. Walking helps a lot. Keep moving!

In another week, you should be feeling MUCH better!!

Denise

Edited by Cocoabean
Cause I cannot type.

Hello everyone, I am on day 7. Whenever I feel hungry I reach for a sf pudding and a sf Jello. It really helps. I have lost 7 pounds so far and am very excited about going for my first fill. I have 1 more week to go. The liquid diet is monotonous:frown:, but I'm thinking about the big picture once this phase is over:thumbup:. We all knew that having the procedure was going to be life changing. Focus on your excitement during this phase.

Edited by KerryRN

Hello everyone, I am on day 7. Whenever I feel hungry I reach for a sf pudding and a sf Jello. It really helps. I have lost 7 pounds so far and am very excited about going for my first fill. I have 1 more week to go. The liquid diet is monotonous:frown:, but I'm thinking about the big picture once this phase is over:thumbup:. We all knew that having the procedure was going to be life changing. Focus on your excitement during this phase.

You are very wise for being only 7 days out!! This is the key to everything. The more positive things we find to focus on, the more positive things show up in our lives to bless us. I was born to the world best pessimist and learned it from a very early age. I had to figure out how to turn it around on my own. I have done it so well that I now drive everyone crazy with my sunny outlook. Love and Light to you!!!!!

well this might be TMI but AF started yesterday and that might have contributed to my craving hunger. They are very irregular(PCOS) which was a major reason I did this to be fertile. Now I have no appetite today due to the bloating and cramps and feel like it is pushing extra on my tender incisions. Did you all feel the same if this happened during or near when you weren't feeling your optimum? But I like looking at the weight going off daily right now (12 lbs since Saturday)

One week ago today for me. I have a very healthy appetite and doing Unjury 4-5-6 times a day (shakes and pudding and Jello and broth) plus yogurt, V8 juice, oatmeal and cream of wheat just isn't cutting it. I was on liquids 2 weeks before surgery, as well. I am sick of it.

So, I chew whatever it is my DH is having and then just spit it out. I just have a few mouthfuls and I'm good.