Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Conservative VS Liberal

This video is an awful example of the case for conservatism. LiveLeak stuff is extremist nonsense. In all seriousness I'd like to know what you think in your own words. I'd value that more than this yo yo's video.

Looks like the pendulum may be swinging back.

Washington (CNN) -- CNN Political Editor Mark Preston looks at what Tuesday's primaries could say about the rest of 2010.

The president takes another loss

A Democratic governor and Democratic gubernatorial candidate fell in November, the late Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy's seat went Republican in January, and now Sen. Arlen Specter has lost a primary battle even though he had President Obama's backing. What does this mean for the Obama endorsement? Do Democrats want his help in November? Of course, it just depends on who, when and where. Obama still can energize the black and youth vote, and now the big question will be -- can he excite the people who voted for the first time in 2008?

Liberals get loud

Liberals pumped money and support into Arkansas Lt. Gov. Bill Halter's primary challenge of Sen. Blanche Lincoln. Halter didn't win but forced Lincoln into a runoff. The draw on Tuesday is considered a win by Lincoln's liberal opponents, who view it as an affirmation that this two-term incumbent didn't have the muscle to win a third term. All eyes turn to the June 8 runoff and beyond. Other centrist Democrats must be concerned that they could be next.

Tea Party gets a big win

The Tea Party can take full ownership of Rand Paul's landslide win over Trey Grayson in the Kentucky Senate Republican primary. Now what is next? The Tea Party is not an actual political party, but rather it is a decentralized movement. Can Tea Party activists from around the country all come under one tent? After all there is strength in numbers. Or do they prefer to keep the status quo?

Proof is in the Penn race 12 district. Repugs should have won since it is a strong leaning Rethug district. Wonder why our guy won by 9 points since tea party had such enthusiasum? Of course the tea party candidate was going to win in Kentucky. They went for McShame in 2008. Breeding ground for tea party movements with the love of god and guns and minus the whole slew of elite liberal. Besides, the comedy channel probably runs day and night throughout. Not to mention their extreme right candidate that will lose in the general because he will run the middle away. Other than the expected win of that seat, Dems did decent. I predict the tide will turn sharply as soon as people get another gander of a racist sign about Obama.

Dems are elated - tea baggers will be easy to beat in the general election. The more extreme the Republican Party gets the less likely they are to gain any power.

The 12th congressional district in PA is the only congressional district out of 435 that voted for Kerry in 2004 but Mccain in 2008. It is a very conservative district, the democrats are conservative. And despite the fact that the republicans were salivating to win this seat, and tie Mark Critz, the democrat, to Nancy Pelosi, it didn't work.

All politics are local and each congressional race will be won on local issues.

And I can't wait until the democrats in Kentucky start in on Rand Paul and his support of private businesses being able to discriminate as well as ignore the needs of disabled workers. He says if a private business has a disabled worker in a wheelchair, then give him a job on the first floor instead of being made to build an elevator so he can get to the second floor. I am going to enjoy sitting back and watching this guy self destruct.

The teaparty is going to self destruct too if this is the type of candidates they are going to support.

Oh, and BTW, the latest poll shows that people want the democrats to control congress by 45%-40%. Not a big lead, but surely headed in the right direction for November.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

Dems are elated - tea baggers will be easy to beat in the general election. The more extreme the Republican Party gets the less likely they are to gain any power.

That's just it- the right wing republicans aren't extreme enough for the tea baggers. They rejected the endorsed republican candidate in Kentucky in favor of the whacko Rand Paul.

To the tea party I say: Hey, keep endorsing these types. It will be your Waterloo.

Sources or didn't happen.

This coming from the one who mocks me for fact checking?

I'm not sure what you think "didn't happen".

AP Poll: Most Americans want Democrats to control Congress

May 19, 12:36 PMgreydot.gifSan Diego City Buzz Examinergreydot.gifJonathan Harris

A new Associated Press/GfK poll out this week shows most Americans want the US Congress controlled by Democrats.

According to the poll 45 percent of Americans want Democrats to control Congress, compared to 40 percent who would prefer it controlled by Republicans.

This is a shift from just a month ago when the same question returned results showing 44 percent wanted Congress controlled by Republicans and 41 percent desiring that power for Democrats.

Democrats Hold Murtha's Seat Permalink

In a special election to fill the seat of John Murtha, who passed away earlier this year, Democrat Tim Critz, one of Murtha's staffers, beat Republican Tim Burns 53% to 45% in this R+1 district, the only one in the country that voted for John Kerry in 2004 and John McCain in 2008. Critz is fairly conservative and may vote with the Republicans from time to time, but in a one-on-one race, the fact that he is nominally a Democrat means the Republicans can't brag about taking over a long-time Democratic seat. But otherwise, it does not change the balance of power in Congress.

electoralvote.com

I already posted the facts about Rand Paul, but take a look at his video from the Rachel Maddow show last night.

Edited by Cleo's Mom

You ask a right winger to watch Rachel Maddow? They'll explode and self-destruct before they get through one of her broadcasts.

You ask a right winger to watch Rachel Maddow? They'll explode and self-destruct before they get through one of her broadcasts.

:laugh:

Everyone should watch it as this is the face of the teaparty:

The Rachel Maddow Show - Rachel Maddow's interview with Rand Paul 5/19

And this is who some want to elect more of? (I think I'll make that my third mantra after: without hypocrisy the republicans would have nothing and regulate, baby, regulate)

Everyone should watch it as this is the face of the teaparty:

The Rachel Maddow Show - Rachel Maddow's interview with Rand Paul 5/19

-------------------------------------------------------

What an incredible coward!! He states private businesses should not be subject to anti-segregation laws but refused to answer the question whether he would agree with restaurant owners refusing to serve blacks or gays. Just another fast talking conservative who refuses to acknowledge his racism. This guy is going down in flames on this.

A study conducted by the University of Washington found that Tea Party Movement supporters were statistically more likely to be racially resentful than the population as a whole.

In a February 19, 2010, column in the Wall Street Journal Karl Rove suggested that Tea Party movement disassociate itself from the militia movement, 'birthers', 9/11 deniers, cranks and conspiracy nuts. He should have added racists to this list.

A study conducted by the University of Washington found that Tea Party Movement supporters were statistically more likely to be racially resentful than the population as a whole.

In a February 19, 2010, column in the Wall Street Journal Karl Rove suggested that Tea Party movement disassociate itself from the militia movement, 'birthers', 9/11 deniers, cranks and conspiracy nuts. He should have added racists to this list.

Who would be left?

Ari says,

Sources or didn't happen.

What didn't happen?

Your candidate didn't fudge when asked if he believes in the civil rights act regarding discrimination in a place of business or Paul didn't just make history by being the first candidate to win and lose an election within 48 hours because of his EXTREME stand on civil rights?

Maybe you didn't see it on the comedy channel, but its all over the rest of the REAL news and the internet.

No sources needed for nonsense from loonies. Any yahoo can find that out.

Who would be left?

------------------------------------------

Good one Leigha. LMAO!! :laugh: