Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you a man, a woman or something else?

What is your gender?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is your gender?

• Male
    • Female
    • Other

Well, there were lots of rude and arrogant comments on this topic. She was hardly alone and I do believe she simply responded to the question she was asked. Seems to me that something other than that is going on. But I'm checking out of this one.

Her intentions were not as innocent as they may appear. Her character is more obvious in this response from another thread: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/help-boss-announces-whole-staff-about-surgery-108319/#post1395573

It was not kstate that upset the hive, it was Mickey Mouse saying the "other" is offensive.

Well, there were lots of rude and arrogant comments on this topic. She was hardly alone and I do believe she simply responded to the question she was asked. Seems to me that something other than that is going on. But I'm checking out of this one.

She called someone an idiot lol, I think that takes the crown for "rude". It is obvious she thought she was more educated than everyone else on the topic, when in fact she wasn't. But she did stop talking eventually (most likely because she realized she wasn't the only one who has ever gone to school in their life) so I guess we can thank her for that.

She called someone an idiot lol, I think that takes the crown for "rude". It is obvious she thought she was more educated than everyone else on the topic, when in fact she wasn't. But she did stop talking eventually (most likely because she realized she wasn't the only one who has ever gone to school in their life) so I guess we can thank her for that.

I am truly more educated on this topic than many people, including you I guarantee. I called hummingbird an idiot because she was acting like one, as stated in my response to her mocking my higher education.

Since when did a college education become devalued? Since other people became jealous?

I did exactly what I was asked to do, educate all the igorant biased individuals about intersexed individuals and responded accordingly when I was attacked for doing so.

Her intentions were not as innocent as they may appear. Her character is more obvious in this response from another thread: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/help-boss-announces-whole-staff-about-surgery-108319/#post1395573

It was not kstate that upset the hive, it was Mickey Mouse saying the "other" is offensive.

First of all....how is that post relevant? And second of all, if it is, then what do you see wrong with it? Nobody else on that thread thought anything of it.

I am truly more educated on this topic than many people, including you I guarantee. I called hummingbird an idiot because she was acting like one, as stated in my response to her mocking my higher education.

Since when did a college education become devalued? Since other people became jealous?

I did exactly what I was asked to do, educate all the igorant biased individuals about intersexed individuals and responded accordingly when I was attacked for doing so.

And you can guarantee that you are more educated on this topic how? You have not asked me about my college training nor have I said anything about it. The only thing I commented on was your rudeness and holier-than-thou attitude.

Feel free to live your life feeling above everyone else, just be aware that you come off as arrogant and actually look less educated because of it. Someone with so much college training would have certainly learned their manners by now, right? Did you miss that class?

Anyway, we are straying from the original topic once again. I marked my gender and should probably move along now. :w00t:

You seem to make an assumption that college is the only place to learn. A College Education is one form of learning. Life experience is another. From one you get a piece of paper, from the other you get nothing other than self knowledge.

On this topic, you certainly have been formally taught and textbook educated. That does not make you the most intelligent or the most knowledgable.

I see you are still young, at 22 years old I felt I knew more than older people. Someday, you will see that you don't.

Good luck to you on your journey in life. I hope your band and your education make you successful and happy in life.

TJ

Edited by tarajim

I learned those things in my FIRST semester, not in the 500-600 higher-than-thou levels. But, I try not to belittle total strangers by demanding they be "educated" by me. But, she will maybe learn those things with maturity in about 20 years and when she gets her nose out of the air. I've had her on my ignore list for a long time now so I don't have to see any more arrogant and haughty comments ..............move on.

It's a wonderful thing. I can't even see the ones she posted here.

First of all....how is that post relevant? And second of all, if it is, then what do you see wrong with it? Nobody else on that thread thought anything of it.

The great thing about penis envy is that you don't have to be schooled to recognize it.

The great thing about penis envy is that you don't have to be schooled to recognize it.

If you believe in Freud, than you are far worse off than I thought!

You seem to make an assumption that college is the only place to learn. A College Education is one form of learning. Life experience is another. From one you get a piece of paper, from the other you get nothing other than self knowledge.

On this topic, you certainly have been formally taught and textbook educated. That does not make you the most intelligent or the most knowledgable.

I see you are still young, at 22 years old I felt I knew more than older people. Someday, you will see that you don't.

Good luck to you on your journey in life. I hope your band and your education make you successful and happy in life.

TJ

Thank you, and I do have personal and life experience in the area of intersexed individuals. I volunteer at two community organizations that cater to these delicate issues, and I am also an advocate for the LGBTQ community and an official ally for the campus SafeZone support services.

I stand behind my comment that I am truly more intelligent and more educated than MOST of the people on this forum in many areas, and especially on this exact topic. Thanks again.

I learned those things in my FIRST semester, not in the 500-600 higher-than-thou levels. But, I try not to belittle total strangers by demanding they be "educated" by me. But, she will maybe learn those things with maturity in about 20 years and when she gets her nose out of the air. I've had her on my ignore list for a long time now so I don't have to see any more arrogant and haughty comments ..............move on.

It's a wonderful thing. I can't even see the ones she posted here.

If you knew all about intersexuality, why would you act so completely disrespectful and igorant about the subject? And furthermore you litterally asked for the "education" that I gave you, and then had nothing to say once I did, except for personal attacks on my character and education that you so clearly have not obtained.

Anyone ever feel completely embarrassed for someone who doesn't know when to shut up?

Yep! All the time! Especially the people who attack others for having an education and knowing more about a subject than they do...but they keep replying and demonstrating their lack of intelligence!

wow, this is too funny! People getting upset over pretty much nothing. Some people identify as male or female, others feel they are somewhere in between or even outside, i.e. "other".

Like what's your race: black, white, or other...I usually pick other because I'm black, white, indian, irish, mexican, and who knows what else!

It's a poll...in other words answer it how you feel or don't answer at all.