Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 14, 2009 Bandsters...where are you?!

I`m doing Jan 12, 2010 as my surgery date. I can`t believe how its possible to get through (Bandsters Hell)! Just my second day of the 7 day pre-op full liquid diet and I`m starving. Can`t sleep cause I`m hungry and getting headaches too. Doing the 35 G high Protein Shakes and sugar free pudding and Jello but.....still crazy hungry. Then 4 more weeks post-op of the same? The surgery is the easy part the 5 weeks of liquid fasting is the real monster!

I`m doing Jan 12, 2010 as my surgery date. I can`t believe how its possible to get through (Bandsters Hell)! Just my second day of the 7 day pre-op full liquid diet and I`m starving. Can`t sleep cause I`m hungry and getting headaches too. Doing the 35 G high Protein shakes and sugar free pudding and Jello but.....still crazy hungry. Then 4 more weeks post-op of the same? The surgery is the easy part the 5 weeks of liquid fasting is the real monster!

holy crap.. did you say 4 more weeks of liquids AFTER surgery? I think I may faint.

Hi guys! I am scheduled for my surgery on the 15th but no one replied to my post, so may I join yours?? :(

Of course! Welcome!

Ok folks. I just made a Soup from my "Before & After" book. OMG.. it was FANTASTIC!! I don't normally like spicy foods really, in fact, I'm a picky eater. Here's the recipe, you'll be SO suprised! I ate 1/2 cup and I'm about ready to pop I'm so full!! Going to have the rest for lunch tomorrow (that is.. what is left after the kids and hubby eat it, they loved it too - even the picky one!)

Creamy Black Bean Soup

(nope, never had black Beans before either)

Calories 62

Fat 2.5 grams

carbs 7.5 grams

Protein 3.5 grams

Makes 6 cups

1 tb olive oil

1 small onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

one 15 oz black Beans, canned, rinsed and drained

3 cups chicken broth

1/2 cup mild roasted-tomato salsa (never had that before either)

salt and pepper

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (I used fat free and it was awesome)

shredded cheese, chopped cilantro and sliced green onions for serving.

Heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add in everything above sour cream. Bring to boil, reduce and simmer 10 mins. With an immersion blender, blend. Before serving, wisk in the sour cream. top with the cheese, cilantro and onion.

It's awesome!

Of course! Welcome!

Ok folks. I just made a Soup from my "Before & After" book. OMG.. it was FANTASTIC!! I don't normally like spicy foods really, in fact, I'm a picky eater. Here's the recipe, you'll be SO suprised! I ate 1/2 cup and I'm about ready to pop I'm so full!! Going to have the rest for lunch tomorrow (that is.. what is left after the kids and hubby eat it, they loved it too - even the picky one!)

Creamy Black Bean Soup

(nope, never had black Beans before either)

Calories 62

Fat 2.5 grams

carbs 7.5 grams

Protein 3.5 grams

Makes 6 cups

1 tb olive oil

1 small onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

one 15 oz black Beans, canned, rinsed and drained

3 cups chicken broth

1/2 cup mild roasted-tomato salsa (never had that before either)

salt and pepper

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream (I used fat free and it was awesome)

shredded cheese, chopped cilantro and sliced green onions for serving.

Heat oil and saute garlic and onion. Add in everything above sour cream. Bring to boil, reduce and simmer 10 mins. With an immersion blender, blend. Before serving, wisk in the sour cream. top with the cheese, cilantro and onion.

It's awesome!

Sounds yummy--do you get the roasted-tomato salsa in a regular store?

Actually since I've never had salsa before (that picky thing again) i just picked up Kroger brand Salsa and went with that. It wasn't exactly what was on the label, but I figured I wouldn't know anyway!

Actually since I've never had salsa before (that picky thing again) i just picked up Kroger brand Salsa and went with that. It wasn't exactly what was on the label, but I figured I wouldn't know anyway!

Thanks!!! Going to try it this weekend!

Just-Ice, Just wanted to clarify my previous post. My surgeon has a 4 week post-op diet thats not (all) liquids. First 3 days post-op (clear) liquids, next 10 days (full liquids) yummy Protein Shakes and cream Soups "ggrrr"followed by 2 more weeks of experimenting with purree foods, baby foods, cottage cheese, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad (all without celery). Weeks 3 & 4 seem almost do able, but post-op week 1 & 2 are going to be rough.

I am scheduled for surgery on the 14th too. Day 7 of the liquid diet, I didn't think I would be able to make it this far. The first few days were tough but I'm okay with it now.The weekends seems to be a bit harder for me. I'm drininkg Protein Shakes and eating veggies, Water and crystal light. I can't wait unitl I get to mushy foods.

I am being banded on the 15th. I was wondering if any of you are having a hard time distinguishing between 'head' hunger and actual hunger? I am on day 6 of my pre-op diet, and it took me yesterday to realize how much my head was telling me I was hungry instead of my stomach.

Also, are any of you seeing a large weight loss, or only a few pounds so far?

~ Katie :tt1:

I am being banded on the 15th. I was wondering if any of you are having a hard time distinguishing between 'head' hunger and actual hunger? I am on day 6 of my pre-op diet, and it took me yesterday to realize how much my head was telling me I was hungry instead of my stomach.

Also, are any of you seeing a large weight loss, or only a few pounds so far?

~ Katie :frown:

Yes had hard time at first between head and actual, but this pre-op has helped trained me--on day 10 today. By following dietician's plan to eat something every 2hrs, it has cut head hunger. I know if I am hungry before my next 2hrs, it is my head--usually head is triggered by smell or something. When I actually am hungry, really my stomach growling is the only way I know--I am not thinking about food, you know what I mean?

I dropped very fast my first week--16lbs!:) but the second week it has slowed down and have lost about 4lbs--but hey 20lbs in 9 days, I will take it!:w00t:

Edited by shadst8

I'm scheduled for Friday the 15th! I'm excited, nervous, you name it! I'm on day 7 of the pre-op diet and have lost 15 lbs! The first 3 days were horrible but now I'm doing great! I've definitely started listening to my stomach and not my mind! Good luck to everyone!!! :blink:

Lets do this!

weight.png

Hi,

Did you mean 2010? That's my date.

Hello Everyone-

I'm on the schedule to get banded on the 14th of January also. Only a couple more days now! I'm not nervous about the surgery, just ready to get on with the post-op festivities and broth eating!

Good luck to everyone else getting the band this week. It's not going to be a piece of cake, but if we give each other enough support, ideas, and inspiration, we'll do great!

Greg

Today was pretty rough for me...i dont think i was ready for how hard the clear liquid thing really was! And i have 2 more days to go. I have been straining the eggs out of egg drop soup...and that has been wonderful. (i hope thats ok...as long as you can see through it right?) I tried doing the Isopure drinks. And I know some people rave about them, but they are just not for me. It leaves that chalky feeling on the tongue. And I bought 6 of them...blah! The 7 full liquid days really werent that bad though... didnt think I'd actually look forward to going back to full liquids. LOL! How much time are you guys planning to take off? Have you found any full liquid recipes that have helped you out or you are gonna be trying soon? And yep..this thread should have said 2010. I never gave it a second thought...heck, I am still signing checks 2009. Good Luck to you all and let us know how your surgery goes and how you are doing.

Today was pretty rough for me...i dont think i was ready for how hard the clear liquid thing really was! And i have 2 more days to go. I have been straining the eggs out of egg drop soup...and that has been wonderful. (i hope thats ok...as long as you can see through it right?) I tried doing the Isopure drinks. And I know some people rave about them, but they are just not for me. It leaves that chalky feeling on the tongue. And I bought 6 of them...blah! The 7 full liquid days really werent that bad though... didnt think I'd actually look forward to going back to full liquids. LOL! How much time are you guys planning to take off? Have you found any full liquid recipes that have helped you out or you are gonna be trying soon? And yep..this thread should have said 2010. I never gave it a second thought...heck, I am still signing checks 2009. Good Luck to you all and let us know how your surgery goes and how you are doing.

Hang in there with those clear liquids:thumbup: I am planning to take a week from work, but I have told my job that it may be the following week as well.