Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in october--updates please

Would love to hear how October bandsters are doing. I was banded October 27 and have had one fill. I dropped most of the weight 6 months before but I am still very very slowly losing. I do have my appetite back and am still pretty much using dieting to stay on track. I got to Weight Watchers for support. I realize it'll be a couple of fills before restriction also helps with appetite.

My recovery went very smoothly- I didn't need pain meds and the 5 scars have healed well. I am very glad I did this as it has already helped my mood.

I was banded October 14th. Have lost 25 since surgery with an overall of 52. I had my first fill last week, 3 cc. in Realize Band. I don't feel like I have any restriction yet. I don't feel hungry but feel that I could eat more than I should at a time. I am scheduled in January for my next fill. My recovery went very well and I had no complications. I have started an exercise program within the past few weeks that I am committed to, walking the treadmill 3x or 4x a week. I am very pleased with my progress. I am struggling with "head hunger" especially when I am due for my period. Trying to drink tea or focus on a positive activity so that I don't eat during those times. I am surprised that I have tried various foods (bread, Pasta etc) and have had no issues with anything yet.

I also had surgery Oct 14th and all together I have lost 23 lbs, but I gained back 4lbs of that. I had my first fill last month and second fill dec 7th I feel a lil more restriction since my first fill and lost 4lbs. I just started curves last wk will be going mon-thur trying hard to eat healthier, but it get's hard for me. I also could eat anything until my first fill. I now have trouble if the bread isn't toasted and rice seemed to get a lil stuck if I don't eat it slow enough and chew it well. I alse need to learn to not let myself get hungry or I will over eat and fill misirble. Hopefully with this workout I will see more results.

Hey there! I too, was banded in 10/14 with a 10 Lap Band.

I had my first fill 11/5 of 4 ccs and my second fill last week of 1 cc.

It has been a little difficult at times, I feel like I can eat a bunch- almost like before. I also see people who had surgery around the same time as me losing WAY more weight...but if I look at my weekly average it is 2-3 lbs per week so I am happy with that.

I think I am feeling more restriction now..but can most definitley eat more that 3/4 cup of food. So...not yet at my "sweet spot"

I am interested to hear how everyone else in October is doing too.

I need a good kick in the butt to get my excerise going...with the Holidays it has been particulary difficult.

Had my surgery on the 19th of October. Since then I've gained 13lbs and I am a complete and total mess. I didn't really have food obsession issues until after I got the band but now I'm a freakin nut job! I had my first fill last week and I'm having another on Wednesday so hopefully I'll start to get some restriction because I have none at the moment. It basically feels like I never had surgery at all, except for the scars, which are still a wee bit itchy. I'm sure things will improve but, in the meantime, I am avoiding my mother like the plague lest I be on the receiving end of another screaming hissy fit. She let the first one fly a few weeks after my surgery when she realised my weight wasn't dropping like a rock like it did on the pre-op diet. She got all excited and then she was disappointed when reality didn't measure up to her made up expectations.

I am sorry you have having such a hard time...I think it will for sure get better when you start getting fills.

In the meantime your mom needs to chill and try to encourage you a bit more.....

I'm sure with the right fill you will be fine- it seems until then many people gain or don't lose. I find attending Weight Watchers helps remind me to eat correctly. Let us know how you do after the fill.Good luck!

I had surgery on Oct. 26th and since surgery have lost 12 lbs. Overall I've lost 32 lbs. I had my first fill on the 2nd and felt no difference. I called my doctor and I go in Wed. for another fill. I have been very discouraged lately, as it seems like I can eat way more than I am supposed to. I also let myself get too hungry and then over eat and feel depressed and uncomfortable. Everyone around me knows I had surgery so the questions about how much I have lost and how much I can eat are constantly flying. I have not been eating very healthy foods and haven't been exercising either. My exercise buddy returns from a vacation this week, so I am hoping I can kick that back in gear.

I do feel better knowing I am not the only one struggling, but it would sure be nice if none of us had to feel this way. Hopefully with time and more fills it will get better.

I was banded on October 15th and have lost 28 lbs, most of it post surgery. I had a 4cc fill in an 11 cc REALIZE band a week ago today and do not feel much restriction at all. I go back for fill #2 in early Jan. I am tickled to death with my progress, but would love to feel more restriction. However, I am learning more everyday that the band is not a cure all, but a tool to help me manage my eating, but it won't make the urge go away.

I am proud of all of us October bandsters who have taken that HUGE step in our weight loss journey of having our surgery. Good luck to all adn have a Merry Christmas.

I was banded october 10th. My weight ticker is not up to date I cant remember how to update it. I have lost 11 kg so about 25 pounds I think since surgery. I have an 11cc band with 8cc in it right now. I have a little bit of restriction ( just got 3 cc put in 3 days ago) but hoping the saline will settle giving me more restriction so I can get in full gear for weight loss. Doing well but I am still struggling with the head hunger and stomach hunger debates daily.

I was banded Oct 27th and got first fill today, 4cc's. I feel a small amount of restriction. But not much. If I drink too fast it is noticeable.

total loss thus far is 37pounds.

I was banded Oct 7 ( I think), 2009 and have lost 24 pounds so far. Absolutely no restriction and I can eat whatever I want and can eat almost as much as I want to. Having a hard time with cravings, and comfort eating but I am trying. Exercise is so-so, there are days when I just want to relax after work. But I am trying. My second fill is on Wednesday, and I am hoping for some restriction but I am also a little scared. I dont want to be too tight and family is coming to visit on Thursday! They havent been here for a year and I dont want to feel like an exhibit in a museum.

Does your family know you had the surgery? I only told one sister and a couple of friends so as to avoid answering questions about how it was working.

I had my first fill (3cc and already had 3.4cc at surgery) and am looking forward to my 2nd fill in early January. Not much restriction but I have been able to either take off a lb a week or stay steady by doing the treadmill 4 times a week, walking 3.5 mph for 45 min.

I'm a little concerned that I already have 6.4 cc and arent close to where I need to be regarding the restriction.:thumbup:

I was banded October 20th. I think my ticker is up to date....I am at 211 right now. I had my first fill on November 16th. I have 5.8cc in right now. I felt some restriction for a few weeks & dropped 4# but I have been stuck since then. My second fill is tomorrow. I tend to be a tad discouraged but if I look at it as a whole I do feel a little better.

I did get some encouraging news at my last appointment that I would like to share with everyone struggling. There was a woman at the clinic who had lap band & I overheard that it was her 1 year appt. She looked great! I spoke with her for quite a while. She lost 95 pounds in her 1st year. She shared with me that there was a point after surgery that she gained 14 pounds. Once she finally had proper restriction the weight came off! I found this very encouraging! :thumbup: