Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I get another fill

I got my second fill last Thursday and started back on solids yesterday. I ate my 1/2 cup portions and felt hungry in about 15 minutes. Luckily my surgeon will give you fills as often as necessary. Should I go ahead and schedule another fill or should I wait a bit. I don't know if I should wait to see if it kicks in or would it have done it already? Also. I don't have to pay for any of my fills between now and the end of the year.

Greg

I got my second fill last Thursday and started back on solids yesterday. I ate my 1/2 cup portions and felt hungry in about 15 minutes. Luckily my surgeon will give you fills as often as necessary. Should I go ahead and schedule another fill or should I wait a bit. I don't know if I should wait to see if it kicks in or would it have done it already? Also. I don't have to pay for any of my fills between now and the end of the year.

Greg

I haven't figured out what hunger has to do with any of this because while your little pouch will give you a full feeling, the reality is that your 'stomach' is still empty. It strikes me that you can have a 'full' pouch and still have a stomach that's growling and grumbling for food because it's empty.

I'm never hungry so my criteria for getting a fill would be whether or not I can still eat to excess, not whether I'm hungry.

Sorry I wasn't more help. :thumbup:

Elfiepoo, I asked about the empty lower stomach deal in one of my pre-op classes. It sounded like a bit of torture..lol The nurse told me that there's a nerve at the top of the stomach (couldn't it be at the bottom?) that sends a signal to your brain that you've had enough to eat. With good restriction, food should be held long enough in the small 4 ounce pouch to signal the brain that we've had enough to eat. At least that's what I was told.

Greg, it sounds to me like you could still use another adjustment. I think twice, but maybe only once, I got a fill within two weeks, because it was quite clear to me that I wasn't getting good enough restriction and was hungry soon after eating. It wouldn't hurt to schedule, and then cancel if you start to feel like your getting better hunger control.

Since you have only had one fill and your doc will let you get another, I say go for it. The sooner you reach adequate restriction the sooner you will see results.

Kiz,

your advice to Elfiepoo is exactly what I learned too.

I agree, I didn't feel restriction until after my 2nd fill. My band hold 5 cc's and I'm at 4 right now. I'm scheduling another fill for next month and wanting maybe half a cc this time. I'm hoping for my seet spot!

Do what your body tells you to do, everyone is different. Good luck

Go for it. You can always schedule a unfill.

It sounds like you need a fill. I might too.

Perhaps someone who has been doing this longer can tell us, how long is the satisfaction/fullness after eating supposed to last before you feel hunger again?

My nutritionist said I would feel hunger but this is pretty soon after eating and very intense. Yesterday I noticed I was hungry 3.5 hours after lunch. This morning, it was more like 2.5 hours after Breakfast that I felt physical hunger, not just head hunger. It's now a few minutes after noon and I am ravenous.

Perhaps someone who has been doing this longer can tell us, how long is the satisfaction/fullness after eating supposed to last before you feel hunger again?...

My doctor's goal was satiety for 3+ hours after eating a solid meal 1/2 cup meal. A sample meal to test would be 3 oz chicken and 1 oz broccoli (measured to a total of 1/2 cup). Different doctors have different recommendations though. Some want you to eat more often, and others want you to have bigger meals.

I think you should have another fill, :) I have been at the same fill for the past 11 mths which is 5cc and notice that no more weight is coming off and bad thing i gained 5-7 lbs going in for a fill today 4pm.