Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

Hi Illum Lady, thanks for the info on the pre-op class. I met with my dietician a few weeks ago. Monday will be my pre-op with my surgeon for last minute instructions. I also start my pre-op diet that day.

Two weeks from today! By this time, I'll be home recovering. I'm really starting to think about what foods I want in the house after the surgery, like broth, Jello, apple sauce, etc. I am not a milk drinker, so I may have to go and buy some Protein powder to mix with milk and maybe some sugar free chocolate Syrup and make a thin milk shake. I gag when I drink milk, thus I don't drink it.

This thread is for peeps banded or being banded in December of 2009.

so how did your pre op go???? it wasn/t bad , i am getting nervous now ,but in same sens i am ready. monday is the day

So glad this is here and we can all share stories.

Just wanted to let you all know about another website I like called beforeandafterhelp.com

The person that runs it wrote a book called Before and After by Susan Leach. It has quite a bit of recipies to use during various stages of your journey and I look forward to trying them all out.

Hi Illum Lady, I'm really starting to think about what foods I want in the house after the surgery, like broth, Jello, apple sauce, etc. I am not a milk drinker, so I may have to go and buy some Protein powder to mix with milk and maybe some sugar free chocolate Syrup and make a thin milk shake. I gag when I drink milk, thus I don't drink it.

I've been shopping here and there. I have purchased toddler plates, bowls and utensils. I also bought sippy cups. Today I bought Cream of Wheat (never had it before). I previously purchased Tomato Soups and cream of chicken Soup (the kind you stick in the microwave). I also bought chewable adult Vitimans. They're made by Viativ. I bought the Calcium chews too. They're chocolate! :w00t: I am beginning to make lists also that have been scribbled on pads of paper and in my mind. I, too, want an environment I will do well in!!!

so how did your pre op go???? it wasn/t bad , i am getting nervous now ,but in same sens i am ready. monday is the day

Six viles of blood, a tiny bit of urine and an EKG later I'm ready! Thanks for askin'.

I'm two days post op and the gas definitely got to me. It has been much worse than the pain. I forgot to purchase gas-x and just got back in the country. Everyone remember your gas-x!!!

I'm two days post op and the gas definitely got to me. It has been much worse than the pain. I forgot to purchase gas-x and just got back in the country. Everyone remember your gas-x!!!

Where did you go to have your surgery?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group -- I was just banded yesterday. I didn't stay overnight in the hospital. I've been moving around some today, but am very tired. I'm taking Percocet for pain and that helps. A heating pad on my belly really helps. I'm sipping Water, Crystal Light and sugar-free ice pops. Those feel really good on a dry throat. Looking forward to feeling more like myself in the upcoming days!

I got mine on Monday. Like SharSHar, I had a couple days of dry throat and I am a little sore but I really feel good, considering! There is a lot of gas and my tummy talks to me all day long. The GasX strips do help, though.

I am having some confusion over what to eat but I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow and ask them. They put me on what they call "full liquids" today. Their list includes oatmeal and grits and cream of wheat as well as applesauce and puddings/yogurts. I would consider those mushies and, since I am not scheduled for another diet change (to real food) on January 8, I am assuming that mushies are cool. I asked the hospital nurse who said they don't really do a separate mushies phase because you can chew anything for a long time and make it mushy. I even had some mashed turnips tonight and feel fine. But I want to make sure so I will call tomorrow.

I loved my surgeon and everyone at the hospital. My room was so comfortable that I kept calling it "the hotel". All in all, it was a good experience.

I can definitely feel when I have had enough to eat or drink and notice a big difference in fullness when I stand up after eating.

I love the feeling I have of not being a slave to food. For the past 25 years, I have not spent one day not worried about my weight or food. I feel like the pressure has been lifted from my life. Yeah, I am still fat but I am doing something about it so I can let those guilty thoughts pass right through my brain and keep going with my life. What a relief!

My surgery was yesterday. The (gas) pain in my shoulder is mostly gone now but the tummy pain is still hanging around. I dont like to take pain meds during the day because they make me feel "fuzzy", but I guess I'll need to...

Thanks SharShar for the heating pad idea.

Congrats to everyone who has been banded! I'm so jealous. My time will come soon enough though. I start the pre-op diet on Monday. Hope everyone keeps doing well, and keep us all updated on your progress!

Linda, I hope the heating pad helps! I also feel fuzzy from pain meds, so I'm going to try Tylenol today. I am still pretty tired too. I don't feel hungry at all -- I'm on Clear Liquids today and maybe tomorrow too, then full liquids (anything that can fit through a funnel). I'm not having any issues with gas, but my neck and upper chest have "muscular achiness" -- kind of like I worked out too hard. Maybe that's from being in a weird position during surgery.

I had my surgery on Wednesday and got home yesterday morning. Everyone at the False Creek Surgery Centre in Vancouver was wonderful!

I needed extra drugs during the surgery so it took me a long time to come to. I also had some difficulty breathing, but I have asthma, and general anxiety disorde, so that was probably what caused it. Anyway they took excellent care of me and made me as comfortable as possible.

I had pain at my port site and I guess the gas pain in my right shoulder for a couple of days but that has disappated now and I've cut down on the pain killers.

The first night was kind of rough as I couldn't really find a comfortable position to sleep in but last night was much better.

I'm doing well with the liquids and everything seems to be moving along, so all is well.

I'm so excited that I'm now on my way-bestwishes to everyone who's surgery is coming up soon!:w00t:

Hi Ann. I had my procedure done in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Miguel Zapata.

Glad you are feeling better! Good luck with your goal, I am going to Tijuana on the 9th, thanks for the Gas-X reminder:)