Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for those who started with BMI 35 or less

Just got my 2nd fill today and boy am I tight. 4cc in 10 cc band. Hopefully it doesn't disappear. When I went in to get a fill today I was by the the "smallest person" there and people think I've had gastric a while back instead of just starting this process.

Good advice on being prepared and the bite size. And the resting b/t bites. I just would like to get under 200 soon. Exercise here I come!

Just got my 2nd fill today and boy am I tight. 4cc in 10 cc band. Hopefully it doesn't disappear. When I went in to get a fill today I was by the the "smallest person" there and people think I've had gastric a while back instead of just starting this process.

Good advice on being prepared and the bite size. And the resting b/t bites. I just would like to get under 200 soon. Exercise here I come!

My 2nd fill only stayed around for a week, hope yours will be longer, but don't get discouraged if it doesn't, mine took 4 before it stayed around :wink:

How can it disappear? Where does the fill go to?

When you first get a fill, you are swollen for a little while. Then as the swelling goes down, you may find that you did not really have restriction but were noticing the swelling instead. Also, as you lose weight, and your fat goes away, you will need more fill to take up the space from the weight loss. Personally, I think I have just become used to the restriction, and now feel like I can eat more, so I have another fill scheduled. Some bands in fact do leak. I don't have any personal experience with this but have read about it in forums. The other thing that may happen, is that two weeks after a fill, the band may feel much tighter than before making a partial unfil necessary. I worried about this because I got my first fill two weeks before I went on a trip. It ended up being fine, but I probably should have planned a little better. I got a fairly aggressive fill my first time, 2cc in a 4cc band. It ended up being perfect. I need to just trust my doc I guess....... Hugs!!!!:wink:

Gosh - so nice to finally hear stories... I've gone from 39.4 to a BMI of 31.3, but I've always been really fit and muscular, so I didn't look or feel as obese as the number say. I've lost 50 lbs exactly as of today, and probably only about 6 lbs in the last 3 months. Things are slow and I've really got to work hard to take off every single pound. My newest secret that seems to be working is consistent snacking on Brazil nuts... I eat about 20 over the course of the day, but I think part of my problem is that I'm really tight in the mornings, so Breakfast is really really hard... then my body thinks that I'm starving myself and holds onto every pound. It's been a difficult journey just figuring out how not to PB too -- there was a period where I was throwing up almost every day, but now I've got it down to about once every 2 weeks. Usually when I'm stressed.

More stories please! they're so motivational.

Gosh - so nice to finally hear stories... I've gone from 39.4 to a BMI of 31.3, but I've always been really fit and muscular, so I didn't look or feel as obese as the number say. I've lost 50 lbs exactly as of today, and probably only about 6 lbs in the last 3 months. Things are slow and I've really got to work hard to take off every single pound. My newest secret that seems to be working is consistent snacking on Brazil nuts... I eat about 20 over the course of the day, but I think part of my problem is that I'm really tight in the mornings, so Breakfast is really really hard... then my body thinks that I'm starving myself and holds onto every pound. It's been a difficult journey just figuring out how not to PB too -- there was a period where I was throwing up almost every day, but now I've got it down to about once every 2 weeks. Usually when I'm stressed.

More stories please! they're so motivational.

I have PBd very little, and when I did, it was from eating too fast. I actually have to get up from the table between bites. I throw a load of laundry in, or pick up around the house. I only eat 1/2 cup of food at a time now, but it still takes me about 30 mins to eat it. I stay full 3-4 hrs on 1/2 cup most of the time.

As far as being tight in the mornings, I have started embracing and taking advantage of it. I used to be a huge breakfast eater, I would eat a weeks worth of calories in one breakfast before being banded. Now I sip Isopure in the mornings and wait to have my breakfast around 10:30- 11. As long as I get the calories in by the end of the day, I don't think my body cares when I actually ate it :confused:

I was banded 12/09/2009 starting 35 BMI weight 274 lbs now at 238 lbs the first month lost over 35lbs without any adjustment only some walking. I am going for my first fill this friday. The only thing that was very painful was the gas left in your body cavity after the surgery but your body will get rid of it if you continue walking.... It is worth it

Good Luck

:confused:

I got my 3rd fill yesterday. I now have 5.5 in my 10cc band and WOW I finally feel it!

Breakfast today was horrible, I tried a yogurt with blueberries and it took an hour, one blueberry at a time. Then around 3pm I felt hungry but was too nervous to try to eat so I had a Protein shake. About an hour later I had a 1/4 of my sons turkey sandwitch ... ver slow but it went down fine and I am full. For dinner tonight I am planning a peice of white fish and thats all.

I figure now that I FEEL IT I better go slow.

I got my 3rd fill yesterday. I now have 5.5 in my 10cc band and WOW I finally feel it!

Breakfast today was horrible, I tried a yogurt with blueberries and it took an hour, one blueberry at a time. Then around 3pm I felt hungry but was too nervous to try to eat so I had a Protein shake. About an hour later I had a 1/4 of my sons turkey sandwitch ... ver slow but it went down fine and I am full. For dinner tonight I am planning a peice of white fish and thats all.

I figure now that I FEEL IT I better go slow.

They had me do liquids for a day, then mushies for a day before eating solids. If you end up having any trouble, you might want to do 12 hours of liquids.....

Hi all! I've been away from the site for a while! I wanted to let you know that I had my 2nd fill and I have 7cc in my 10cc band! I hope this will be the final fill but we will see! I have lost 22 pounds so far and I'm 8 weeks post op.

I just had my surgery a week from yesterday, and I'm in Kansas, too! I went to Dr. Hitchcock at Malley Surgical, where did you go? My starting BMI was 34.9, and I've lost over 12 lbs. Yay for bands!

WOW 7 cc's seems like a lot, I am at 5.5 in my 10cc band and am feeling very tight...how are you feeling after your 7cc's??

Hi all! I've been away from the site for a while! I wanted to let you know that I had my 2nd fill and I have 7cc in my 10cc band! I hope this will be the final fill but we will see! I have lost 22 pounds so far and I'm 8 weeks post op.

Silly - I went to Dr. Malley. I'm 8 weeks out from surgery. :thumbup:

Excited - That's what I thought too but before I went in today, I had no idea that I had that much Fluid and I thought I needed a fill because I was able to eat more than I want. But I lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks so I guess it's working pretty well. No PBing, No heartburn.....Maybe I'm already at my sweet spot???

Thats great! I have had a few slimey problems but no pb's or heartburn. I am just very AWARE of my band now...I feel it even with Water. I will have to do better with Water tomorrow...today was hard.

Silly - I went to Dr. Malley. I'm 8 weeks out from surgery. :thumbup:

Excited - That's what I thought too but before I went in today, I had no idea that I had that much Fluid and I thought I needed a fill because I was able to eat more than I want. But I lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks so I guess it's working pretty well. No PBing, No heartburn.....Maybe I'm already at my sweet spot???