Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for those who started with BMI 35 or less

I have lost weight twice really fast in the past and both times i had a huge amount of Hair loss. My mom also followed one of the diets with me ( both high Protein low carb lots of veggies and fruit no sugar etc) and she also lost a lot of hair. Maybe some people dont believe hair loss comes with quick weight loss but I am living proof it can happen

Well it seems to be true for you. It is a discussion that happens on here a lot. I've noticed that even Docs cannot agree so I am sure it won't be resolved any time soon. I also did not lose any hair, but I did lose it a lot after the birth of my children. That is a pretty rapid weight loss if you think about it, but I suspect hormones in my case.

hi,i'm a<35 bmier.the weight loss is very slow very aggravating.i was not on a preop diet .i wish my dr hasd done the Optifast diet.i have about 40lbs. to goal.1 year post band

Cassie, I think you are doing very good!

Well it seems to be true for you. It is a discussion that happens on here a lot. I've noticed that even Docs cannot agree so I am sure it won't be resolved any time soon. I also did not lose any hair, but I did lose it a lot after the birth of my children. That is a pretty rapid weight loss if you think about it, but I suspect hormones in my case.

JoJo

When were you banded? I am told that most lose hair around month three. If you are passed that stage you probably wont have any problems.

JoJo

When were you banded? I am told that most lose hair around month three. If you are passed that stage you probably wont have any problems.

I am three and a half months out but have also been using Nioxin Shampoo and Scalp Therapy. I never expected to lose any. I am sure I won't because the Nioxin prevents it......

A question to my lower bmi buddies......what are you eating? Can you give me some typical days? I need some suggestions especially Breakfast. I was staying satisfied with my morning shake but I am feeling like I need to eat now.......

A question to my lower bmi buddies......what are you eating? Can you give me some typical days? I need some suggestions especially breakfast. I was staying satisfied with my morning shake but I am feeling like I need to eat now.......

Mine is usually either oatmeal ( i know its not band friendly but I really need the Fiber lol)

or

egg white omlete with some mushrooms,onion and a sprinkle of low fat cheese. I love eggs, I could eat that every morning, but I was concerned of the cholestrol so I switched to egg whites.

I can't do the shakes in the mornings, it doesn't keep me full while I am at work :smile2:

Mine is usually either oatmeal ( i know its not band friendly but I really need the fiber lol)

or

egg white omlete with some mushrooms,onion and a sprinkle of low fat cheese. I love eggs, I could eat that every morning, but I was concerned of the cholestrol so I switched to egg whites.

I can't do the shakes in the mornings, it doesn't keep me full while I am at work :smile2:

Actually Eggs have their own built in defense system. They are high in Cholesterol but they are also the highest of any food in lecithin. Lecithin breaks down Cholesterol in the Blood stream. I happen to think they are a bargain in every sense of the word. I eat them.

Flax Meal makes a wonderful hot Cereal with much lower carbs. You just mix it with boiling Water. I mix in a teaspoon of cinnamon and three packets of splenda and a tablespoon of Peanut Butter. Yum!!!

Edited by JoJo1

Hi

I know my BMI was slightly higher than 35 but i just wanted to say that as a relativley low BMI starter i have had no issues with losing and it only took me a year to get to my original goal. I had the band fitted 14 months ago.

Good Luck!

Carrie thanks for the post!

Jojo....thanks for the flax meal info! I add flax sead to steel cut oats but I havent had oatmeal in forever because of all of the carbs. I will look into the meal!

OK....so here is my day so far..

Breakfast: egg white, swiss chard & chicken (about 1/2 cup total)

Snack: 50g Protein 220 cal shake

lunch: peice of turkey meat loaf

snack: stick of string cheese (60 cal)

dinner: another peice of meat loaf ... oh and ketchup of course.

Tonight I will undoubtably have my cup of fat free pudding....

What did you guys eat today??

Ps.....how much did you all start at (weight) and what are you now?

I started at 235.5 and this morning I weighed 198.6 (I havent moved on the scale for 2 weeks)

@so excited....turkey meatloaf? How did you get it to stick? My turkey meatloaf is tasty but it nevers seems to stick! Congrats on your weight loss! I am glad to see those numbers for you.

Carrie thanks for the post!

Jojo....thanks for the flax meal info! I add flax sead to steel cut oats but I havent had oatmeal in forever because of all of the carbs. I will look into the meal!

OK....so here is my day so far..

Breakfast: egg white, swiss chard & chicken (about 1/2 cup total)

Snack: 50g Protein 220 cal shake

lunch: peice of turkey meat loaf

snack: stick of string cheese (60 cal)

dinner: another peice of meat loaf ... oh and ketchup of course.

Tonight I will undoubtably have my cup of fat free pudding....

What did you guys eat today??

Well I don't have any restriction, I can eat everything that I could before, but I won't let myself. I log everything that goes into my mouth and all my exercise.

B ~ oatmeal & boiled egg

S ~ isolpure punch protein

L ~ 1 c meat sauce /spaghetti

s ~ med apple

d ~ 4 oz baked pork chop

s ~ 100 cal. cake

I having been doing the gym everyday so I really need some type of carbs. I know this is TMI but I had alot of probs with Constipation from eating so much protein and hardly any fiber, since I added the oatmeal, its all good now

Ps.....how much did you all start at (weight) and what are you n

I started at 235.5 and this morning I weighed 198.6 (I havent moved on the scale for 2 weeks)

I started @ 209 but I had a month vacation, including 3 wk cruise, I wasn't trying to lose, just maintain and I did! That has never happend on a vacation before! lol

I am stuck @ 185..one lb from my 25 and Mr. Scale is just being stubborn for 2 wks now also :tt1:

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, been so busy.

Anyway, I was a low BMI. My weight was 210 when I started 5'4". I lost 30 lbs doing the shakes prior to surgery. I did it for almost 4 weeks instead of the 2 because I had a very fatty liver and was very nervous that the Dr would nick it.

My insurance approved it because of my health. Since the surgery and weight loss I haven't taken my blood pressure medicine in almost 3 months, haven't had the neuropathy that I used to, the fibromyalgia is not as bad, I can sit on the floor and play with my grandson, and I can walk the mall without stopping at the food court to rest and get something to drink.

My sleep apnea is so much better, I don't nap during the day anymore because I am sleeping through the night and feeling refreshed in the am.

I am down to 158 now, I tell my grandson I lost more than he weighs. I posted on here how I lost my grandson and people didn't like the title. lol

I hope to get down to around 145. Right now I am wearing size 10 comfortably. I was in extremly tight 16's that should have been 18 or 20 before starting.

I did lose alot of hair at the 3 month time. Dr said it was lack of Protein but I really feel it was the shock to my body from surgery. I get between 60 and 75 gms of protein a day between food and a shake before dinner.< /p>

Unfortunately I have had 3 fills already and I still am always hungry. I am fighting with my will power daily but so far I have been winning. I really feel so much better that I don't want to gain the weight back or be heavy anymore so I am watching everything I eat. I haven't had candy or ice cream since my grandson's birthday on Sept. 9.

I keep telling my Dr that I am hungry but he is afraid to give me a bigger fill because I have been losing at least 5 lbs every 2 weeks. I know it is alot too, but I am eating healthier, and about the same amounts as before, just better.

Hi All,

I haven't posted in a while, been so busy.

Anyway, I was a low BMI. My weight was 210 when I started 5'4". I lost 30 lbs doing the shakes prior to surgery. I did it for almost 4 weeks instead of the 2 because I had a very fatty liver and was very nervous that the Dr would nick it.

My insurance approved it because of my health. Since the surgery and weight loss I haven't taken my blood pressure medicine in almost 3 months, haven't had the neuropathy that I used to, the fibromyalgia is not as bad, I can sit on the floor and play with my grandson, and I can walk the mall without stopping at the food court to rest and get something to drink.

My sleep apnea is so much better, I don't nap during the day anymore because I am sleeping through the night and feeling refreshed in the am.

I am down to 158 now, I tell my grandson I lost more than he weighs. I posted on here how I lost my grandson and people didn't like the title. lol

I hope to get down to around 145. Right now I am wearing size 10 comfortably. I was in extremly tight 16's that should have been 18 or 20 before starting.

I did lose alot of hair at the 3 month time. Dr said it was lack of Protein but I really feel it was the shock to my body from surgery. I get between 60 and 75 gms of protein a day between food and a shake before dinner.< /p>

Unfortunately I have had 3 fills already and I still am always hungry. I am fighting with my will power daily but so far I have been winning. I really feel so much better that I don't want to gain the weight back or be heavy anymore so I am watching everything I eat. I haven't had candy or ice cream since my grandson's birthday on Sept. 9.

I keep telling my Dr that I am hungry but he is afraid to give me a bigger fill because I have been losing at least 5 lbs every 2 weeks. I know it is alot too, but I am eating healthier, and about the same amounts as before, just better.

Peggi, your story sounds so much like mine except I have 3 granddaughters. I don't have to use my cpap machine anymore, he took me off my blood pressure meds but my PCP put me back on because my was still a little too high. I am going Wednesday for my 4th fill appt, I sure hope my doctor doesn't say the same as yours because I have zero restriction. I see others on here saying that can't eat this or that. I can literally eat everything I did before banding, I just won't let myself. But to honest, I feel the loss I have so far is from me alone, not the band, not yet.

Edited by nawlinzlady

OK today I had.....

Breakfast: shake 220 cal 50g Protein

Lunch: Piece of bread with teaspoon of Peanut Butter

DO NOT DO THAT! I got so stuck on one bite that I threw away the rest I thought I was going to die! It took about a 1/2 hour to recover from one bite.

Dinner: Piece of steamed orange roughy & scallops, broccoli & some mushroom orzo

And may I ask this.....whats up with my yuckie stuck thing and YET I still ate a big ol dinner and left the table hungry. I dont think I have enough in my band .... I have 3.5cc's in my 10cc band.