Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for those who started with BMI 35 or less

I may have had the same problem as some of the posters here about the Mexican Medical system if I had not known my daughter and one other person who went down there for their surgery. I don't know why American Docs have such a hard time with it other than jealousy but I also know that there are some not so reliable Docs in Mexico. From reading these posts however I am finding that the same is also true of American Docs.

You are exactly right. Good and bad Dr.'s everywhere. I'm so glad you found one you liked and could trust and that was affordable for you. How are you doing with your recovery. I'm feeling great. Problem is I feel zero restriction! I get my first fill January 11th.

You are exactly right. Good and bad Dr.'s everywhere. I'm so glad you found one you liked and could trust and that was affordable for you. How are you doing with your recovery. I'm feeling great. Problem is I feel zero restriction! I get my first fill January 11th.

I am almost three months post band. I had restriction in the beginning and then became able to eat a lot more, so I got a fill about a month ago. I have good restriction now. I still have to stop myself from grazing though, so it would be totally possible to gain it back again if I lost my desire to do this. I have lost 27lbs and feel so much better. People are slowly starting to notice so that is cool. The best part is the smaller jeans are also getting loose... I have 2ccs in a 4cc band. Best of luck to you!!

cat lady, even though I have endured my fair share of complications with my band I would without a doubt do it all over again!! That's what it all comes down to. I would in a heartbeat. I can not live without my band! :)

cat lady, even though I have endured my fair share of complications with my band I would without a doubt do it all over again!! That's what it all comes down to. I would in a heartbeat. I can not live without my band! :)

Ditto!!!!!!!!

I'm not feeling much restriction so I'm trying to really watch myself. It's going to be hard over the next two weeks with Christmas, my Birthday, and New Years. I'm hopeful that I can hold on to my current weight! I get my first fill January 11th.

My starting BMI was about 36. I got banded in June, but my surgeon moves VERY slowly with things. I just got my 3rd fill this week and my weight loss so far is only about 25 pounds. That's okay though. As long as it is moving in a downward direction...I am good. I am hoping to feel some restriction now. I have been eating less, but in no way do I feel like I have restriction. Right now I am on liquids until I can start on mushies. My doc always wants me to stay on liquids for 2 weeks after a fill. After he leaves the room, his nurse comes in and says stay on liqiuds a day or two...then try runny mushies and move up slowly from there. I think that is all planned. The doc just wants to cover his hiney I think.

I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I had been away from here for about a month and since my surgery in early October I have not had a chance to get my first fill. I was actually getting discouraged and thinking to myself that maybe I made a mistake in doing this because I had only lost 12 lbs initially and now I am at 10lbs lost and maintaining. I have been wondering if fills would really make a difference since I was never a really "bad food" eater. My portions have always been smaller than most only because I have never wanted to gain alot more weight.

I feel what some of you have said because I have been dieting or at least not ever given myself the liberty to eat whatever I want since the age of 5. That's why I never reached a higher weight/BMI. Now I see that I need to keep my thoughts positive because alot of you have done this! I just need to get on track and get my first fill already!! Did anyone else have trouble with PBs two months after surgery without any fills? I feel like now I could possibly get my fill because I have not PBd in over two weeks.....any thoughts?

I just want to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. I had been away from here for about a month and since my surgery in early October I have not had a chance to get my first fill. I was actually getting discouraged and thinking to myself that maybe I made a mistake in doing this because I had only lost 12 lbs initially and now I am at 10lbs lost and maintaining. I have been wondering if fills would really make a difference since I was never a really "bad food" eater. My portions have always been smaller than most only because I have never wanted to gain alot more weight.

I feel what some of you have said because I have been dieting or at least not ever given myself the liberty to eat whatever I want since the age of 5. That's why I never reached a higher weight/BMI. Now I see that I need to keep my thoughts positive because alot of you have done this! I just need to get on track and get my first fill already!! Did anyone else have trouble with PBs two months after surgery without any fills? I feel like now I could possibly get my fill because I have not PBd in over two weeks.....any thoughts?

I also have spent way more of my life dieting than not dieting. I do think I have a slower metabolism than most people and I do believe I caused this situation by continuously dieting. Often, these diets were severe starvation type diets. I reached my "sweet spot" finally and even though I worried at first that I might be too tight, I finally settled in and feel like it is ideal. I love this. It has changed my whole attitude about food. I don't have to get on the scale all the time to prove how bad I am. I feel so so much better. If I eat out and leave food on the plate, I am now proud of it. Maybe this sounds weird, but for now I really love it. People are starting to notice my weight loss. One man made me smile all day. He came into my salon for a haircut. He asked me if I remembered an older woman who worked there a couple years ago. I told him it was me, and he did not believe me. I loved that too!! You need to get your fills and stay on top of it. You will feel this way too. Just replace every fearful thought with a positive one and soon you will be on top of the world. Happy New Year to all.......

Hey all! Happy Day after Christmas! I go for my first fill on Monday and I am so nervous and excited! I am ready to jump start this weight loss and loose the rest of my weight!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a low BMI of 32, I got banded on 12/11/09 and have lost 9 1/2 pounds since the surgery. I start solid foods in two days and am a little nervous that I might start overeating. I do think we loose slower but as you can see we do still lose.

Good luck, it is worth it.

I had a low BMI of 32 and I'm happy I did the band. The weight loss is much slower and it's taken me more fills to start that process but it's still worth it to me.

Just wondering how the lower bmi'ers are doing? I am struggling a bit now, my first fill after 2 delays is this Monday and I am dying! Just back to my regular hunger now .. I am so ready to get the rest of this weight off for good! It's going to be a great new year!

@soexcited. Let us know how your fill went today!

I started with bmi 37 and now i am bmi 32. I think the fills definately make a difference. My doc is also very conservative on fills and I notice my weight loss to be much slower than those who were banded around the same time as me and were able to get more in fills.

But, I am very pleased that my weight is on the downslide :blushing:

I would do the band again in a heartbeat, I have never regretted it.

I am so nervous! I go today at 1.40pm WHOOOO FINALLLLY! I'll let you know how it goes! THANKS!