Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

do u have a sudden urge....

2 change ur look???????? i find myself wanting to cut my hair....change the color....next week i'm getting eye glasses...my appreance has changed a lot due to my weight loss....but now i have an itch for a complete make-over...is anyone else going through this???? i don't know how to say this in a non-offensive way....but here it goes....i want to get rid of my entire "fat look".

lol even though I am only down 30 lbs I have that urge that you do. I did my nails yesterday. I've already told myself that when I get down to where I want to be I am doing the make over thing. You are not alone. And you should treat yourself because you worked hard for it.

I have really long hair...that took a beating from my weight loss...its now back to a healthy state...but i use to use the length to cover up my back fat...or at least disguise it the best i could...now i don't have back fat....so do i get rid of the "hide the back fat hair"?????? lol

I think long hair makes us women look younger. If you want to go shorter and make a drastic change then I say go for it!

I know what you mean about the hair taking a beating. I have long hair too and its still falling out in handfuls. Don't know if I will want to cut it though, it took forever to get this long.

I never had great hair to grow long, its frizzy and not thick at all, but it was shoulder blade length. The condition really suffered from weight loss, I had to cut it in the end, but I went to a short, bob, its pretty short at the back and collar bone length at the front, really funky. I love it, I'd never go back to long hair, sooooooo boring unless you have absolutely great hair and loads of time to blow dry/straighten, otherwise, I think it tends to drag your look down and make you look a bit unpolished.

But that's my age - at 42 I think I'm past long hair, I dont think it flatters many older women particularly.

My hair definitely needs to be coloured (too much grey) and it must be straightened or I seriously cant go out in public without stares (not curly, just stupid fluffy) and therefore I need it shorter so that I can do all that to it without it getting dry and split.

I think I look far better with long hair. I've had it short, bob length and various other styles but when I look at the pics now I think it makes me look older.I know they say that as you get older you should get rid of the long hair but in my case shorter makes me look older.

My husband and kids both agree that long hair suits me far better. Long and straight can be boring I agree but it looks good when I take the time to straighten it. I also find it cooller in summer as you can tie it up out of the way.Short hair tends to hang around your face and make you hot unless its cropped all over.

:drool: Hi! I think your transformation is remarkable. You deserve to have a make over. And we never know what we will like until we try it! I went for the hair Cut and the Frosting and the Contacts, and when I get to my Goal Weight, I am going to have a Tummy Tuck, Boob Job, Whatever it takes to improve myself further. We only live once and we can't take anything with us, so having said that, GO FOR IT! You are a beautiful woman with choices, and anyway it will always grow back.

I am a little concerned, I have only had my band for 13 weeks, not loosing hair and my hair is in great shape. Should I expect this to happen to my hair? I am on High Protein Diet, and was told this was essential to keep from loosing hair.

God Bless!

Edited by janetsjourneytoslim

I intend to get a make over when I get to goal and I'm 67 years old! No long hair for me. I've been there, done that and don't plan to do it again. I used to have such long beautiful healthy hair that I could almost sit on it. My hubby, even today, likes it better long. However, in my own opinion, unless a woman wears it up in a very tailored look, she is just fooling herself to think it makes her look younger. Long hair after age 50 is like trying to hold on to her prime days of women hood.

I have only lost 15lbs, and I am already feeling all confident. LOL (as if.. right?)

To me you are my inspiration! There is not a day that goes by that I dont think about your success! When I go walking, I walk further, faster, and longer each week, with hopes that I too, can acheive the same success! I hope to be as motivated and healthy minded as you one day!

I think that you should do a make-over, buy yourself the best clothes, and rock that new body.. hottie! But DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR! LOL!

PS: the 1cup bowls... best advice ever! :drool:

I feel the same way i have lost 57lbs and still have another 60 to go but i have lost a alot of weight in my face so i decided to go and change my hair. I have long hair about to my mid back which i all so keep long to hide the back fat. I didn't cut it short because i don't like short hair but i cut it in layers and got bands and got strawberry lowlights (always got bleach highlights). I looks so much better now. I think i was hiding behind my hair.

I'm only a month out and have lost 20 and already decided I am growing my hair long and then going blonde when I reach the onesies!

I have actually thought about cutting my hair recently but I have been growing it out for several years now... so I don't know.. BUT.. I have always wanted to do the teeth whitening... sooo... to treat myself since I have lost around 60 lbs already, this does include the pre-op diet....I was banded on May 19th... and because my birthday is this weekend, I took the plunge... my dentist took the impressions for the bleach trays and they are ready for me to pick up... woohoo!!!

2 change ur look???????? i find myself wanting to cut my hair....change the color....next week i'm getting eye glasses...my appreance has changed a lot due to my weight loss....but now i have an itch for a complete make-over...is anyone else going through this???? i don't know how to say this in a non-offensive way....but here it goes....i want to get rid of my entire "fat look".

I have to agree with LollyMoe. I am 64 now and have my hair cut short because I think that older women (like over 50) who have long hair, to try to hold on to their youth, actually look older. Not as old as those who think black hair will help them look younger. There is nothing like coal black hair to emphasize those wrinkles ladies!!:drool:

So, if you are over 50 and have long black hair perhaps you should get a face lift along with the tummy tuck!!!.......Hummm, perhaps I should reconsider:wink2:

Diana, too funny. You just painted a perfect picture of my boss! ha ha

I'm also not a fan of long hair, I agree that it can and often does, look unpolished.

I too did a mini makeover and am still working on it! Everyone says I look younger now, but I think that has more to do with my wardrobe than my hair.< /p>

I say GO FOR IT!

You are a true inspiration. I think before you do anything drastic like cutting your hair off...go to a great wig shop and try on all the styles you like and see what works best for you. This way you can try different styles and colors and it's loads of fun. Take a camera in case you want a second opinion.