Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Harris/Galveston County people looking for Support

I live in Pearland and would love to come to one of your meetings. Please let me know when your next one is and hopefully I will be able to attend.

Thank you for organizing a local support group. I was just banned on 11/25 and would LOVE to have some support!!!

Thanks again!

Congrats, how's it coming?

Much better today!! Not as much pain. But I feel like I am always HUNGRY now. Is that normal? I wasn't sure, so I called TR, they said that I need to be drinking my Protein Shakes. So, I have had one today and the funny thing is...i don't feel hungry. just stupid for not doing them before now!! hahaha Oh well, I guess this is a learning adventure and I will be learning for a long time.

I do have a question...and once again it is a stupid question, but I am trying to figure out where the band is and where my port is. Can anyone help me with this???

Thanks and I hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL day!!!:sad:

band is around top part of your stomach and port is generally slightly lower and to the left of your zyphoid process. As far as your Protein, go to Vitamin Shoppe and get something called Isopure (Alpine Punch), its the best flavor they make and it has 0 carbs.

If you're feeling hunger, that is normal, just take things slow. after about a month you should be ready for a fill.

If you have any questions you're more than welcome to give me a call

Andrew

832 457 9253

I am in League City. Banded 11 months ago and really looking for local support meeting. Please let me know if this meeting is still going- when where and time?????

Well, I got my first fill the day before Christmas...and I was right, the doctor didn't put any in to begin with and that is why I have been so hungry. Well, I still don't feel any restriction, so I go back this Thursday for more. Isure hope I get some restriction soon, or I am going to gain everything I have lost!

Andrew, I found out where my port is...you were right. I was really scared that it was right at my biggest scar and that it was going to work itself out. But it is good. I know..silly...huh?!?

Any news on a meeting? I would love to meet you all. Does anyone go to the group meetings with true results on Main st??

Have a great night!!

I am in League City. Banded 11 months ago and really looking for local support meeting. Please let me know if this meeting is still going- when where and time?????

Hi Dancingbutterfly, One of the ladies who has been organizing the meetings hurt her leg right now. So we havent been updated of any more meetings. I am also waiting on one, and might try to find another one until we start up again. So you've been banded for 11 months, how are things?? I've been banded since March 6, 2009 everything was going great until about a couple of weeks ago I started having complications and found I had a slight slippage. So I was unfilled, and my eating has been out of control since. Therefore I need to get into some meetings really soon, before I gain all my weight back. I was at a loss of 120 lbs, but have gone up 5lbs since the unfill. Good Luck to you, and if you find out of another meeting I would love to know were!!!

Momof4monkeys, what kind of problems were you having? How did you know it was a slippage? What do they do for that? I am sorry to hear that you are having problems and hope thay can get it fixed quick for you!

A couple of us are still meeting. We try to just get in touch with everyone and see when we can work it all out.

My brother just passed away on the 30th so I have not tried to get together with everyone so far this month. Will try to next week. Try to set something up towards the end of the month. I will get in touch with anyone who showed interest.

Momof4monkeys: got your private message not sure if I anwered you are not. But my brother passed away a few days ago and so next week will try to get with Janice and see when she can meet.

We do need to meet. Also i am so sorry about your slippage i will be praying it returns to normal.

Cheri

if yall are wanting to meet up pick a place and time and as long as it doesn't interfere with a football game I'm down. I know everyone seems to live in or around the league city clear lake area so maybe starbucks off of bay area at that book store would be a good place.

A couple of us are still meeting. We try to just get in touch with everyone and see when we can work it all out.

My brother just passed away on the 30th so I have not tried to get together with everyone so far this month. Will try to next week. Try to set something up towards the end of the month. I will get in touch with anyone who showed interest.

Cheri,

I'm so sorry to hear that!!! My condolences to you and your family!!

Momof4monkeys: got your private message not sure if I anwered you are not. But my brother passed away a few days ago and so next week will try to get with Janice and see when she can meet.

We do need to meet. Also i am so sorry about your slippage i will be praying it returns to normal.

Cheri

Thank you!! Take your time, we will meet when you are ready!!

Momof4monkeys, what kind of problems were you having? How did you know it was a slippage? What do they do for that? I am sorry to hear that you are having problems and hope thay can get it fixed quick for you!

Hi Pursediva,

The main problem I was having was reflux, every morning I would wake up with liquid in my pouch. It wouldnt go down, and I would have to throw it up. It just pretty much felt like I was super tight!! My dr. ordered an upper GI, and that is how they found out. My dr. said it is a slight slippage in the back part of my band. The weird thing was that sometimes I could eat and drink just fine, then other times it seemed like I couldnt get anything down. My dr. unfilled me, but after begging she left 3.5 cc's in my band. I felt immediate relief, and have had absolutely no problems ever since. Except for that I have no restriction and have gained back some weight. I go back in 1 1/2 weeks to see if the band is back in place, if it is then I can get a sm. fill if not they will completely unfill and go from there. I asked why this happened and she said it just happens sometimes, she said it is a risk with the band and it happens to 30% of the patients. I still wonder if it is my fault, by wanting to be agressive with my fill!!! I don't know but I'm just gonna follow what they tell me to do, and hope everything works out!!

Hey guys, in case anyone is interested:

North Cypress Medical Center offers weight loss surgery seminars several times a month. During these seminars, one of our Bariatric surgeons will explain the Lap Band and Roux-en-Y procedures, their benefits and outcomes. The physician, along with our Bariatric Educator will discuss the mental and emotional changes necessary to ensure successful weight loss following surgery.

January

Saturday, January 16 @ 10am – Said Bina, MD

Thursday, January 21 @ 6pm – Matthew St. Laurent, MD

Saturday, January 30 @ 10am– Bradley Waggoner, MD

Bariatric Support Group Saturday, January 16th @ 12pm

Located in the North Cypress Conference Center, 1st Floor.

Please call to register: 1-888-U-LOSE-LB.