Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first "fill" today...yikes!

I had my first "fill" today. Wow! It went almost as I imagined, but I am worried he put in too much. I tried to eat tonight and only got in two bites before it came back up. I then tried a yogurt and lost that as well. I finally got a little to stay down by eating it very slowly. Does it get better in a few days, or do you think I need to contact my doctor to see if he needs to remove some. He put very little in at the time of the surgery 8 weeks ago, but today he put in 3 cc's and maybe that was too much. He said mine was an 8, but I don't know exactly what that means. Anyone know? I am happy for any comments and advice.... Thanks everyone!:sad:

My Dr. is very strict about eating after fills. I need to do 2 days of liquid and then move to 2 days of mushies. At that point i can add food. But I have found that I have to be careful since things change when you get a fill. Did your Dr. say it was ok to eat on the same day as a fill? I think that would be unusual as there is often swelling after a fill.

But call your Dr and check.

I have found that your body will let you know when it is time for real food. It takes some time for my body to heal from the fills so I always take it slowly with my liquids and mushies. I was filled last Thursday and am still on mushies as I can tell I am not ready for normal food yet.

Yes 2 days of liquids then try mushies if that comes up 3rd day of liquids then 2 days of mushies. Do not keep trying to eat solids you will make it worse and worse.

Agreee with everyone on the liquids & mushies. Also, if food is getting stuck & coming back up, its usually recommended to have liquids for 24-48 hours afterwards. And as someone pointed out, go slow after any fill, as what you were able to eat before can change.

Mine told me to do baby food consistency for 24 hours. I posted to you in the other thread, but I haven't had any problems. I had 4 cc's and I think I can eat almost anything. Of course, I am not, but I think I could! I guess everyone is different. For Breakfast I had an egg and a half of a sandwhich thin and I did not feel full and was starving after a couple of hours. I woud call your dr.l

We do 7 days liquids after a fill. I don't really attempt to eat unless it is a cream Soup or a soup that can be mushed up and that is very very limited.

Hi guys I just had a fill on monday (26th) and my dr advised me of 5 days full liquids.. my stomach was very swollen afterwards, and sore for 2 days, it's just getting better not as sore. We have to be very careful with these fills like everyone else said take it slow try some Soup or something.. this was my 3rd fill and I'm hoping I'm at my sweet spot.. (I dont' like fills)

Banded 04/15/09

As others have said, after a fill my doc has me go on liquids for the next 48 hours. Then I can start adding mushies and regular food back slowly. Seems to work for me.

thank you for posting this. I was wondering what route I should take after my 2 days of liquids. I just had my first fill yesterday and I am still not even close to being hungry or thirsty, I am having to make myself drink.

thank you for posting this. I was wondering what route I should take after my 2 days of liquids. I just had my first fill yesterday and I am still not even close to being hungry or thirsty, I am having to make myself drink.

By experience if you can stay on liquids for as long as you can (protein shakes) I would do that....

If you start craving something maybe Soup?

Then mushies...then the real deal

Congratulations on your weightloss, Coleen. I usually feel the same way after a fill. I have a hard time drining enough Water everyday, but it is important - not only for health, but also weight loss. Besides Water, the important thing is to be sure to get enough Protein. I find it very comforting to have mushies (eggs, Soups, tilapia, etc), but I found just eating them slows my weight loss. After a few days, if you can handle it, start to add solids back into your diet. The solids work the band and help you feel more satisfied after a meal.

Good luck!

Joan

wow it's so interesting to hear how different some doctor's are.

I just had my second fill this past wednesday..i had to do liquids for the rest of the day and then thursday i could start food. Carefully, small bites, and common sense...i always start with softer foods and i'm staying away from bread but i've had no issues. I can definately feel a difference though...

All the advice on here is great! But if you are having any questions, always ask your doctor :Yawn:

Congrats everyone on you WL so far!

Yes. You should go to liquids for a bit however, my surgeon tells me that you shouldn't stay on them too long after a fill. I do 24 hours liquids and 24 hours mushies then back to solids. You want your band to work properly and it was made for solids. That is how you stay fuller longer. Keeping solids in your stoma for as long as possible.

I had my first fill yesterday and got no restriction. 2cc in a 9cc band. The doctor assured me I would and it would remove some of the hunger. I had 3 normal meals today and nothing :Yawn:

Hungry, no restriction and no further appoinment for another 4 weeks:mad: