Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill Questions

I'm going tomorrow for my first fill since my surgery 9/24/09 and I don't know what to expect. Does it hurt? Will I be sick afterward? and do you have to go back on your liquid diet after you get a fill? All they told me at my consultation is that they would do an ex ray and let me drink to make sure it went down. Other than that I don't know how it's done other than with a needle. I would appreciate any feedback, to kind of take the edge off.:cursing:

The actual fill did not hurt very much. The needle seemed large but the prick hurt less than a a blood draw.

Dr's do things differently but my dr (and, it seems, many others) put you back on liquid for 2 days, then mushies for 2 days then food. The diet is because there can be some sweeling when the band is filled and they want to be careful. I look at it as an opportunity to opptomize some weight loss each time I get a fill.

When you first get back to food, take it easy. You never really know the level of restriction you will have until you eat something that does not agree with you. I have had 2 fills and found that I sort of have to relearn what works with the band each time as the restriction goes up.

Good luck to you.

Hi there,

I'm having my first fill on Nov 3rd......(2 months post op) While I never really entered bandster hell, I did kinda hit a brick wall regarding the weight loss. My exercise has not been 100% and neither has my eating, but I'm still satisfied losing what ive lost so far..

I cant wait for a fill! I cant wait to "re-learn" whats gonna work and whats not. I cant wait to have the kind of restriction i had a few days post op!

I felt a little defeated at first that I was "relying" on a fill to help me out, my wife has been critical about it also.....The Dr and my coordinator quickly took the drama out of the situation....They said that as long as your heads in the right place and you have a grasp of whats going on, an appointment to the dr and a fill might be exactly what you need....

So I feel much better about the whole thing. I dont feel as if I have failed, and Im ready to take the next step.

My best friend always reminds me, "this is a marathon, not a 100 yard dash." I keep repeating this to myself every time I feel discouraged...

enough rambling! Thanks forum....

Good morning all :scared2:

I went in for a fill just last Tuesday-the first fill in 6 months. It was like the first all over again lol. I had forgotten just how much restriction I had... wow! I still ate way less than before and was doing great but the fill makes it so much easier, so there is really nothing wrong with looking forward to it. I don't think anyway. My Doctor is wonderful, and I go back on COOL liquids for the remainder of the day then mushies the next day. He doesn't want me to consume anything hot for at least the day because it could really irritate it :cursing: I love coffee!!! Just keep in mind it is a 30 min visit then life back to normal :cursing: Have a great day!!!

Hi all,

I looked on Youtube and found a video for you showing a routine Lap-Band®® fill. There are other videos on the subject that might help ease your mind.

Here is the link:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches