Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is my pouch stretched?

I have 5 cc's in a 10 cc band and I still feel like I can eat too much. Some things go down very easily - like salad, even with grilled chicken in it - and I can almost eat as much as I want. To be fair, there are other things that don't go down well at all though. I tried to eat a tamale yesterday and couldn't even eat half of it.

I'm scared I've stretched my pouch - is that something I can fix on my own?

Thanks,

Cindy

Banded 6-3-09

Personally, I think you should be eating pretty easily. A little slower, a little more chewing, a little smaller bites, but not so significant you feel like you stand out.

I think you can stretch your pouch by packing it over an extended period of time. I'm pretty sure that's something I could do because I don't tend to get any reaction to my food (tightness or other telltale signs unless I eat about a cup of good solid food). My doctor wants me to eat 1/2 cup meals (he left me with a 4 oz pouch), which I do. I measure my meals at home, and at that, I stay full 4 to 5 hours and sometimes longer.

If you were to ever stretch your pouch, I've read that unless you really packed it, just getting back on track by measuring your meals and not overeating will allow it to shrink back to it's proper size. I don't know if there's any science behind that, but it sounds reasonable to me. I'm not going to test it though. lol

salad is a slider food it goes right through and most of us who tolerate it can eat alot of it. Try more solid Proteins, if its something I measure I use a cup. Or I eat 3 to 4 oz Protein and veggies. Go for your fills it will get better. One fill is not enough for most of us. Good luck!

Can a person have a stretched pouch and still develope band tightness to where you ahve to have the fill removed? Please respond if possible Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches