Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

yesterdayyyyy all my troules seemed so far awayyyy

Hi eveyone...

I just found this forum and signed up after asking google about coughing post surgery.

I had my surgery yesterday afternoon and have been coughing a bit because I have bad sinuses and get alot of drippage down my throat - I was worried that coughing a little might slip my band - turns out its a low chance... so I'm a little relieved!

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and you will probably see more of me around here in the future.

=]

Congrats on being newly banded! I'm 4 weeks down and now can't wait for my first fill! They call this time period "Bandster Hell", so, on behalf of all of us in "hell"....welcome!!!

Sandy

Welcome to the other side. I had surgery a few weeks ago and my doctor kept telling me to cough after surgery. Apparently it helps with the gas. It took me days to cough, so I guess it cant be that bad

oh geez... the last thing i wanted to do when i came out was cough. i still dont want to cough - it hurts soooo bad.

It does hurt to cough, but I think they want you to so it moves the gas around in your chest. My dr. gave me this device to force me to deep breath. I had to use it every hour. It was awful but gets better each day!

I have actually been making myself take deep breaths just because I heard after an anaes. you can have troubles with your lungs... ahh the things you hear...

After I lay down for a period of time its so much easier to breath in deep, rather than after standing or sitting.... at the end of the day I get very full of air and find it more and more painful if I haven't rested much.:closedeyes:

Awwwww! It'll be over soon, and then your only concern will be if you are eating enough!!! (I personally can't wait to get to that stage...it has never in my life been a concern!!) Take care and I hope you feel better!

Nawww thanks laffy :blushing:

Last night I had a REALLY bad night... I was up until about midnight because my bf and his bro were 'hanging out' = lots of booze and stupid computer games lol...

Anyways, being the one not drinking I was designated driver to maccas for a mighty angus meal at 11.30pm at night. Got home after the boys were talking about cochroaches in the car (dont ask how they got onto that topic) and all of a sudden I had the urge to be sick... TMI but I even started the whole sliming process and knew if I didn't lay down straight away I would be dry heaving in no time and at risk of slipping the band...

Luckily the moment I laid on my back the pain and feeling went away... then I stood up again and it was back again... I'm wondering whether it could be because I had a big day and maybe the drag on my skin/stomach from the port cord could have been a bit much??? Any ideas?

This morning I have a very sensetive incision in one spot.. i feel a bit bruised up and when I stand I can feel a bit of a drag.. probably normal as everything else so far has been...but you know the story.. waiting for my bad luck to return lol:unsure:

Hi Digg

Just signed onto this site myself y'day. Had my band 30th March 2009. I thought my coughing would have done the same! No, it was fine. I have lost 4stone, havent had my 2nd fill as yet, will go in the wk for that. Good luck. Its the best money I have ever spent!! Only 3.5 stne to go, but at least this way I wont ever have to yo-yo diet again.

Nawww thanks laffy :laugh:

Last night I had a REALLY bad night... I was up until about midnight because my bf and his bro were 'hanging out' = lots of booze and stupid computer games lol...

Anyways, being the one not drinking I was designated driver to maccas for a mighty angus meal at 11.30pm at night. Got home after the boys were talking about cochroaches in the car (dont ask how they got onto that topic) and all of a sudden I had the urge to be sick... TMI but I even started the whole sliming process and knew if I didn't lay down straight away I would be dry heaving in no time and at risk of slipping the band...

Luckily the moment I laid on my back the pain and feeling went away... then I stood up again and it was back again... I'm wondering whether it could be because I had a big day and maybe the drag on my skin/stomach from the port cord could have been a bit much??? Any ideas?

This morning I have a very sensetive incision in one spot.. i feel a bit bruised up and when I stand I can feel a bit of a drag.. probably normal as everything else so far has been...but you know the story.. waiting for my bad luck to return lol:unsure:

It sounds like you just did a bit more than your body was ready for. If it continues to hurt after rest, you should call your surgeon to be on the safe side.

They really should have been a little more sensitive to the fact that you probably shouldn't have driven them to EAT when you just had surgery and are on a liquid post op diet!:blushing:

It's all good... I offered actually.. they were hungry and there wasn't much for them to eat in the house that didnt require preparing... and my bf aint the cook type especially when drunk so the last thing i wanted to do was cook them a meal lol

I also would rather drive 5 min up the road than them drink drive... so it didnt bother me so much until they started talking about the cochroaches lol

My bruising started coming out yesterday and were quite sore to touch, so I'm putting it down to the same thing happening inside which is causing the discomfort I've been having. Just wish it would hurry up and go away.

Will check up with my surgeon if it's still like this in a couple of days.. not 1 week post yet, so i might be overreacting. Just being cautious I suppose... first surgery I've had besides my wisdom teeth so I don't quite know what is and isn't normal :blushing: