Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SF Bay Area? Palo Alto Medical Foundation?

Hello ladies!

I'm somewhat local. I live in Gilroy. Was banded in May through Kaiser in South San Fransisco. I would love to do Lapband support groups but they have all been to far for me so far. Love the board though it helps a lot!

Very excited for you Tina!!

Hey Minxz! Is Good Samaritan hospital too far for you to go? It's off of 85 at Union. There are some meetings on Tuesday evenings we could do there, or perhaps we could all find a place for when we do our bi-weekly walking that is close for all of us. It would be nice to have a "veteran" in the Bandketeers :thumbup:

It would be too far for me on Work night. I would love to join the biweekly walks if they fell on a weekend maybe?

I can do weekends for the walks! We may have to do some more extensive planning (for example, I spend about 25% of my weekends out of town) but we can work it out. Even if we could only do once a month on the weekend, it'd be good.

I was reading that there is a support group in Hollister. I forget where I read it, but I think it was on here. Maybe check into that for a weekday solution?

I tried to search for that and only came up with people talking about fitting into the Hollister clothing brand lol. I will keep looking though.

Hey Jeni-

did you go last night? yes Tuesday is fats approaching and I am a nervous freak! but I'm a cool cucumber on the outside. I've had to limit my time on here as I keep wandering over and reading the complications threads, i can't have negativity right now!

PAMF has a support group too I just don't which night it is and irt is also free.

I looked it up on Good Sam's website and it seems that the 16th is a weight loss seminar. The first and third Tuesdays of each month are weight loss support groups. The second and fourth Tuesdays are WIP support groups... I'm not sure of the difference. Here is the description from the page:

Bariatric Support Groups - WIP Coaching Suppport

Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 7 – 9pm

Good Samaritan Hospital Grey Trailer by East entrance, 2425 Samaritan Drive, San Jose, CA 95124

Free

WIP (Work in Progress) Weight Loss Surgery Coaching Support

Second Tuesday and Fourth Thursday every month.

For pre- and post-ops in their first year to 18 months.

Work with our life coach and other patients to find your

personal success strategies after weight loss surgery.

Appropriate for pre-and post-op individuals. For more

info, call (408) 559-2514.

I think I might go tonight!

Tina... next Tuesday is coming up fast! Are you ready? Do you have your gas-x? I have a whole extra box, I didn't use it so much. Good news, though... my gas pains in my shoulders are gone! I thought they'd never leave, but I realize I haven't had one in about a day and a half now.

Jeni "The Bandketeer" Beni (Not my last name but I needed a last name to have a nickname in quotes in the middle of hahaha)

Hi Minx-

Glad you could join us! We'll work out a good schedle so e have at least one weekend a month in there for us to get together gab and walk.

Hugs to everyone-

t

Hello ladies!

I'm somewhat local. I live in Gilroy. Was banded in May through Kaiser in South San Fransisco. I would love to do LAP-BAND® support groups but they have all been to far for me so far. Love the board though it helps a lot!

Very excited for you Tina!!

Tina. Omg I keep doing the same on reading the complication bander threads and how they want it removed. Talk about putting a downer on myself lol. Bad idea. Don't read them. I have my one week post op with anwar tomorrow. I have tons of questions for him lol.

Hey Tina,

I actually ended up not going, I got caught up in a book and lost track of time and by the time I noticed it was 7:45...haha. It is good to know that they are almost every Tuesday though, so I can go when I need the help.

I've been at 229 for four days. Sigh. Go down, scale! It's probably because I lost a ton of weight the first couple days and I'm holding Water because I'm on my period, but still. I know it's just a number but I'm motivated by numbers :eek:

I talked with my best guy friend last night about my surgery. He was super happy for me and excited for how skinny I'm going to be. I've always told him when I was on a diet or if I'd lost weight, and he is the person who always notices first when I lose weight (even if it is just 5 pounds). I'm really excited he is supportive of me!

I'm in bandland ladies!

Doing well very sore but good.

YAY Tina! I'm so glad :) How was everything? Did you like your doctor and the care you received? Did you go home the same day?

Rest up, walk lots, sip your Water...do all of these great things! I'm so excited :)

hi jeni-

I LOVE Dr. Anwar. Everything is going well I'm walking and doing my sips. I did stay overnight at the hospital and was very happy I did, no complications just glad to have them right there to answer my questions. Mommy and daddy are here - cooking and doing stuff around the house. I'll be back on later. take care- t

Tina. I'm so glad everything is going well. Anwar totally rocks!!! Keep us posted!!! 

Bandketeers, we've slacked! How is everyone doing?

I was the same weight for about three weeks -- 224-225, somewhere in there. I upped my exercise this past week (joined a gym so I go there 4 nights a week, run my couch to 5k three times a week, and swimming on the weekends) and it shows. I was at 221.5 this morning! I want to be 219, it's so close.

Food-wise I haven't been as diligent; I'm definitely due for a fill, but it isn't until Jan 23rd. I feel more restricted after I exercise, which is good because I do it right after work and before dinner so when I get home I eat less. I'm definitely a nighttime eater, so the more I can curb that the better.

How is everyone else doing?

Hi guys, hope it's okay to jump in here. I am currently considering the banding, just in the thinking process. I am stuggling to find a doctor to go to. I have Anthem PPO, and I have to call them but it looks like the only docs are in San Francisco. I too am in Gilroy so it seems like a long way to go, and kinda strange too that there aren't more. Anyway I saw the post from Minxz and realized she was where I was, but Minxz you are Kaiser right? I might have to call to verify with Anthem. I found a doctor and made an appointment for the 10th with a doctor McKeen, but realized after that while he said he took Anthem Insurance he doesn't appear in their Doctors in Network lists. Ah..... the process of figuring it all out.

Well hello to you all!

Rdy2BThin