Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleep centers are a scam

My surgeon says that around 98% of his patients have sleep apnea. Now that stat does seem a bit high. Either he is being duped by skewed data by the sleep center he uses or he's benefiting somehow. Either way' date=' I think it's a scam in general.

That being said, I think it truly exists. My husband who is not overweight, has it. Without his mask, he snores like a train!

I just did my sleep study and it was pure hell. I had to take an ambien which didn't work. 3 hours of softly crying turned into a full blown panic attack. But instead of ripping all the wires off and running like I wanted, I stayed with it because I want this so badly.

Well, it's no shocked that I have sleep apnea. They found something wrong with my breathing after 2 hours of sleep after being drugged and in distress. I've never slept on my back but they made me do so, never snored but I've always breathed very lightly. Never a problem. My mom finally got used to it looking like I wasn't breathing.

So now another night of hell to see how much pressure I need. Maybe I'll give my machine to my husband to replace is old one.

I think they see a fat person come in and see dollar signs.[/quote']

I so agree with you I took my Ambein finally fell alseep after an hour but the kept waking me it's so hard to sleep on your back. Your body naturally turns on its side or which ever is comfortable. It's all a scam give me the surgery.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches