Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tricking ourselves back to weightloss land

Heres our new thread for october.. where is everyone??

Thanks Jen for start our new thread this month. We must all be working hard this month. I haven't posted in awhile. Not moving the scale down, but its not going up. Just staying the same. I'm trying to get to the Y 3 or 4 times a week. I hope it kicks in soon. Of course if I would leave the Cookies alone it might help. I bake them myself. I know better to buy them at the store. I also had a piece of my grandson birthday cake. I don't eat cake to often it doesn't like to go down very well, but Cookies always seem to fly down without problems.

We had our 40th wedding anniversary last week and went out to eat. Did pretty good ate about 1/2 of the 6oz steak and a small baked potatoe. The salad was exceptly good. Didn't go for dessert, didn't have room for that. It was nice day.

Hope to hear from everyone soon. Good eating everyone.

Carol

Jeni 85, you picked a great title for our October thread. For I sure am trying to trick myself back to weight loss. I've gone on a semi liquid fast. I puree my vegetables and eat this through the day. I also have a 32oz bottle I use for Water. This way I know I've gotten at least 4 cups of Water at work and get the other 4 at home. When I was having troubling getting in my water, I put some fruit juice in it, just to give it some taste. And it's working right now. I also make a fruit smoothie and take about 1/4 to 1/2 cup 2x - 3x a day. Then off to the gym 3x a week.

I've only been on this since Thursday last week and I've seen some results for I can now get into a suit I wore just before the summer. I also did not replace the battery in my scale. So, I'm depending on my clothes and the tape measurer for weight loss.

Well, that's all for me. Hope to read good results of others.

I know that it has been awhile and I wanted to send you all an update. I really don't remember what I posted last, so this might be a recap also.

I did my 5 weeks of 5 days a week radiation (it sucked, it just zaps all your energy) and I did one day of chemo each week. That infusion was only 3 hours long. After that was done, I continued with chemo, but it went to only once every three weeks and was three time as strong and took 5 hours. I was giving Adivan to make me sleep through it and that was nice. Two weeks to the day after the first triple infusion, I lost all my hair. This includes my eyelashes, eyebrows and the hair up my nose. When I say all hair, I mean ALL of it. I just started wearing hats since its gone cold but before I just went around bald. You get the best service when you are a bald woman. I mean it. At restaurants there is no wait, in the store everyone wants to help you. So in a why it's been kind of fun. I still hate looking in the mirror, but soon my hair will be back and I will look like my old self. Had my last chemo on Sept 24 and will be going in for scans on Oct 23 getting the results back on Oct 26. Keeping my fingers crossed that it they show no evidence of disease. Still working, but I gave up cleaning my house. Was able to do some canning this year and that makes me happy as I love gardening and canning. Granted, I had to cut the garden back by half as I knew I would not be able to keep up with it.

All, in all, I think I am doing fine and kicking cancers butt. I will let you know what the scans show after I get the results.

I was unfilled at the beginning of this process and I've put on about 15-20 lbs, but with all the drugs and the fact the only things I could eat were not the best choices (mashed potatoes with corn became a staple because everything else tasted really bad), I don't think I did too bad. Once all the drugs are out of my system I am hoping to start walking again. I have to build up my strength and stamina.

Brightest of blessings,

Barb

Good Day to All. Mrs Husker, my prayers and well wishes are for you. I can't even begin to image what you're going through. But it's glad to see you have a positive attitude towards this. For that's what keeps us going at times. Keep up your spirits and I will keep you in my prayers.

Hope all who come back is doing well and have good results or if not just post anyway.

So glad to hear from you, Barb. I've thought about you often and am glad for the update--you ARE a survivor! Good job getting through all your treatments and maintaining your normal life as much as possible. My thoughts and prayers will be with you next week as you go for your scans and results. We will be anxious to hear. Good luck!

Hello All,

Barb my thought and prayers are with you. Please keep us posted as we will always be here for you!

This is the November Link:

For some of us like me we have fallen behind or lagged very bad. I for one am that person. But for the most part I am staying and maintaing less than 200lbs, more so 190 185. I may have reached my stable weight. If so, I am so happy for this stage. I still want to lose another 15lbs - 20lbs by the end of the year. But I am so happy just with what I have lost these last 2yrs. 8mos.

I've tried so many different healthy weight loss way of eating. From each new way and trying different styles I've learned alot about food. Just following the Protein, veggies and carb way of eating I am now wiser than before.

So, let's continue to reach our weight goals, don't give up, don't beat our selves up for we are still learning what works best for us. (excuse the run on sentence)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f99/no-more-excuses-104940/

Edited by Whitepants

This is the link that was given when this thread was started.

How do you propose how this should be transferred to the March grouping?

Please do not respond to the link here. It is incorrect and will take you to the november,2007 forum.

So you'll need to go to the march,2007 forum and make your posts there.

Thank you.