Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

baby bandster with questions

Hey there! I am a brand new baby bandster (surg. 9/21) and am in the liquid diet phase. Did anyone (or everyone) experience extreme hunger (I'm about to gnaw my arms off :smile:)? Of course, it doesn't help that every commercial I see is all food & friends trying to "help" my family, bring over things like pizza & spaghetti. I guess I thought that after the surgery, I wouldn't be so hungry anymore...my mistake!

I was also hoping to get an idea of what to expect from weightloss. About how much did/do you lose on average each month? I'm sorry, I know this questions is probably buried out there somewhere, but I haven't found it just yet.

Any help, advice, & encouragement is greatly appreciated!!!! Have a great day!!!!

I was hungry day and night until I got to start eating solids. Drink as much Water as you can, but the hunger will only be for a short while. A couple of days after starting solids I had my first fill and then hunger stopped for me. Now I have my second fill and I feel some hunger but it is not to bad.

Just try to make it until you get to start on solids. I lost 9 lbs. the first week and then 2 lbs a week from then on. After a month passed I started exercising every night for 30 minutes, I have a total gym that I work out on

I did. I had done a week of PURE Clear liquids prior to surgery (no calories at all, basically) so about day 3 after my surgery, I was overwhelmingly hungry.

I called my surgeon's office to seek advice and they recommended I try to still my hunger with oyster crackers - to let them practically dissolve before swallowing.

I went through quite a few oyster crackers those first couple weeks until I was on mushy foods.

I'd ask your doctor for advice. Maybe you'll get some relief??

Thanks, Ladies!

I just got moved to phase 2 of the liquid diet which includes yogurt, pudding, & cream Soups. I feel like I've just won the lottery!!!!!:thumbup: I still get extremely hungry, but these seem to help curb it for an hour or so.

Good luck to both of you...I wish you continued success!

I was also banded on 9-21-09 and I havent felt the first hunger pain. I didn't do too good with the 2 week pre-surgery diet. I only lost 7 lbs but total I have lost 16 pounds. I was only on the phase 1 "clear liquids" the day of surgery. Day two My Dr moves to phase 2 "full liquids. I am soposed to get 64 ozs of fluids per day and 70 grams of Protein. I friend told me about protein bullets and I love being able to get my protein in with 3 or 4 drinks! They are only 2.9 oz. I also do the Unjury with superskim milk which get 29 grams protein together and I also drink Water. I eat sugar free pudding sometimes. Baby food bananas and applesauce. Sugarfree Jello, popcycles and fudgecycles. I eat (drink) cream of Tomato Soup and cream of chicken Soup both made with superskim milk which gives me like 21.5 oz of fluids and 16-17 grams of protein and are very filling. Protein fills you up and seems to stick with you. Im not having a hunger problem at all! I WOULD like to go to our fav restruant and eat mexican tho =) I move to phase 3, soft foods, monday and I cant wait for something new top eat!

Hi I was banded on the 23rd and was really surprised to find I really didn't want food. My dr. was adamant about beginning Clear Liquids on day 2 and post op 1 week the cream Soups, sugar free pudding, etc. like most others do. Oh cant forget that GREAT baby food. I have done food enough but I have drank Protein Shake 1-2 a day and find those to be all I need but dr. says NO my stomach needs to get use to food. The weirdest thing is I get nauseous smelling food when cooking. I had to go outside when husband fried potatos and sausage. My mouth started watering and all didnt last long I am glad of that. As far as weight loss I am losing inches have dropped a size but still have swelling where the incisions were made and havent notice but a 2 lb weight loss. My dr. said this is normal and not to worry.

Hang in there it is going to get easier!