Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

yeah thats how i felt like.. the thing that is killing me is i cant eat bread or pasta... like no more breaded chicken nuggets lol nothing but i just hit my fourth week after having the surgery(Oct 8th)... like i get so mad sometimes.. like last night my mom made ziti for the whole family... and i could not have one bite of it.... i feel bad for you guys that have the liquid diet before the surgery... i just made sure i didnt eat any fattie foods 3 days before. but yeah its gonna be hard right after sugery.. i had to stay over night just to make sure everything was good... but your gonna feel really lazy and tired... but the day you get home your gonna have to start moving... the pain on the other hand was here and there... like im not a big fan of medicine like i hate it so maybe thats the reason but when i did take it the pain went away for like 4-6 hours depending on how much i took 1-2teaspoons... which is good... but you guys are going to be fine!!! just stay FOCUS! i have my second post op 2morrow so i will write you guys again...

Evanescent_Soul- lol hey, im doing okay, nausea is gone but i still get it here and there and it still sucks, and i missed like 4 weeks and 4 days of school FML lol i'm supposed to get my first fill for once and for all on the 18th but i dont want it lol maybe i should get just one before i get my new insurance if i even get one at all i dont know what insurance im getting and i just hope it pays for removal and the fills gahh. yup i did have the flu i hated that week cause i drank some orange juice and it gave me severe chest pains like wtf lol i dont think im supposed to have it since i have the band and all so there you go. yeah my school too, they actually finally decided to close it since the whole week the school was like a ghost town lol, closed it on oct 30th.

BabyBurnzi- hey, good luck (: yeah the Protein liquid diet part did suck but hey it was worth it cause it made me lose 8 pounds beofre surgery and i didnt think i lost any :w00t: when i started my pre op diet it made my stomach upset at first but i got use to it. i had chocolate and it was digusting so i prefer vanilla. yes i hate when people get something that you really like and eat it in front of you while you cant have it. i told one of my bestfriends but i didnt tell my other bestfriend. the one that knows, i can trust to keep it a secret, i dont know if i should tell my other one =/ but i told one of my teachers so she knows cause i was out of school alot like 2 weeks and 3 days cause of nausea (yeah i was one of those who had nausea since surgery, only had two good weeks without it, i still get it but not as bad as i did or unless i have a cold or the flu/sick ya lol but i missed 4 weeks and 4 days the other two weeks i had a very bad cold and then i had the flu which sucks! and the had to cancell school cause everyone was sick and i guess a couple people had H1N1) anyways i have to get a new insurance and theyre having a hard time getting me one, i turn 19 next month and i need it now, i need insurance thatll cover removal of the band if i need it if it doesnt ill be SOL. >.< yeah my goal is size 3 or 4, mainly the 4 and i really hope i can get there by my one year aniversity of the band (july 31st) all i can say is DONT BE SCARED!! you will be fine (: i didnt have much pain, for me it just felt like i did 1000 sit ups, but the gas pains are really annoying, i found that Gas-X works(some people say it doesnt work but i found it did) i had severe pain in my chest on Oct. 30th (actually felt like it was where my diaphram is and it moved to the left side of my chest and back to my diaphram for about an hour and i took a Gas-X strip 30 mins into it and it relieved the pains but i seriously thought i was gonna have to go to the hospital.) yeah if i knew i was gonna have nausea like i have, i wouldnt have gotten surgery, but some people have a more sensitive stomach and it takes more time to get over it, i'm getting through it, hey i lost 31 pounds, ya i could have lost more but im happy that im losing..i dont want to lose it too fast either cause i dont wanna risk getting the lose skin (since we're younger we shouldnt but if you dont exercise and still lose it fast you can). i know if it was me and i wanted to see a movie the same day-ish i got surgery, i wouldnt be up for it, i would be too tired and i would want to lay down, but if youre not in pain or if you dont feel sick or tired, deffinatley go for it (: i cant wait to see new moon either :wink2: good luck to you too :unsure:

iHaveh0pe3- im able to eat Pasta but its really hard to eat it, if its spagettie i blend it. you can eat toast and english muffins and if you like subway you can still go there, just make sure its healthy and toasted. speaking of the chicken nuggets, im able to eat those, if im out of town like when i was in PA (i live in NY) i got chicken nuggets. and last night i had breaded chicken nuggets, didnt bother me. it had a lot of Protein in it 11grams. you got surgery on my friend's birthday lol anyways im out 14 weeks and two days =/ (: i had to stay over night too, good thing i did cause i got very nauseous ive been nauseous soo much (i wrote this above as well and how long i have had nausea) the worst part of the lap band was that, i think if i havent had that i would of lost more and i would of felt a lot more like myself and a lot happier, i think this surgery actually made me sad (i was sad soo much, i felt like i cried almost every day, like why did i do this to myself, ya know?) i actually had to go to the hospital my 3rd day out cause the nausea was that bad, but i think its starting to get better i mean i feel more like myself but i still get nauseous. the pain, i thought it felt like i did 1000 situps and the gas pains went away at like day 3, i didnt take any medicine either besides nausea pills which made me sleepy and i took Gas-X strips for the gas pains.

yeah like the last couple of days... i was like i dont even want this lap band no more... so like i talked to mom and grandma about it and my grandmother looked at me like i was an idiot... like i kind of get depressed sometimes because like i cant like eat what i want to eat not only that but just i get so lazy... like im also behind in school... (WORD OF ADVICE PPL try and get the lapband while your not in school!) but yeah omg hopefully they will let me eat chicken nuggets soon... im probally just going to eat them after my 5th or 6th week... but like usually all i've eaten is eggs, chicken,and pineapple< it gets boring.. i dont eat yogurt or cottage cheese.... and i also want pizzzaaaa!!!!!! lol but yeah...

yea. i just dont wanna mess stuff up, i mean i know some people dont have to do the two week pre op stuff but i guess my surgeon has done like thousands and has this whole system and shit that if you follow you'll lose like 80%+ of your excess body weight and stuff. fortunately i have really good insurance my parents both worked for the fedderal government and im coverd on their insurance till im 22 so doing this at 18 is nice. i think im most scared of looking weird if i do get skinny, cause i remember this giirl at my school got really thin and looked stange like she didnt belong being thin... haha maybe thats a weird fear.. oh well. but yea i just want everything to go well and i wanna go see my movie! haha.

I GOT MY FIRST FILL PPL!!!! it feels so WIERD lol but it didn't hurt so yeah so its been a month since my surgery(10/08/09)and i lost a total of 37 pounds.... so happy... yeah so im starting to get like the loose skin :tongue_smilie: but im still happy... so yeah i had Pasta last night... i had no problem with it... well i had elbows and sauce... but not sprahgetti<(sorry for the spelling lol)... i also bought some chicken nuggets.. lol probally can only eat like 2 lol... but yeah the doc told me to start with pasta and then work my way up to bread. so im probally not going to try any bread for another 2-4 weeks. just stick to the pasta. i might even try the tortilla(flat bread) first and see how that goes down... but yeah :smile:

I am 16, I was Banded on September 17, 2009 and since then I have had two fills. Just got my second one yesterday!! When I started the liquid diet Pre Op I was 346pounds, and now I am 298!! Having the band has been hard at times because I cant eat what everyone else is eating. But over all I love my Band, and I couldn't imagin life without it... Ive went down about 2 jean sizes, and i have just became a new person!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! thats awesome, im glad it didint hurt. i have mine in exactly 7 days :] my doctor told me on my own (no liquid diet or anything) i lost 22.9 pounds last month, and since i have been on the liquid i lost 6.9 :] im waaaaaaaaaay excited. but i have to be at the doctors at 5:30am next thursday. thats soooooo early but thats okay. I heard though if you like protien load and work out (even just walking) you should minimize the loose skin issue.

Erin18- Hey its good to hear from you. =.] Im glad to hear your doing better, and I hope that when/if you get your fill you do well. Ehh, im still trying to get insurance, but my process in getting banded is slowing comeing to an not happening =./ They have to cover for your removel because of sever complications which is mandatory, but im not sure about fills, execpt of the possibility of wasted money because of failure. Thats sucks about the orange juice. My school had about 5-7 people in eachclass out of 25, so my school was stupid and didn't close because of school aid, but anyway they will get less because their health, grade rank, and good attendence has declined alot so they kinda messed them selves up by not closeing.

lol Thankzz.. yeah im starting to notice the loose skin underneath my arms.. omg and my rolls in the back lol... but i dont even know my jean size anymore... i LOVE TO SHOP... like when i go to like target to go buy like a dvd or cd i go st8 to the clothes... like i just get so mad cause i dont want to buy any clothes when im still loosin weight.... so i haven't bought clothes since Sept(back to school time)

Oh yeah i went grocery schopping with my mom today and i came across the aisle with all the organic food... it just made me think that i might be becoming a veggie head lol... but the only meat i would eat is chicken... i wonder if thats normal... since like i really have to watch what i eat... idk just was thinking about it lol but yeah another post.

haha being a veggie head isnt always a bad thing. i went of a vegatarian kick for like 2 years but i like chicken nuggets :]

So i officially have my band yay me. im really sore though, and i didnt take enough pain medication last night so i basically sat through 2 hours and 10 minutes of new moon is complete misery, it was a good movie (book was better) it was pretty funny in parts but it hurt really bad to laugh.. im reallllllly excited though. and in 4 weeks i can actually eat food again!!!!