Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Thanks, Ladies. I'm trying to not panic before I get more information AND more testing done. It also kind of seems to answer a lot of questions for me too. I hope it all comes out negative except that I KNOW that something is going on. It's way more than just some pain and being tired. I'm WAY past tired and the pain is pretty constant. We'll see.

Had a nice time at my friend's party. Bought a few things. Looking forward to getting them. I coulda spent A LOT of money today! Nice stuff.

Have a great night!

Good morning everyone~

Sorry for my lack of posting but I have had dss and dsd over. The house was crazy!

Michelle-I am so sorry that you are in pain. When should you get to see your dr?

Kat-I love green chiles...especially in cheese dip :)

Jenn-depends on how cute he is :wink3:

Suzanne-when are ya'll gonna be in this area? When are you leaving for your trip? You gonna call me? questions, questions, questions...lol (if you have answered these questions, please forgive me and reanswer them) :)

Terri-sorry you are hungry but it will pass. My stomach used to growl all the time. You will be so glad you went through this! How is the weight loss going?

Cindy-so tell me...how ya liking this HEAT! omg, it has been unreal, right? I am so ready for winter it is not even funny. So signs of fall in the south!!

Angela-I saw about the creme broulee (sp).....ummm, have you made it yet? :(

Everyone...well, I have done FANTASTIC since I saw that HUGE weight gain and I have lost 11 pounds. I am very proud. It has not been easy, but I am doing it. And today I will strive to have another good day :thumbup:

Detoxing from ice cream is not easy. For those of you who do not know me that well, ice cream is my drug of choice. Last week I had some and I told dh when i was done "I can honestly tell you that I did not enjoy that AT ALL". I meant it too. So, while detoxing, I am just remembering that bowl and how I was not pleased. That has made it easier (somewhat). On a happy note, I found out that icees (which I am also addicted to) are only 65 calories for 8 oz. WHEW! :w00t: The great thing about that is I do not have an icee machine. lol, I have to drive to the store to get it. Icees are SO refreshing in 100 degree heat.

So, I am rambling now so I will just go....

OH...one more thing...dh has lost 2 pounds too. We are rockin' this thing!

Have a great day ladies (and gent)

Tracy, awesome job on the weight loss and working on getting back intot he swing of this. You know you have the ability. Good Luck and I can't wait to see you.

I'm going over to get sis today and bring her back here to go swimming. I'll put some hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. I thought I would spend the day with her because she won't see me for 3 weeks. So far she's doing pretty good with me leaving, no panic attacks so far.

I'll check in later this evening, busy day ahead of me.

Tracy, awesome job on the weight loss and working on getting back intot he swing of this. You know you have the ability. Good Luck and I can't wait to see you.

I'm going over to get sis today and bring her back here to go swimming. I'll put some hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. I thought I would spend the day with her because she won't see me for 3 weeks. So far she's doing pretty good with me leaving, no panic attacks so far.

I'll check in later this evening, busy day ahead of me.

Thank you!!!

I am SO glad that you are going to get a break! Enjoy every minute of it. Dont forget to say bye to us! :)

Everyone...well, I have done FANTASTIC since I saw that HUGE weight gain and I have lost 11 pounds. I am very proud. It has not been easy, but I am doing it. And today I will strive to have another good day :thumbup:

Detoxing from ice cream is not easy. For those of you who do not know me that well, ice cream is my drug of choice. Last week I had some and I told dh when i was done "I can honestly tell you that I did not enjoy that AT ALL". I meant it too. So, while detoxing, I am just remembering that bowl and how I was not pleased. That has made it easier (somewhat). On a happy note, I found out that icees (which I am also addicted to) are only 65 calories for 8 oz. WHEW! :( The great thing about that is I do not have an icee machine. lol, I have to drive to the store to get it. Icees are SO refreshing in 100 degree heat.

So, I am rambling now so I will just go....

OH...one more thing...dh has lost 2 pounds too. We are rockin' this thing!

Have a great day ladies (and gent)

Yay Tracy! You are doing great! mmm Icees are so good, but my doc told me I could never ever have them again.... they are carbonated :) BUT lots of people have a little soda/carbonation after a while so I'm not gonna let it worry me lol :wink3:

as of this morning I'm down 29 lbs!! I can't remember when I last saw the 230s! It's all a little surreal right now. I'm hungry most of the day, but it seems to be a different hungry. This one I can handle. It's not the cold sweat, shakes, roaring in my ears hungry gonna pass out hungry.

Now I want an Icee................. :)

Icees.....Rick and I were shopping in Target a couple of weeks ago, and he wanted a drink, so I bought an icee. Well, you buy your cup then fill it yourself. I had always loved their white cherry, I love the cherry, hate the red dye! Anyway, cherry is bright red. So they had this lighter colored one, and it was blackberry lemonade. OMG it was soooooo good! Rick ended up drinking so much of it we had to get a refill before we left!!! I may go shop Target today!!!

Thinking of taking Kinsey to see the new Nanny McPhee movie. She and her Mommy are at the park now, so will wait, and not interupt their little time together there.

Manda has accepted a date! She swore off men for awhile!!! LOL, it was good, she needed to focus on WHAT SHE wanted from a man, not all the other garbage! She is just going to dinner! LOL Next Friday night. Her ex is officially moved. Kinsey took it hard, she loves her Daddy, and enjoyed her time with him. And Manda said to be honest there were times it was nice to have an evening or night to herself, so I will try to remember to have Kinsey come spend the night more frequently. I hesitated because then if he took her, Manda was upset at her being gone too much!! Parenthood.......

Suzie, will you organize my house while you are here????

Well we had a disaster.........ok not a serious one, but it hurts me! My brother come to help me do the yard as part of my birthday. I was putting Scotts Turf Builder on the lawn and plants---in the back yard, so he grabbed THE bag he said and did the front. Well ALL my plants in front, the bedding plants, the hangers the porch baskets, everything is DYING or DEAD. I watered and fretted, well last night I went looking for my whirly thingy to put some seed out on the hill (I use it with bird seed all over the hill) and found where he put it-----in the bag of WEED & FEED. It kills all broadleaf, or succulents. In other words, the grass was fine, it killed everything else. My porch looks pathetic. SOOOOOOO Sad. Not to mention an expensive replacement this late in the season......sniff sniff.

Michelle, I was diagnosed with Lupus due to the # of factors I matched back 14 + years ago. Then the immunologist they sent me to, said no it was definitely some sort of connective tissue disorder but not lupus. Eventually they decided the points were matching due to my RA---but I have never (knocking like a mad woman on the desk here) had another flare. My DD on the other hand has them frequently, with increasing severity. It is hoped with her upcoming surgery that will lessen, as studies have shown it to. Will be PM'ing that info to you all.

Better do that now, or my brain will freeze again.....

Terri-congrats on the weight loss! That is fanstastic. Just forget everything I said about Icees. :thumbup: I am not a very good influence am I?

I wanna go see Nanny McPhee too.....

Tracy, you are rocking this thing! Congrats on the weight loss.

I just checked with The Daily Plate and it says that a

Cherry Ice 6oz is 200 calories

Blue Raspberry 6oz is 80 calories

Original Cherry 6oz is 80 calories

Cocoa Cola 6oz is 260 calories

White Cherry 6oz is 80 calories.

So watch what flavor you get.

I want the blackberry lemonade icee!!! I should care about the calorie count, but don't!! I have had one in a year....lol

Got things ready to go get a load of wood in Mancos in the morning. I am driving up alone, but my Dad and my Brother are both taking their trucks up too---so we will work on our own, then as we finish, will help out whoever lacks being done---in other words, they will likely end up helping me!!! LOL, I say that because they can both work circles around me, PLUS Dad has a little Toyota truck, and my brother has a shell on his, and mine is a long bed, full size F250---so it holds more!!!

We are going to the Excelsior Factory---they have Aspen wood, cut and ready to load. It is GREAT wood for warming the house quickly---it burns hot and fast---it keeps the chimney cleaned out, and they have lots of small pieces, perfect for kindling---so I get half a load of it, and half a load of full size logs, and it works out great. 3-4 pieces of the small stuff to start the fire is SOOOOO easy! LOL

They went up on the prices, but it is going even higher Wed. It will go up 5-10 a load each month. The colder and more in demand, the higher the price.

Thanks for all the replies to my PM----with the extras we get, she prefers keeping it under wraps for now. It will be out before long anyway. Can't keep those things secret! They are all taken to heart and appreciated!

Mom is coming over in the morning to put Kinsey on the bus, we are leaving at 6:30. It is an hours drive---they open at 7---but I am not leaving any earlier! I also don't want to leave later, and deal with all the school busses. Will take a couple of hours to load max, so we should be back before noon easy.

Then the unloading will wait til Rick gets off, because he stacks better than I do---mine tend to fall!!! I d not do it on purpose!!! Promise!!!

Well I am going to go to bed early, for all the good it will do me!!!

See ya tomorrow, after my adventure!!! Last time I went alone, I got my windshield shot out on the way home!!! Scary crap!!!

Hi Tracy and fellow banders! My my name is Shar, I live NW Ohio. I was banded in March '10. I've lost 40lbs, but I have been slipping lately. My husband and I went on vacation the 1st week of Aug, and I have been struggling every since.

Seriously trying to get my game face back on. I get my second fill on Sept. 1st. Wish me luck.

(I'll let you guys know how it goes.)

Shar

Kat, be safe today.

Tracy and Terri, keep up the great work. I know it's hard but good job.

Shar, welcome. So glad to have you here. You will get back on track, I just know it.

Hi everyone.

Off to work, I'll check in later.

Morning!

((((Michelle))))....((((Kat))))

I am praying for you both today.

Welcome, Shar. You picked a cool group to join!

Tracy, the creme brulee was out of this world! My torch from Target was terrible. I guess I need to work with it some more (or maybe I don't...see below). It might just be operator error...lol.

On that note...I have gained 10 lbs. Not cool. I have been eating a lot of sandwiches and carb-filled meals (things I used to get stuck on) and sweets. I guess I need to get in and get some sort of fill soon. This is the first time in two years that I have been without anything in my band. It's renewing my faith that's for sure!!

Congratulations Tracy and Terri on the weight loss!!! I'm gonna have to dust off my tennis shoes and get with the program myself.

I want to chat, but work is calling! Be back later!!!

Angela

Good Grief! I use a lot of exclamation points when I write...lol.

I just went back to clean some of it up real quick. I quit!!!! I guess I am excited when I write....

Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...

Angela

The van is washed, vacuumed, windows cleaned and gas tank filled. Now it's just ready to load all the crap in it. We will start that soon. I need to take a breather for a little bit.

Probably have to go out to dinner tonight. That way I won't have leftovers and the kitchen will be clean. I have on more load of laundry to do.

On the road again, just can't wait to get on the road again.