Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

All's well here, had a great time at the fireworks last night. Rick is playing slave boy today--------his Dad found out he was off, and has a mile long list----even tho his brother was here all last week. They had him clean the car, silly crap--Rick gets to plow, and cut alfalfa. Which is what he would rather do anyway!!! He is the one who would tell them to wash the car themselves, they CAN DO that!!! They just won't!!!

So I am gonna mow. Then we are headed to Olive Garden, then to the fireworks tonight--just the 2 of us. We had a BLAST with the group last night, but tonight is for us!

Will check in when the mowing is done....woohooo!

Everyone have fun and be Safe! Happy 4th of July to you all!!!

Yikes trying to catch up with everyone! It's been a crazy week around here!!

Suzanne yay about your path report! I bet the relief is huge! Hope the hematoma is resolving well.

Kat geez bullying already? And I'm sure the parents think she is perfect..... Poor Kinsey. How was the weiner mobile lol? It was all over the news.

Wonder what happen to Bethany and Terri----we run 'em off???? lol nope I'm still here, just wayyyy behind!

My son and dil just got a Harley. They are having a blast. They ride it to the lake and then get on DH's new bass boat! Life can't get much better can it lol.

I hate Halliburton. They are such jerks. I think they should be EXTRA taxed having HQ's out of the country.

I agree! And even more awful about his holiday pay! Definitely not fair. Even tho DH has to work so hard and put in so many hours (we are self-employed now) he says he'll never go back to a big corporation. The get so big that people don't matter anymore.

Good luck getting in Olive Garden, it's a zoo everytime we've tried to go! ick I need to mow again too....

Angela, glad to hear the surgery went well, but darn that he has to have more. Glad he can play football :) Growing up in West Texas football is ingrained lol. The book/tv show/movie "Friday Night Lights"? I grew up in the town it's modeled after, only I went to the high school on the "other" side of town lol. DH went to that school and his little sister was in school during that time.

Hello to everyone else, I know I've missed things but the phone keeps ringing and I keep loosing my place!

As Kat said I start preop tomorrow. I'm trying today but I'm already so hungry I'm getting a headache. ughhhh

Preop appts were craziness. That is the most unorganized office I've ever been in. They kept loosing my file, kept forgetting to give me certain forms, I filled out the same form 3 or 4 times. I was really doubting this decision by the end of the day. But I'm going ahead since the surgeon seems to have it together.

Then our daughter came home as a surprise Friday night. She lives in Phoenix right now. We had fun yesterday and she just left to meet her dad, brother and sil at the lake. Fireworks last night were great, makes it nice when you can see them from your house and don't have to fight the crowds and traffic.

I have my preop for my Lithotripsy (sp?) procedure tomorrow. Did I tell you guys I also had kidney stones? Can't remember lol. Anyway I have them blastedon the 12th then my lapband on the 19th. Lapband surgeon says it's ok with them, just need to get a final ok with the Urologist tomorrow. The urologist I initially saw said it would be ok to do them that close together, but I'll check with the one actually doing the procedure.

Hope everyone is having a great 4th!

Terri

Terri, so glad you checked in. Sorry about the pre-op. I didn't have to do it so I don't know how hard it is to get thru it. But good luck with it. Keep us posted on both of your procedures.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!

Ended up a busy day! Church this AM, then home for a couple of hours then out to a friend's for a BBQ. It was nice. We got home about 20 minutes ago.

On the way home I can see the ridge just above us really good and there was a huge black plume of dark smoke. Tried to call DH to see if they got it but it went to VM. Got home and turned on the scanner and they've got people on it. It's not too close to us. A few miles away. No worries for us. And it's in the forest, no houses too horribly close.

Oh! DH is the IC for the fire! I just heard him on the radio!! They've got the fire. He's already releasing equipment.

Terri, sounds like things are lining up well for your surgery. Best wishes on everything!!!

Hugs y'all!!!

Well, the rain held off till right around 9:30pm. At that point you should have heard them trying to light them off as fast as they could. I headed to bed at 10 and I could still hear a few of them going. But all in all, I think it turned out a good day.

Now it is rain. It rained all night and they expect it to rain for the next 3 days. That will wreak havoc with my walking. Just I'll just have to ready and catch it when it stops long enough.

I'm going back to WW's this morning. I haven't been in about 3 weeks. I'm preparing myself for a shock and then hoping it won't be too bad. I know I have gain, I'm just hoping that it won't be something that I can't get back under control in the next few weeks. I do think that I will make an appointment to go get a small fill.

Hope you all had a great weekend and a safe one.

Long boring day. My back has hurt most of it. I'm wondering if it is all the rain that we are having that is causing it. I'm gonna take some pain meds and head to bed early. I actually have not taken any pain meds in 2 days so I'm doing ok on that part.

WW's didn't go as well as I was hoping but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Since before my surgery I only gained 4 pounds. I showed them my scar and they were all amazed that I was even there. I sat for most of the meeting but then had to get up and stand for the rest. I took my pillow in with me.

See ya all in the morning.

We made it through the 4th, and now most of the 5th! LOL

We had a really good time last night. Things are in chaos with our girls, it all boils down to the ordeal with Manda's storage shed, and her considering legal charges. Now Abbey is taking it to the Derby. Manda said she will sell out her share of the league. But it will be a battle. She is (Abbey) talking trash about the girls who don't want Manda to leave---2 of them are a lesbian couple, and she made slurs to that effect, and has everyone at odds. All because of her crazay witch of a Mom. I so wish Rick's kids would have grown up more like him, less like her!! I realize the propensity to develop bi polar issues is strong in the blood line, and they have no choice in the matter, but c'mon, these are not children. They are supposed to be adults! I have absolutely nothing good to say about any of them right now! No one does----imagine! Abbey is talking non stop crap about both her brother and his wife. As well as Manda. I wish they could just be sent to their rooms. Ground them!!! Nah, better they are in their own home, and not mine!!!

But Rick and I totally enjoyed ourselves last night. Then today we took a loooong ride! We rode up and over Wolf Creek Pass---then down to a side area---about 300 miles. Was so nice out---in the mountains it was not hot. Long sleeves were nice to keep the chill off at 55+ mph. Skies were clear---loved it! We stopped in Pagosa Springs CO and had a late lunch----now just vegging at home.

Going to town tomorrow to buy a new EZ shade. Found one I want, it is actually an offset umbrella---my Aunt has one, and I like it!

Terri---I had a very simple pre op, for a week prior, I ate high Protein, extremely low fat. Kind of like an Atkins thing. I lost a few pounds, but nothing drastic. He said my liver looked fine for the surgery---so I guess I did enough!!! Good Luck with your soup! There are Soup options at most of the places---but does it have to be a certain kind of soup?

Actually, not sure unless we shot for tomorrow---you have the uniform guy on Wed. and my MIL has her lung cancer surgery on Thurs. So---from there, life will be outta whack for awhile.

Rick was supposed to go back and work Tues, Wed, & Thur. then go on vacation for a week (we were supposed to go to Yellowstone). But instead he is taking Thurs. off and working Fri. She will be in the hosp. with all the family in, so we figure she won't miss him! Then he has the next 10 days or so off---I am sure since we are staying home, his Dad can find lots for him to do, before his surgery on the 16th.

We were leaving the 16th for Grants to go to a rally----guess that too will be cancelled. Our summer has went to hell in a hurry!!! LOL

That's ok----Sturgis is one month away~

Well I am gonna go move the Water, I think Rick forgot it......

Morning, up and getting ready to head out the door. Sis has a Doc appointment that I need to take her too. Then it's back home for me.

I'm actually going back to work this afternoon. They were short someone for today so I told them I would give it a try. We'll see how it goes. If all is well then I will go back to work on my regualr schedule next monday. Looks like a few things are getting back to normal.

This thursday I go back to the Docs to have them check the Hematoma. Hopefully all is well. Till then it's been sponge baths and washing my hair in the kitchen sink. I'll be glad to get back in the shower and do a good scrubbing.

Hope Tracy is all moved in. We should be hearing from her soon.

Be back soon.

Good morning all~

My ckeyboard is dying! Onc e again it has a strange c thrown in here and there---the support tothe space bar has dropped on the letter c ----so following many spaces, cI get a c --------or I get no space at all. Grrrrrrr!!! So I am buying a new one today. Thrill!

Will check cin in awhile....with proper spac es, and no extra c 's I hope!!!!

Suzanne, I hope your day at work went well.

I guess Tracy will check in if her internet gets hooked up.

Terri, how did the preop go?

New keyboard!! Not what I want----probably would be good for me, but yuck!!! It is little, sized like my laptop---which is why I don't much care for it! Gonna try it for the night, if it grows on me, ok, if not---back it goes!

Cindy---I just noticed your bandiversary is coming up!!!

Are you elated that school is out?

I am off to my inlaws. Not thrilled, she is making me VERY unhappy. Sounds mean with her facing what she is, but she has in my face defied something I ask her not to do, she about broke her neck doing it, and has continued, all KNOWING it is hurting Rick, and she is acting like it is on purpose.....so I have not seen her since TX!!!! Oh well......will go and make nice!

See ya later!

hey all! First day of preop sucks lol. I want to eat sooooo bad. But it's almost time to go to bed thank goodness. Preop with the Urologist went ok except I had told him TWICE about the lapband surgery and yesterday he acts like I never told him! grrrrrrrr And know he doesn't think I should do it so soon after the Lithotripsy for the kidney stones.

WHY don't doctors listen????? I'm ticked at all of them right now! So I called and talked to the NP for lapband and she pused it back 1 day (my next option is the end of August) and we'll wait and see what the head Urologist says after the lithotripsy.

Suzanne hope your day at work goes ok. Just take it easy.

Kat, sorry I wasn't able to get online and read until now, so I missed today lol. Sounds like we are both busy for a couple of weeks so we'll play it by ear. Just let me know if you have a day free and I'll go if I can. If not maybe you can be my first post op date!! lol Hope your mil's surgery goes well. Good for you being the better person and making nice tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Terri

Awwww Terri, osrry the Dr's are being such asses!

My MIL went yesterday for her EKG, and to meet with the anesthesiologist. Got the EKG done, then had to wait in the exam room for 2 and a half hours for the anes. to come in! They ask if they had to wait, and the nurse said oh yes, he will cancel the surgery if he does not meet with you first!

So MIL is there with 2 SIL's. There is the exam table, one chair and the stool. So they were all sitting watching the little TV when he finally come in. His first words to them were directed at my SIL, he told her "that is my chair you need to move" then he turned off the TV, and told them tons of negative things! That she has a high likelyhood of stroking out, that she is going to be surgically cut it doesn't matter what her Dr. said. The surgery will be 4-6 hours not the 2 the Dr. said. She will be in ICU for several days if she makes it (yes he said that!) All totally opposite what her surgeon said. Finally she ask him was HE going to be the one there, he said hers was the biggest surgery scheduled for Thurs. and he was putting his 2 best people on it, but no he was not going to be there----she felt much better! The ONLY thing she had going for her he said was old people seldom have heart attacks on the table!

Doesn't it seem our dr.'s are getting worse and worse! Big heads, and have an Only I matter sense of entitlement!

Then I got a letter in the mail yesterday---SJRMC (our local hospital) will no longer accept our BCBS insurance! I now have to go to Colorado for all my medical. FRUSTRATING!!!

No word yet from Tracy-----wonder if there was a snafu in her hook up date. Maybe she is just swamped getting things back in order. I would hate to move!

Suzie---how is the hematoma???? Working already?? You must be related to the Energizer Bunny!!! LOL

Michelle--Did DH get his fire taken care of? Are you like glued to the scanner when you hear he is there? I think I am worry wart enough I would be!

Angela---you back yet? I saw where you said you were off again on FB---check in when you can!

I need to go pick up pictures, get some keys made for Rick, and then I suppose spend some time out at the inlaws. Rick has to go directly from work so he can bale the hay tonight. He has a brother here now, but God forbid he be expected to do a damn thing! The local sister takes her parents to the Dr. appt's etc. She does it faithfully! She also allows THEM to make decisions. But then the sister from Denver shows up and treats the SIL here, and all of us like we never do anything for them, she starts changing crap, and setting appointments etc----that the one here has to keep. They annoy the hell outta me with their holier than thou attitude, because THEY live in the CITY....THEY know BEST. Us hicks from the sticks know nothing, we just serve them. Grrrrrrrr. And I love his family. It is just the stress, makes everything seem multiplied! They don't get to spend much time with their parents, so it is like they want to make themselves known....which just makes more for those of us here. But I will say it is easier WITHOUT our kids living right there! We thought it would be harder, but not having to worry about them being used is making it easier....who would have thought!!!!

Gonna hit the shower and go. Will check in when I can!!!

I was in laying on the bed in the computer room, hubby was on the computer. TV going, just relaxing. The news was on and they were doing a segment on people texting while driving and how Moms are now the leading ones doing the texting. All of a sudden my text goes off on my phone. I had to giggle.

It was Tracy. She was wanting to know how I was doing. We chatted for a little bit and then she said the cable guy showed up, so hopefully she will be on-line soon. She said she is sore from moving but holding up ok.

I did work last night and by the end of my shift I was ready to go home and get in bed, which I did. This morning I got up and just felt lazy. Back is kinda sore so I decided to crawl into the bed in the computer room and watch tv with hubby.

Kat, that is horrible what you MIL went thru with the Doc. What a creep. Not sure what I would have said to him. My sis has spent the last 2 days at the hospital with her friend that had surgery Monday. She said the head nurse was horrible. She said there were 2 patients on the floor and this lady was mad because she had to work on the day after a holiday. The nurse came into Pams room and she told her to get out until she got an attitude adjustment, to send the aide in from now on. Good for her.

I can honestly say that in the last month that all that I went thru with the cancelled surgery and test that I have no complaints with anyone. I met some of the most compassionate people and very nice and cheerful people. I truly had it lucky. Several times I could see the potential for problems, especially with such stressfull situations but I choose to be positive and get thru this the best that I could. And it worked. I had wonderful nurses and care takers. I'm home and healing and getting better with each day.

Think I'll go take a walk before it starts to rain again. See ya soon.

Just got back from a one mile walk. It is totally yuck out there. It's in the lower eighties but the humidity is at 98% and there is not a breeze to be had. Glad I got that over with. Hopefully later after it rains again I can go one more time.