Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home Thread...for the thread homeless :)

TracyK

Tracy, HUGS!!!!

Kat, so glad you got to see Megan.

Suzanne, thank you so much! Not nervous at all. Weird. It was the same with my band. I'd made the decision and I was going for it. Kinda the same thing here. Tho VERY much needed. I'm done with my "issues" and we need to take care of it. Done!

The Lord is Blessing me with that confidence. It is only thru Him that I can even feel this way.

I'll check in as soon as I can. Should be home by evening. We'll see how drugged I am as to when I can get on the computer. DH can bring it to me in bed! LOL!!!

'Night Ladies! And thank you ALL so much for your prayers and thoughts.

Good morning all

miss ya

Friday turned out nice - got home at 5 on Sat afternoon and slept until 8 yesterday and just didn't have an ounce of anything in me so here i am getting up and ready for work

i'll check in later on... and try to catch up

Michelle-thinking of you!

Jenn-glad things went well Friday :eek: I miss you too!

I gotta bring Macy to school so I will post again later!

Thinking of you Michelle!

Taking Manda to the ortho today---she is driving, but our concern is how much pain she may be in when they move it around a lot deciding what has been done. She still cannot move the joint. Anxious to know what is going on.

Rick made it home fairly early yesterday, we worked in the yard, and had a good day. He grilled burgers for dinner, then my folks stopped by on their way home from a prayer group, and they had a burger with us. It was really nice.

Had to laugh, when we were working in the yard, Rick's Mom called, and he was talking to her, and she was wanting to know what was going on with the kids moving. Somehow it come up that he (son)was still mad at me, because I said that the property out there would never be in his name. LOL--Like that is MY decision??? I was simply repeating what had been said by my divorced husband many a time! If the property remains in at least Ricks name, then he would not lose everything in the event of a divorce! Ask Rick about buying homes and giving them away!!! So, he is mad at ME about a decision made by his DAD for HIS own good! Talk about communication break down!

Then while talking his Mom let him know that the kids had not been paying their rent. Oh man! I knew that....thought he did. DIL told me they worked it off, I thought it was an agreement with the grandparents, because the kids DID do a lot of work for them. So I blew it off. So would Rick have if it had been an agreement. Then being yelled at about doing all the work took on new meaning. I guess he wants someone else to do the work (we are now) and he wants to live for free.......boy do they have a rude awakening coming! 2$ an hour more is not going to make up for living free. Emotional binds are a different issue, and I fully understand the need to get away and live on their own, and I don't blame them, but it is an idiotic move in this economy. But we all do it, we all learn our hard lessons. Hope the grandsons don't suffer for it.

Got the irrigation Water on this weekend, and boy the yard looks so good!!! We have plants ready to put out once the risk of frost is gone. And we plan to mow for the first time tonight. Supposed to be nice today and tomorrow, then wind and rain, the rest of the week through the weekend! I want some riding time!!! LOL. Mother Nature is not being agreeable!

Glad your party went off well Jenn, post some pics!!

Going to go get ready, think I will see if Manda wants to meet Rick in town for lunch.< /strong>

Take care!

Hey Girls.

Hi Jenn, we sure do miss you alot. Glad to hear that they had a good time.

I hope everything goes ok at Manda's appointment. Sure hope they find out what is causing the problem.

I worked this morning and then went to my WW meeting. I'm down 22.6 pounds since I started so I am extremely happy with that. There was a girl there today that is down 10 pounds and she got to telling us that she had had by-pass surgery 3 years ago and lost 100 pounds. She has recently put back on 19 pounds and told herself that it needed to stop and that is what brought her to WW. She still has about another 100 to lose on top of the 19. She was telling that they did the surgery and then there was 6 weeks of follow-up and then they were done with her. Sent her back out into the world with no idea of how to eat now. Even though her stomach says it only wants 1/2 cup of food, her head is telling her that she can eat what ever she wants. Poor thing.

I am so extremely proud of my Doctor and the role he plays in our lives. He is so into us it's scary. We have monthly support group meetings, Monthly nutritional meetings, Reboot camp and a whole list of other things that are available to us at no cost. He's awesome. And I use as much of it as I can. When I'm not working I go to the monthly meetings and they are such and inspiration to me.

Sure do hope that everything is going ok with Michelle's surgery.

Hey Suzie~ Just got home. Manda broke the ball part of the joint. It is currently in proper position, just fractured through the center pretty much. She is going to be in the sling for another 6 weeks. They cannot cast it easily due to the arm pit sweating....and the best position for it is hanging down, with support. If it comes apart, then she will have to have surgery to place a screw in it to hold it together. He said he cannot test for the rotator cuff injury or anything else until this heals, as he does not want to try to move the arm unnecessarily.

FIL went in and had his catheter removed, and still cannot pass urine on his own, so they put it back in for another week---can you imagine the misery?

My Mom went to the dentist, but have not heard from her--I am half afraid to!!!

I have heard nothing from Michelle--hope all went ok, and she is just recovering enough to head home. Amazing how they do these surgeries as day surgery now! And mine was not that long ago---but the advances are fast!

I need to go to the station and get gas for the mower, so it can be ready when Rick gets home. Ugh. SO not in the mood to do this!! LOL

And here I sit eating a cookie. Where is my brain???

Will check in later....if I do not get moving on this I will totally not do it!! I'll just eat more cookies!

Thanks for the update. Poor Manda. I know when I had my shoulder in a sling it froze up and I had to have therapy on it. I tried several times a day to take it out and use the arm but it still froze on me. Good Luck to her.

My surgery was in 87 and I was in for 5 days, they wouldn't let me leave till I passed gas. It's weird how they do it now.

We are done with mowing. It stopped raining long enough for us to get it done. It wasn't as muddy as I thought it was going to be but it is supposed to get down into the 40 tonight. And I packed all my winter stuff away last friday, lol.

Kat-your poor FIL. I can't imagine what he is going through. That has to be so miserable. Well, at least Manda (and you) know what the whole story is. Sux that its broke but like you said, at least she knows she has a justifyable reason for it to still be hurting!

Suzanne-my dr has monthly meetings too. i'll bet that would give me a good shove in the right direction. i just dont wanna go and seem like such a failure. Dont want to scare the new people but you know what...maybe my story may give them a healthy dose of reality. We'll see. I will call my dr office tomorrow and see when the next meeting is.

I wonder how michelle is....

Have a great night ladies!

I hope we hear from Michelle when she feels up to it. My surgery was outpatient, but I wound up being put back in the hospital for 4 days less than a week later. I had some kind of infection that they never identified. I just had an elevated wbc count and fever. Within a month, I had felt better than I had in ages. It IMMEDIATELY got rid of my Migraines. It is second only to being banded as the best thing I had ever done for myself.

Kat, I am sorry to hear about Manda. I hope she heals quickly.

Tracy: you have a support system here. You can fight this. It is very difficult and I also struggle with it everyday. I think the only reason I continue to maintain my loss is because I work everyday. Occasionally, candy ( I AM in an elementary school) overtakes me, but for the most part, I do well during the day. The evenings are a struggle, but I have started going to the gym. I have come to realize this will be something I will actively have to battle my whole life. Luckily the band helps me, but it dang sure doesn't do it for me.:smile:

My daughter has put on 15 lbs this year. She became complacent with her eating. She usually eats basically a Sugar Buster type diet about 80% of the time. Well...this year her new boyfriend has fattened her up. Taking her out for milkshakes, burgers, Taco Bell and bringin her doughnuts in the mornings :thumbup:. It snuck up on her, and now she is furious with herself. She knows she must eat. I don't believe in starving to lose weight, so she has recently begun to watch her diet (taken out the junk and Taco Bell) and goes to the gym with me. In a way she is lucky. She won't be the female who is naturally thin her whole life and then packs on the pounds later. She knows that she must live a healthy lifestyle and exercise to be fit. Heck, our family history of joint and heart problems DEMAND we take care of ourselves.:smile:

HUGS everyone!

Oh, I will try to post a before prom pic that shows the evil enabler with her:w00t:. He is really sweet. Like she says, "he didn't shove the food in my mouth, he just gladly bought it!"

morning all

michelle

glad you are home and checked in

Suzanne - GO YOU. I need to get my butt in gear I am still about 185 on average and that just doesn't work for me. that is up 5 - i need to be down 35 .. yuck

Tracy - how is ya sister? still going to come visit me?

Kat - wow - you never have a dull moment,

shoot i got distracteed, lost all thoughts, sorry all

have to run, have to be on the road in 10 mins, only good thing i look like hell and don't care... going to rain all day today, i'm going to be cold, wet and dirty so why bother...

Michelle, so glad to see you home. Now the recovery begins. Take good care and remember to not overdo anything.

Jenn, Glad to see you post and it's great to know that you are busy, busy and busy. That's what keeps me out of trouble.

Work this morning and then have to run my sis to her Doc appointment. After that I'm pretty much free for the day. Not sure what I'll work on yet. I have a few things I need to get busy on.

Make it a good one.

Tracy: you have a support system here. You can fight this. It is very difficult and I also struggle with it everyday. I think the only reason I continue to maintain my loss is because I work everyday. Occasionally, candy ( I AM in an elementary school) overtakes me, but for the most part, I do well during the day. The evenings are a struggle, but I have started going to the gym. I have come to realize this will be something I will actively have to battle my whole life. Luckily the band helps me, but it dang sure doesn't do it for me.:unsure:

For some reason...i am having trouble taking the first step. The first step back to a healthy me, the first step back into the workforce, the first step in going to support meetings. I need to just DO IT. I am scared and I am not sure why. Failure again maybe? I will figure it out. In the meantime i think the first step is to make some calls today to find out when the next meeting is. Thanks for being here for me. I appreciate you all more than you know.

I'm home. Surgery was textbook, Doc was happy.

Glad to hear that you are home and recovering. Take care of yourself and check in when you are up to it!

Tracy - how is ya sister? still going to come visit me?

Yeah, as soon as i can get my fat ass back into an airplane seat again comfortably. lol (((hugs))) love ya! :wub:

Suzanne-i am so proud that you are doing IT! Can you bottle up some of that got get 'em and send it to me? lol I wish it were that easy!

Well, today and the next 2 days after i am keeping the kids again for the lady i used to sit for. I am really excited to see them! I'll bet the young one is crawling everywhere :scared2:. I hope he doesn't hurt himself on this tile floor! DH was NOT happy about me keeping them. He says it is for my health but I am beginning to wonder if it is because he doesnt want me to have any sort of life or just wants me to have him all to myself? I knew he would be mad but i said yes anyway. I had to show him that I CAN & WILL do what i want. He is working anyway, that is why it puzzles me somewhat. Anyway....at least with the kids here i wont have time to eat all day! :wink:

Have a great day everyone!