Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HAIR HELP!!!!!!!! (finally an answer!)

The woman at the nail salon told me to take 5,000 mg. of Biotin a day to help with soft nails (which I have), and since starting on that dose, not only are my nails stronger, but my Hair loss has slowed down tremendously!! :scared2:

Hey Guys!!! 2000 mg has been working for me, within the first 2 weeks (and with my unfill- now re-filled) The loss stopped dramatcially. sunday while blowing out my hair, I noticed the regrowth around my hairline, which believe it or not is what had me panicing in the first place.

Ann, The bottle I have says "for energy support" on it, but I have so much coffee in a day that I don't notice the extra boost!. And if you check out the GNC -hair, skin, nails Vitamin packets, there is a 1500mg of Biotin vitamin. Alot of the research I did on this little miricle, Said that, can strengthen nails, and hair folicles (because they are actually the same thing believe it or not!!!!) I do know that I am feeling good again, and well not as self concious to go get my hair re-touched up (held off on that until I knew wtf was going on) Glad to see I helped everyone :cursing:

Yay! I'm so glad it's working for you, Sarah! And I'm so glad to see you back on here! :cursing: I've been wondering how you're doing.

I don't think the Biotin is helping me with energy... she says as she sips her coffee. LOL :scared2:

Not taking anything, but my Hair loss has finally stopped on its own... it was just a temporary issue (which I've faced before because I went through this after giving birth to my daughter and I was also losing weight quickly then...)

My Hair loss was pretty bad but is just now slowing down noticably. I know my nutrition is good and it seems very common in people who were banded around the same time (May) so I just blame the surgery...

hair Loss - it happens to some - it doesn't happen to all..

Some say it's the surgery - some say it's the lack of Protein - my hair dresser says it's lack of fats.

It does grow back - I had a gf who did medifast (no surgery) and she lost tons of hair (so I agree w/hair dresser may be lack of fat in our diets).

You can get all the Biotin - Protein - etc and still lose it - I don't think anyone really knows and when I asked my doc he said the same..

Linda Congrats on Onderland !!! WTG

hair Loss - it happens to some - it doesn't happen to all..

Some say it's the surgery - some say it's the lack of Protein - my hair dresser says it's lack of fats.

It does grow back - I had a gf who did medifast (no surgery) and she lost tons of hair (so I agree w/hair dresser may be lack of fat in our diets).

You can get all the Biotin - Protein - etc and still lose it - I don't think anyone really knows and when I asked my doc he said the same..

Linda Congrats on Onderland !!! WTG

I agree with the fats thing, that was one thing I found with my research on this. Along with the Biotin and increased protein intake, I also upped my fats content, but was really smart about it. The Protein drinks I buy, are vegan, but they also have 6g of fat & 12grams of Protein per serving (2 servings in the bottle- which I can down in about 2 mins) and I had 1 of those a day and just watched everything else that I ate, so long as it was high protein. I'm a vegetarian, but crave red meat every so often, and usually when I crave it I eat it. fo the first few weeks on the biotin, I upped my red meat intake, basically I live with 2 carnivores, so I would make tacos & put a tablespoon of meat with 3 tablespoons of Beans, and with meat sauce, I would Strain the sauce off the top and then strain meat out of the pot and put about 2 tablespoons on my Pasta. And once a week there was a no holds barred of a 5 guys little burger. And then there was the steak incident lol..... So at this point, today esp. I haven't had meat in about 3 weeks but now that I said 5guys, I want one, and will probably give into it!

I agree with the fats thing, that was one thing I found with my research on this. Along with the Biotin and increased Protein intake, I also upped my fats content, but was really smart about it. The Protein drinks I buy, are vegan, but they also have 6g of fat & 12grams of Protein per serving (2 servings in the bottle- which I can down in about 2 mins) and I had 1 of those a day and just watched everything else that I ate, so long as it was high protein. I'm a vegetarian, but crave red meat every so often, and usually when I crave it I eat it. fo the first few weeks on the Biotin, I upped my red meat intake, basically I live with 2 carnivores, so I would make tacos & put a tablespoon of meat with 3 tablespoons of Beans, and with meat sauce, I would Strain the sauce off the top and then strain meat out of the pot and put about 2 tablespoons on my Pasta. And once a week there was a no holds barred of a 5 guys little burger. And then there was the steak incident lol..... So at this point, today esp. I haven't had meat in about 3 weeks but now that I said 5guys, I want one, and will probably give into it!

What's a 5 guys :0) - I don't think we have them in Cali :closedeyes:)

I'm lucky I didn't lose any hair - I took the biotin prior to surgery - have always gotten my 60 grms pt and have cut my fat intake 99% but still get plenty of healthy fats :0)

I could be Paula Dean's Sister or Emerils - Twin - Butter baby and pork fat rules - but alas thoses days are long gone - well 27 months gone :0)

I get plenty of fat and Protein (I'm a low-carb girl) so I know it wasn't a shortage of those things for me.

Another cause is rapid hormonal changes. I think that's what my deal was. I've adjusted, the weight loss is slowing, and my body is settling into its new reality and that's why I think the loss has stopped.

But regardless of the cause - I'm just happy to be done with it. LOL

What's a 5 guys :0) - I don't think we have them in Cali :blushing:)

I'm lucky I didn't lose any hair - I took the Biotin prior to surgery - have always gotten my 60 grms pt and have cut my fat intake 99% but still get plenty of healthy fats :0)

I could be Paula Dean's Sister or Emerils - Twin - Butter baby and pork fat rules - but alas thoses days are long gone - well 27 months gone :0)

5 guys burgers & Fries.... It's mainly an east coast (Wash. dc, virginia, Maryland, NJ, PA, NYC) thing- (ANN, you better back me up here lol j/k) and in my personal opinion puts both in & out burger & carls Jr. to SHAME. They make awesome burgers, and I did as I said and had one for dinner last night, and it was amazing. There are somethings when cooking I just can't adjust and the #1 thing is my grilled cheese sandwiches, They have to be soaked in butter and almost to the point of being burnt, thats the only way I'll eat them. BUT I don't eat them often so that is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, since I had one for dindin last night, I've been low cal/carb/fat today, thats how I alternate. and I'll do the same tomorrow. I didn't budge weight wise despite my fill last week, so I think by next weekend my ass will def be hitting the treadmill, because obviously what I have been doing isn't working anymore. so it's time to buck up and finally join the gym.

hair wise, the re-growth is amazing, my part has filled in, and it looks like I'm wearing a wig lol!!!!

5 guys burgers & Fries.... It's mainly an east coast (Wash. dc, virginia, Maryland, NJ, PA, NYC) thing- (ANN, you better back me up here lol j/k) and in my personal opinion puts both in & out burger & carls Jr. to SHAME. They make awesome burgers, and I did as I said and had one for dinner last night, and it was amazing.

Yep, Five Guys are here in the DC Metro area (DC, VA, MD). They have very yummy burgers! :wink2:

Five Guys also in Western PA. The best fries on earth. I love the burgers, but don't like the cheese much.

I love it, but it never did agree with me. Too much fat.