Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November 2009 Bandsters??

My surgery is tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. I am very nervous about it. I am glad to read some positive responses in here though. Congratulations to those of you who have just had the surgery. I will remember to take a pillow with me for the drive home also.

Best of luck to you, Vickster! I'm going to be driving 10 hours home from my doctor... is that going to be completely unmanageable? I'll have a pillow and my dad's car has heated seats, and he doesn't mind stopping for me to use the restroom or walk around.

@ soexcited. I still have some deficiences. But apparently it wasn't enough to stop the surgery. I just have to follow up on it and take extra supplements. I am in some pain today. Not too bad since I only had ONE incision. I plan on going for a walk later. I am so happy I did this. Oh and I had some Tomato Soup that tasted like heaven!! Considering I only had Protein Shakes for 3 weeks.

Edited by melloways

@ GraciesMom. You can certainly stick to the pre op diet. I was on mine for 3 weeks and it was just Protein Shakes and 1 cup of veggies if I felt like I was starving. I did cheat one time though. But cheated with low fat string cheese (at least it had protein). I didn't mess up again though. I just had surgery yesterday. I only needed ONE incision (SIL), my surgeon said my liver looked perfect. I like to think it was because of the diet. I lost 22lbs on it. That's a nice jump start. So keep up the good work and be strong!!! It'll be worth it.

I am still having fears!!!! How does it feel when you take that first sip after surgery? I am so afraid of choking and getting things stuck?

Today I fell Woo Hoo! I don't know if it makes sense but that's what I have been saying all morning.

The gas must be almost gone so I feel better and I am A LOt less bloated. I actually fit back into my pants. No more strechey waists. I am so happy that I have not even thought about the food I am missing.

I hope you all have a Woo Hoo day.

I am still having fears!!!! How does it feel when you take that first sip after surgery? I am so afraid of choking and getting things stuck?

Just take a little sips. I could only have 1oz every 15 min.

I felt every time I sipped I burped at the beginning. But It's not bad. Since it's liquid it won't really get stuck.

I am a BIG CRY BABY and this has been a lot less painfull that I anticipated. My mom actually said she was so proud of me because I am not complaining much. It's mostly unconfortable because of the gas.

Good luck keep us posted.:thumbup:

@ GraciesMom. You can certainly stick to the pre op diet. I was on mine for 3 weeks and it was just Protein Shakes and 1 cup of veggies if I felt like I was starving. I did cheat one time though. But cheated with low fat string cheese (at least it had protein). I didn't mess up again though. I just had surgery yesterday. I only needed ONE incision (SIL), my surgeon said my liver looked perfect. I like to think it was because of the diet. I lost 22lbs on it. That's a nice jump start. So keep up the good work and be strong!!! It'll be worth it.

Boy oh boy, hearing "be strong, it'll be worth it" from you REALLY means something because of all you've had to endure! Thank you, and I am trying.

So glad you have made it over the mountain, and hopefully it will be much smoother sailing for you from here on out.

Thanks melloways for the kind and encouraging words.

Cheryl~

Hi, All! So many bandsters - I'm excited for us!

A word of encouragement for Cheryl and others on the pre-op diet. I am on day 8 of 14 today. I have 100% faithfully stuck with it - 3 Protein Shakes per day and clear, calorie-free Decaf liquids.

In the first seven days, I lost 17.4 lbs! OMG! It's been hard, but it is so worth doing! Hang in there - it's definitely worth it.

Amy

hey guys im back and everything is good. My mom is a nurse and she is taking really good care of me and all my demanding lol. I have been resting a lot. My port area is a tad swollen and the pain was a 7/10, but when I took my liquid 2 teaspoons of pain killer it went down to about a 4. My mom said it's a narcotic so do not overdue it but c'mon lol. I am having a hard time falling asleep in bed so i've been in and out of sleep but I don't feel very tired. I fell asleep easier on the couch. I've been savoring Peach Ocean Spray juice mixes so refreshing you guys have no idea how thirsty I was post op. My father went to buy some chicken broth for me but is having a bit of a hard time because all the thanksgiving shoppers lol. He is running to another store now to look for it. My surgeon was great, he even let me mom see me as soon as I was out and man waking up from the anesthesia really had me tripping lol. It went well and I'm glad you guys were there for me thanks a lot! I haven't had a chance to weigh myself I look forward to updating my ticker since the 11th of November.

Love you all, later bandsters.

Lol... peppermint tea and chrissette!!!!! Has helped me too.

I recovered pretty fast and well. I am suppose to be on soft liquid but I am sooo hungry. For the past couple of days I've been eating 1 meal. I chew til my jaw cramps up and I am eating about toddler size portion. I am still losing weight but I am finding this very difficult. With all this Thanksgiving talk and having to feed my family I am getting tempted. I am sooo worried and holding on to every rational thought in my head.

I feel absolutely no restriction. I feel the port but not the band nor the restriction when I drink or eat.

I need a fill. I even scheduled my post-op appointment a little early (maybe get cleared to exercise). I've been banded for 10 days now. Thanksgiving is at my house and I a worried about picking.

You lost 17.4 in 7 days?? OMG AMAZING well done! WOW ... so just 3 Protein Shakes? What kind are you having??

Hi, All! So many bandsters - I'm excited for us!

A word of encouragement for Cheryl and others on the pre-op diet. I am on day 8 of 14 today. I have 100% faithfully stuck with it - 3 Protein shakes per day and clear, calorie-free Decaf liquids.

In the first seven days, I lost 17.4 lbs! OMG! It's been hard, but it is so worth doing! Hang in there - it's definitely worth it.

Amy

Hey! I hear you with the Thanksgiving food talk but I will one up you. My surgery is the day before Thanksgiving so I decided (What was I thinking) to invite my family over this Saturday for Thanksgiving. Yes I am cooking up the full on Turkey meal for my family this Saturday. God....give me strength!

I recovered pretty fast and well. I am suppose to be on soft liquid but I am sooo hungry. For the past couple of days I've been eating 1 meal. I chew til my jaw cramps up and I am eating about toddler size portion. I am still losing weight but I am finding this very difficult. With all this Thanksgiving talk and having to feed my family I am getting tempted. I am sooo worried and holding on to every rational thought in my head.

I feel absolutely no restriction. I feel the port but not the band nor the restriction when I drink or eat.

I need a fill. I even scheduled my post-op appointment a little early (maybe get cleared to exercise). I've been banded for 10 days now. Thanksgiving is at my house and I a worried about picking.

So glad you are OK Mellow! How are you feeling today? I am getting sooooooooo excited for my day....my husband had his first fill and is doing better with some restriction now I cant wait to NOT BE HUNGRY! I am soooooo hungry all the time.

@ soexcited. I still have some deficiences. But apparently it wasn't enough to stop the surgery. I just have to follow up on it and take extra supplements. I am in some pain today. Not too bad since I only had ONE incision. I plan on going for a walk later. I am so happy I did this. Oh and I had some Tomato Soup that tasted like heaven!! Considering I only had Protein Shakes for 3 weeks.