Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Reasons why we should only lose 1 lb/week

As I stepped off the scale yesterday, disgusted with myself for only losing 5 lbs during the first 5 weeks of the Fall Weight Loss Challenge, I decided to think positively. I've come up with a list (some of it just a tad tongue in cheek) of why we should never lose more than 1 lb per week.

1. We've all read it time and time again. It's much healthier to lose weight slowly and steadily, blah blah blah... wait - did I already lose everybody's attention?

2. Give those naysayers time to accept your decision to have WLS. Maybe if they see you're not emaciated and malnourished 3 months out from surgery they'll come around to our way of thinking and get off your back.

3. Who can afford an entire new wardrobe every 3 weeks? Not me.

4. You won't lose 60 lbs in 3 months like our RNY friends, but hey - nobody likes a showoff!

5. My stomach is already sagging down to my knees. That skin has been stretched out for a long time. Give it time to snap back!

6. These boobs are already sagging down to my bellybutton. That skin has been stretched out for a long time. Give them time to snap back!

7. Ice cream has Calcium and Protein. And doesn't dairy help your waist shrink? The people who are losing 3-4 lbs are week surely didn't enjoy a big bowl of Haagen Daas last night like I did. I'm not trying to say you people are going to end up with Osteoporosis, but...

Those are all the reasons I can think of for now, but feel free to add yours if you're so inclined. :)

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly stand it!! Good ones Anne!! Here's some more:

1) It's so much easier to add our weight loss together. 1+1+1+1+1 = 5 Who wants to mess with 2's or 3's?!?!

2) We want to make sure we go through each size slowly. Who wants to start at size 22 & skip right to 16?!? Not me!! I want to experience ALL the numbers!!!

3) We LOVE the process of losing weight so much that we want this experience to last as long as we possibly can. (And each moment we experience it, we'll have a very BIG HAPPY SMILE on our face.)

4) When the RNY losers walk in the room, they've lost so much weight, people don't recognize them!! We, on the other hand can bask in the joy that we will be definately recognized for a VERY, VERY long time!!

7. Ice cream has Calcium and Protein. And doesn't dairy help your waist shrink? The people who are losing 3-4 lbs are week surely didn't enjoy a big bowl of Haagen Daas last night like I did. I'm not trying to say you people are going to end up with Osteoporosis, but...

:)

This is soooo true - I feel sorry for the ones being calcium deprived from no Ben & Jerry's once in awhile. This is such a funny thread! I will ponder on this for awhile and report back in when I can think of some more to add!

*We don't dump while we're shopiing, getting our nails done or riding in the car with the family.

* we get to tell little untruths to those whose business it is not. No bean spilling necessary with 1 pound a week loss. The old diet and exercise line works everytime. hehehehehe

* It's still 52 pounds a year!

Those are funny and I am right on track. How much did I loose this week with my weigh in last night? Le't say it together.....1 pound. LMBO

This is the way to loose, who else can loose 45 pounds and still fit their size 32's.

Oh Yea - 1 lb per week, thats me!!! I am only doing it for my kids. If I lose to fast, which I could if I tried they wouldnt recognise me, doing it the slow way gives them time to adjust SLOWLY. So there you have it - Im losing slowly on purpose for my kids hehehe :)

Sounds good though doesnt it!!