Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Proud or Ashamed of 100lb loss?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Proud or Ashamed of 100lb loss?

• Proud
    • Ashamed
    • Both you silly dolt

I think you should be extremely proud about achieving the loss you have!

While the past is the past, I think it is good to remember where you came from because that is part of what helps shape the person you are today.

I don't believe that people should hide the person they were away simply because they are ashamed of who that person was.

The person that you were decided to become the person you are today... give them credit where it's worth. That person may have been unhappy and over-induldged and made some bad decisions, but so does everyone whether they are skinny or not.

People that are at their goal weight or close to should be able to share their story with others they wish too without any embarrassment. WE chose to help ourselves, WE get the credit!

Our stories may help others to take a step in the right direction like we have :smile2:

I think you should be extremely proud about achieving the loss you have!

While the past is the past, I think it is good to remember where you came from because that is part of what helps shape the person you are today.

I don't believe that people should hide the person they were away simply because they are ashamed of who that person was.

The person that you were decided to become the person you are today... give them credit where it's worth. That person may have been unhappy and over-induldged and made some bad decisions, but so does everyone whether they are skinny or not.

People that are at their goal weight or close to should be able to share their story with others they wish too without any embarrassment. WE chose to help ourselves, WE get the credit!

Our stories may help others to take a step in the right direction like we have :thumbup:

Made me think of, kinda like a diamond in the rough. Is the diamond ashamed for not sparkling before its transformation? Is it any less valuable? Would people, knowing they had a diamond in the rough feel less for it or toss it aside as if it was not valuable? No, they wouldn't.

I know, kinda sappy, but that's what I thought when I read your post. :smile2:

I was thinking more about the question while I was meeting the drs on Wed.

I am ashamed of how I have let myself go to get to this place..... always saying things like.... well if I get to 140, 150, 165 etc if I get to 200 ... well I was never able to stay in action mode and have lasting progress.

Now a new book, I dared to take action and decided that food was no longer going to run me but I would need help. I have been making gradual changes, I am confident to lose now that I know I will have a definate support team.

Many of my friends say... no way I could never do what you are doing, others say, we will see how you do, and others in my cheering section ... I am proud to take action and I don't feel bad because I am looking toward gaining my life back!!!!

Well today was the big day, 100lbs gone and totally proud:thumbup:

Well today was the big day, 100lbs gone and totally proud:thumbup:

WTG KartMan! You should be so proud of your accomplishment...you are an inspiration! :seeya:

i will have to say both.

but the bad thing is im still have about another 65-70 pounds to go.

You worked very hard to get where you are, so be proud!

However, I totally understand the ashamed part. When I had lost weight in the past, I was thrilled for people to tell me how good I looked and notice that I lost weight, but not to harp on it too much or ask exactly how much weight I lost. I hated to have to put an actual number to it, to how how overweight I was/am.

Grats!

It's fine to be both. I'm angry with myself for putting myself in the situation I was in. I was not a victim of my genes, or society, or fast food, or marketing, or anything else. It was 100% my fault, and that is true of 99.999999% of people who are overweight.

BUT, I'm proud that I realized that my destiny was within my control, took steps, and succeeded. You and the rest of us on here should be too.

Life is short. Don't be ashamed. Be very proud. You achieved a VERY difficult goal. High five, big hugs, and live!!!

Ok, so I am 6 lbs away from losing 100 lbs and 7 lbs from my goal weight (which is shifting to Goal Body Fat BTW)

So here is the conundrum…

Should I be proud of losing 100 lbs, or should I be ashamed of having been 100 lbs overweight?